PDA

View Full Version : 400ex vs banshee

b400ex
09-16-2004, 05:41 PM
how much faster is a banshee than a 400ex? does the 400ex even have a chance?

sam the brave
09-16-2004, 08:02 PM
no chance in hell the banshee will smoke almost any quad stock for stock

03EX
09-17-2004, 06:25 PM
never happen and a Yfz450 will beat a banshee!

EvilEwok
09-17-2004, 09:10 PM
But see you have to consider the real world situations. Drag: No way in hell the 400ex would win, spanked without even opening the throttle. Woods and trail: The banshees axle would snap quick, and the stock tires SUCK. Moto: I'm not sure, the suspension on the 400ex is a lot better, definetly, but the quick revving of the 2stroke an the all out more power will give it a chance. But the tires on the rear love to spin, so, there would have to be some kind of shootout to see this in action.

450rkydude
09-25-2004, 11:21 AM
you guys are a little carried away on the banshee,my 400ex never had a problem keeping up with a banshee sure a banshee is faster but not as much as you think in a 300ft drag the ex will loose by around 8 quad lengths on the track they are even with a slight edge going to the ex with better hooking up and much better suspension.the ex's have tons more torque so that makes up alot that they loose on horse power.as far as trail rideing goes the 400ex is still the best atv you can buy for fast fun trail rideing.

sMoKiNyFz
09-27-2004, 02:07 PM
A banshee won't beat quite a few bikes. From what ive rode a yfz,450r, raptor, ds650, will beat a banshee. I have heard that a Predator ,C-dale, gas gas, and an atk will beat one too. I don't like banshees much though. Got too used to the yfz

tator
10-03-2004, 03:03 PM
a banshee will beet anything out thare.

kuba1506
10-04-2004, 06:22 PM
stock for stock the 400 doesnt have a chance in a drag but through the trails the 400 is a tough bike to catch

sMoKiNyFz
10-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by tator
a banshee will beet anything out thare.

At what?

balla250ex
10-07-2004, 12:50 PM
I will tell you all this... When you are on a slow quad it is much easier to tell the difference between a banshee and other quads.

I have raced a Z, KFX, and Banshee all in the same day before (KFX and Banshee have same owner). It goes without saying that I had no chance in hell nor heaven at winning these races, and I realized that from the start. I just wanted to match their power up with mine to see exactly where I stood.

The Z400 beat me pretty bad. The KFX came by me on the back 2 wheels and he was just toying with it. Then came the shee. Now, he does have the shee modded up quite a bit. (Exhaust, etc etc.) I raced him twice (on the road... I know, I know - "Shame, Shame" right?). As with the Z and KFX I was in front of him till I hit third gear, and he came up beside me and I looked over at him and he was'nt paying attention to what he was doing he was just looking over at me as if saying "WTF are you thinking racing me". The second time he literally FLEW past me on two wheels, bought it back down on 4 and gave me the finger.

It was funny/sad/embarrasing.

Afterwards I shook his hand and told him better luck next time. lol

Anyways I said all this to say that if the banshee I raced is faster than a Z and KFX, what makes you think a 400 is any faster?

sMoKiNyFz
10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Banshees are good for drags and thats where it ends.
Trails i think it would be close but not on a drag.
and Balla , you said he had it upgraded so you can't compare the bikes. I am not saying the 400 would have a chance anyway but banshees would still get beat but plenty of bikes. I just rode one too w/ my friend so i havent forgot how they feel either

balla250ex
10-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by sMoKiNyFz
Banshees are good for drags and thats where it ends.
Trails i think it would be close but not on a drag.
and Balla , you said he had it upgraded so you can't compare the bikes. I am not saying the 400 would have a chance anyway but banshees would still get beat but plenty of bikes. I just rode one too w/ my friend so i havent forgot how they feel either

True, but the difference in power was enough to know that even if it was stock it would still be a lot faster.

400exrider44
10-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Me and a couple of friends went to haspin and raced on their flat drag track, and i have a 400ex and starting i kept up with a banshee, but he did pull away and win but not by much, i was confused why he didnt kill me so we raced again and it was the same out come, the guy i raced said he had soem mods on the banshee, but my was completely stock.

Jake250ex
11-05-2004, 05:40 AM
I have a stock motored shee with t-5's. Me vs a stock 400ex, the 400 is usually close or gets a little jump off the line cause all I do is spin. After that, its shift and rev, and by the end hes about 5-10 quadlegnths back. I raced a piped 250R and beat him by about 1 quad legnth, the next time we tied. Next was a stock 450R. The first time, we were dead even, the next time I beat him by about half a quadlegnth.

sMoKiNyFz
11-07-2004, 06:54 PM
When you ride it you don't think its fast you know how fast it is. I don't go 60mph on a blaster or something and say i did 80. if you ride them both it is easy to tell that the banshee is quicker. Only biased people or people who havn't ridden each bike equally would deny that.

Toadz400
11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I think people need to stop asking this question, as it brings out the worst in people. Everyone flames the Banshee for being so horrible at everything except for drag. I would like to challenge anyone to a race in my woods, as I am still faster on my Banshee in tight woods than I am with my "King of the Trails" 400ex.

Banshee puts out more HP and a ton more acceleration than a 400ex, but the 400ex handles better and has better suspension and traction. If you know how to ride a Banshee you can beat almost anything in the woods as long as you are set up right for it.

*As for Hondamaster435, what crack are you smoking? A Banshee is extremely fast, especially after you pipe them. I HIGHLY doubt your 400ex with a pipe and filter would touch a piped Banshee, or even a stock Banshee, AS LONG AS the person on the Banshee knows how to ride.

bman9
11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
hondamaster ive been reading your threads and your always so cocky and ignorant, not knowing anything. In one of the replys of this thread it says [ I EAT UP BANSHEES ALL THE TIME I GOT A 400EX I JUST GOT A PIPE AND A FILTER ] then later you post [race me then
full blown race quad

every thing is done to it.

so what ones true?

if the riders right a banshee can kick some *** in the woods too, ive riden with them, good and bad riders and theres a difference but they can fly.

personally if i were to choose another quad between the banshee and 400 i would by far take the shee'

QuadJunkies
11-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by hondamaster435
[ I EAT UP BANSHEES ALL THE TIME I GOT A 400EX I JUST GOT A PIPE AND A FILTER ] I call BS on that....:o your freinds must not ride there Shees very well then......:p

QuadJunkies
11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
your a f@g COOL IT..... :grr:

Toadz400
11-12-2004, 08:31 PM
QJ, can you please ban him? He's just causing trouble in every thread...just a huge headache to this forum.

QuadJunkies
11-12-2004, 10:39 PM
PREDATORS SUCK TO
] Ill take you ANY day of the week.... SUCKA......:rolleyes: Im tired of you . you can suck on my Ban button........
:o :blah: