PDA

View Full Version : cant find this truck ANYWHERE...

Bush0102
09-16-2004, 01:06 PM
i cant find a picutre of this truck i want anywhere on the internet. I'm want a 98-02 dodge dually 4x4 with the cummins 24 valve (i think they still had the 12 valve in 98) but i really really want the black sport model that has the red lettering on the side and on the tailgate. does anyone know what years they made the black sport with red lettering and where i can find a picture of one?

this probably wont get any replies but thanks anyway...

nhs333x2
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
try ebay, and other classified sites and mags.

Good luck finding one!

09-16-2004, 05:50 PM
try
http://www.traderonline.com/

tclapp
09-16-2004, 06:26 PM
they only had the 12 in the very first 98's there were only like 200 i think that were 98's that were the 12 not the 24 but as far as the lettering goes i cant help you out there

Bush0102
09-16-2004, 06:34 PM
hmm i know its a sport edition and there wasnt one on trader or ebay or any used car site i could find....

440exnacsracer
09-16-2004, 07:57 PM
i know where one is, but i aint tellin cause your a BUSH supporter:D j/k good luck, id say keep lookin on the web:confused:

brif
09-16-2004, 09:33 PM
The ones with the red lettering were the original sport models. The had a grill and bumper the same as the chrome ones except they were painted. They did this through the '98 model year. The '99 models gained the new sport front end with a redesigned grill surround, clear headlights, and new front facia. These models have the silver "sport" decal on the hood(although some of the 01's had a small sport emblem on the c-pillar, and no decal at all). If you're just wanting the red decals, find the truck you want, remove the decals and have a custom lettering place design and install the lettering you want. You could use original decals, but this would cost too much. Or if you want to do it the way you want from the factory you're looking for a '98 sport, although as others had stated the 24v. came out in the later part of 98'. So you may be looking for a hard to find truck. I'd find a 99' or newer and do thje decals. The 99'+ models have a more "fresh" looking frontend. Goodluck.

Toadz400
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I love how the sport models get an upgraded grill and bumper!

Good luck finding the truck, have you tried looking through Google or any other search engine? There has to be a picture of it somewhere...the Internet is endless my friend.

Bush0102
09-17-2004, 06:59 AM
Brif- thank you so much i thought i would never find out...yeah the one dually sport with the red lettering i saw looked kinda old and beat up, and i was worried that they were before the 99 model year. yeah i think i am going to have to get a newer model and just deal with the white decals- thats no big deal...i just need the 24 valve cummins to pull our horses.

Good luck finding the truck, have you tried looking through Google or any other search engine? There has to be a picture of it somewhere...the Internet is endless my friend.

yeah tell me about it man...i spent 4 whole hours and skipped a class looking for the dang thing yesterday- and still didnt find it! Thanks yall

MY450R
09-17-2004, 08:31 AM
just buy a silverado ss
345 hp red or black ground effects 20 inch wheels awesome truck
also all wheel drive

p@iNn3ck
09-17-2004, 08:52 AM
truck 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489487097&category=31831)

or

truck 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489939947&category=31831&sspagename=WDVW)

then add

decals (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7921969227&category=50447)

:D

Bush0102
09-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
just buy a silverado ss
345 hp red or black ground effects 20 inch wheels awesome truck
also all wheel drive

:huh
you're kidding, right?

09-17-2004, 12:08 PM
why u want a dodge? they are turds

Bush0102
09-17-2004, 12:27 PM
why do you talk **** to everyone on here? no one wants to hear your smartass comments. maybe you should get a truck worth talking about before you diss other peoples. that dodge will ram any other dually made that year...and it still will. the cummins is unstoppable, cheaper and more efficient than the powerstroke, and dodge's rear suspension on their duallys kicks ***.

shut the hell up. i asked for information, not your gay comments.

scrawny little ***...i know where you live

450TRAILRIDER
09-17-2004, 12:55 PM
WHOA, WHOA.

I understand your statement but,

Dont' drag down a powerstroke until you have grossed 35k on an 8hr trip beside one with a cummins through the West Virginia Turnpike.

Then you will change your tune.

Bush0102
09-17-2004, 01:08 PM
haha im fully aware of the powerstroke's capabilities. The reason i like the dodge is the rear suspension in the dually- and to be honest- i like the sound of the 6 cyliner a little better. they're both really good engines.

i have a buddy who has a 99 f-250 with the old 7.3 powerstroke in it. The thing is lifted 16 inches and sits on 44s. Last weekend we put a 135 hp selectable chip, 4" downpipes, 225cc injectors, and a 5" final exhaust on it. That thing will blow more black smoke than a semi....
the stroke is a sweet powerplant, i just like the cummins a little better.

450TRAILRIDER
09-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I fully understand,

We National Tractor Pull with a good old John Deere.

Six's definitley hold up better when built to the extreme.

Try 250+ lbs of boost.

There is some black smoke!!!

Bush0102
09-17-2004, 01:29 PM
yeah man i bet....dont some people use airplane engines out of like P-51s in some of those tractor pull rigs?

450TRAILRIDER
09-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Yea, there are nine jet modified's in the nation and here in NC we have three of them.

One is on a mini - mod, only 10' long.

There are a couple of the old Allison Airplane engine Modifieds still running the ciciut also. ( 3 v-10's ).

My best friend has a Dodge 1500 that is a black sport edition with the red lettering and stripe.

Nice looking truck ; Good luck with your search.

Toadz400
09-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
why u want a dodge? they are turds

I was hoping you'd act different when you changed your account, but obviously you're still going down that same road.

Remember how some people like different brands, and not just because of the name, but because of experience with them? So maybe he's had a lot of good luck with Dodges and maybe Chevy and Ford have been sh*t to him, that would probably cause someone to stick to Dodge. They aren't that big of pieces of crap...but hey, they'll get you around. Of course I'd take a Chevy over a Ford or Dodge anyday, but that's just because we've never had good experience with Ford/Dodge and Chevy has always pulled through for us.

Rdhanded2
09-18-2004, 06:10 PM
the reason I even read thses threads is because people can speak their minds about things. I drive a Ford and love it. People tell me they are crap all the time. That is their opinion. I tell them they can lick my sweaty n*t sack. That is my opinion. Last time I checked, opinions were allowed on this site. Of course, it is your opinion that he should keep his opinion, therefore.............. crap, I just went cross-eyed thinking about this. Nevermind

brif
09-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Rd, the point he is making is a comment like that isn't a contibution to this thread. If he doesn't like dodges fine but whats that got to do with finding this truck? This wasn't started as a " Dodge is great and Ford & Chevy are junk" thread. If it was then maybe a comment like that would be relevent if he actually explained why he THOUGHT that was true. Every brand makes a model that will have issues from time to time and if you own many vehicles in your lifetime you're gonna run onto a "turd" once and awhile nomatter the brand.
No one is saying you can't speak your mind, but if it is of zero relevence why waste everbodys time and try and make what was a helpful thread into a flamefest?

fastkid400
09-19-2004, 12:58 AM
try www.dieseltruckresource.com
yeah my bros truck just got done. its a 99 cummins, twin turboed, fuel systemed, big *** injectors, itll blow sum smoke:D heres sum of our pics before the big make over job, just descibed.http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/19834

this is a pretty kool thing to get into

09-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
why do you talk **** to everyone on here? no one wants to hear your smartass comments. maybe you should get a truck worth talking about before you diss other peoples. that dodge will ram any other dually made that year...and it still will. the cummins is unstoppable, cheaper and more efficient than the powerstroke, and dodge's rear suspension on their duallys kicks ***.

shut the hell up. i asked for information, not your gay comments.

scrawny little ***...i know where you live :rolleyes: ur so tuff on the internet...it was a joke..i know the kid...getoff my nuts & stop whining....and as for me going out & getting a truck I can talk about or whatever, my mommy & daddy arent gonna just buy me one like yours....i work & buy my own ****.....:rolleyes: