PDA

View Full Version : I need higher bars. Any suggestions?

turboTony
09-16-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm only 5'9" But my bars feel kind of low and I feel like I'm in sort of an uncomfortable position when on the seat.
Another inch would make a world of difference. I've looked around at different bars but most just say CR HI or CR LO or whatever.
Could anyone suggest a bar with the same width and bend as the stockers but just a little higher?

remlapr
09-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Almost all aftermarket bars are lower then stockers. I have a trail tech big bar riser clamp and tag t2 CR double high's and it's a little bit taller then stock, but the bend is very different. I actually like it better. You really need to look at a taller stem if the stockers aren't high enough, different bars alone aren't going to do it.

*Edit* - I also have a pair of pastrana FMX protapers that I need to sell that are even higher then the CR double high's and the bend is similar to stock bars. These bars plus the clamp like I'm running would get you close to +1 taller I think.

turboTony
09-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Will the bars bolt up to the stock clamp? It doesn't have to be an inch. Just anything a little more than stock.
Are the bars used? Post some pics. I may be interested...

250RXCrider
09-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I am 6'2" and I find the Renthal 400EX bend bars to be more comfortable then stock.

turboTony
09-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 250RXCrider
I am 6'2" and I find the Renthal 400EX bend bars to be more comfortable then stock.
thanks. I'll check into those as well.
edit: I checked thier site and judging by this http://www.renthal.com/application_result.asp?type=35
The TRX bars are higher than the 400ex bars but not quite as wide. Are these the ones you meant?

chris450R
09-16-2004, 06:44 PM
i have some renthal fatbars that are a cr hi bend and i used a moose clamp kit that raised them about a half an inch or more and they feel 100% better thatn stock. also i 5'8" so that might work for you too. just my $.02.

250RXCrider
09-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by turboTony
thanks. I'll check into those as well.
edit: I checked thier site and judging by this http://www.renthal.com/application_result.asp?type=35
The TRX bars are higher than the 400ex bars but not quite as wide. Are these the ones you meant?

Yep those are them...the wider bar and not as much sweep makes them feel my comfortable to me then the 450 bars. To me they feel like a good height because I had some bars that were to high and it made it harder to dive into corners. On another note they are pretty strong, I have rolled on them twice and they are less expense then "fat" type bars.

remlapr
09-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by turboTony
Will the bars bolt up to the stock clamp? It doesn't have to be an inch. Just anything a little more than stock.
Are the bars used? Post some pics. I may be interested...

No you would have to buy one of the Trailtech big bar riser clamps for about $60 from somewhere. Rockymountain has them. The bars I have are new, PM me if interested.

macsolocam
09-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Buy you a steering stem.

turboTony
09-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by macsolocam
Buy you a steering stem.
I think you forgot to write, "I'm going to..." :D

Matt400ex_17
09-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Tag X-5 Fourtrax bend is higher than stock by a bit dont know exactly how much though!