PDA

View Full Version : Any condition lobo II a-arms wanted, right side, left side top bottom whatever.

RobRacing
09-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Looking for a set of roll design lobo II a-arms for a TRX 450R. They can be in any condition just as long as they are straight and true. I don't want to spend a lot of money here, I will take just one side, just a bottom whatever. I am looking to copy them and need a set to go bye. I am not looking to spend anymore than $500 at the most for these a-arms. So if they are dinged up chipped, dented whatever just as long as the are still straight and true i will take them.

Rob

Paul400ex2002
09-16-2004, 08:10 PM
good luck finding some for 500 bucks, those are like 1000 dollar a-arms.

muff
09-16-2004, 08:30 PM
copy them....great idea :huh why not just spend a little more money, and get a decent set that you can own

YannGumbo
09-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Look what BBR has to say about people copying other manufacture stuff that they created.....
http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/News/BBRLegal/BBRLegal.htm

Pappy
09-17-2004, 07:40 AM
legal aspects aside, quailty is a huge issue with a knock off.

i have seen a arms where they are sold as chromoly yet they were manufactured using schedule 40 pipe. ive seen arms that had different shock mount heights.....faulty welding....and more!

you get what you pay for most of the time.

ohski
09-17-2004, 08:06 AM
I don’t see any legal issue if they are a one off… Meaning that he just makes a set for himself and does not sell them. As far as quality goes I would have to think a good fabricator could make a copy without any issues, there might be some trial and error though ;)

RobRacing
09-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Thankyou ohski. That is exactly what I want to do. Eventually I want to sell products but they will be of my own design. I am just looking for a cheap way out basically right now. I don't plan on selling any copied products. All I am looking for right now is a good base product to get started with and help keep my costs down.

QuadRacer041
09-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
legal aspects aside, quailty is a huge issue with a knock off.

i have seen a arms where they are sold as chromoly yet they were manufactured using schedule 40 pipe. ive seen arms that had different shock mount heights.....faulty welding....and more!

you get what you pay for most of the time.

amen to that my brother.

i see alot of roll wanna be's.
just look at jrd, if thats not a roll CLONE i dont know what is.

Florida400EX
09-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by quad041
amen to that my brother.

i see alot of roll wanna be's.
just look at jrd, if thats not a roll CLONE i dont know what is.

If roll wasn't such a rip-off then people wouldn't buy jrd, theres only so many ways you can make a set of A-arms, of course some will look similar.

QuadRacer041
09-19-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
If roll wasn't such a rip-off then people wouldn't buy jrd, theres only so many ways you can make a set of A-arms, of course some will look similar.

well you get what u pay for, i guess thats why i always see jrd stuff all welded up all over the place.

muff
09-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX

there is a reason why some of these a-arms are so expensive. because they actually put some time into research and design and testing. look at arens, yes their cheap, but they also havent taken the crucial part to test their product as well. i would rather pay extra, get an original well proven part, then a rip off company who cant come up with their own design. and their are plenty of different designs to create countless new styles of a-arms, they just dont want to have to spend the R&D into doing so.

if you dont believe me on the a-arm designs, then take a look at all of the companies that are already out, although they all perform the same function, you cant possible argue that roll design, walsh, laeger, burgard, lonestar, and many others each have their own unique designs

RobRacing
09-19-2004, 10:25 AM
I just want to know if someone has some used roll design a-arms in any condition that they want to sell for $500 or less.