PDA

View Full Version : neuance speakers

Alberta_Qaudin
09-16-2004, 10:27 AM
k i bought these speakers a while ago hearin how great they were and **** and was impressed with them...but now i've got a reciever that actually pushes them and good god...eviction notice here i come

Regular_Joe
09-16-2004, 11:25 AM
They aren't all that. Personally I'd never get a pair.

They are commonly sold through demos where they use a cd that was recorded using Q-Sound (like Madonna's Immaculate Collection CD). This helps a speaker sound much better than it really is. Gives it the illusion that the speaker has a huge huge sweet spot.

I'd suggest poking around here: Home Theater Forum (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/) I've gotton tons of great advice there. Personally I'd look into Paradigm, Infinity, Mirage, Energy, etc.... Something with a great following and solid reputation.

MY450R
09-16-2004, 11:32 AM
i have is 4 bose 901's and 3 carver amps
let me tell you my system is so loud i cant even come close to turning the volume up all the way
half way i can hear it about a half mile away!!

MOFO
09-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Ugh.... sorry you bought them.... I'd really hate to see what you paid for them too. Thats one of the biggest scams out there....

the white van speakers... :(

Alberta_Qaudin
09-16-2004, 04:40 PM
i'm actually really happy with them and didnt pay that much...i have four 5' towers and a 2' center, and a woofer for around $1500 canadian so like what $100 american

Stevie-D
09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
lmao. you guys are hard core. :p i have an extended cab dakota. the back seats fold up into the back of the cab. under the one seat is a storage compartment. i made a cover for it out of plywood, sanded it smooth, skimmed it with bondo to get it perfectly flat and smooth, and sprayed it black. i sunk 2 8" Urban Audioworks subs into it. wired them through a small amp right into the stock rear speakers. lmao. nig-rigging if i do say so myself. :Di can even still drop the seat over them so i can haul people in the back. definately not the best in the world, but fot $40, i got the speakers , amp, and a box off of my former boss. they are in perfect shape. they don't put out sound very well when i crank it all the way, but they get pretty darned loud and bangin for $40. my seat vibrates with them(kinda neat:p :huh) i aint aimin to shake windows as i drive by. (thats what the dual pipes with glasspack tips is for:devil: ) im just a cheap redneck who likes a little thump in his country music. lmao:D

MOFO
09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
lmao. you guys are hard core.

Yep, I am VERY picky when it comes to audio/video.... I swear its in my bloodline...

Oh BTW Alberta, $1500 canadian is NOT $100 American... you paid the normal "only today" price of around $1,000 American.

go check out www.avsforum.com (audio video science forum).... check and ask around about those nuance speakers.... you'll get the real deal. The outside of those speakers might look ok, and you can turn them up, but to call them high quality is a bit in left field. I know people that have opened up those cabinets only to find very low grade materials and components....nothing that belongs in a $1,000+ speaker set, which explains the HORRIBLE frequence response curves that look like a roller coaster....

Guy400
09-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Ugh.... sorry you bought them.... I'd really hate to see what you paid for them too. Thats one of the biggest scams out there....

the white van speakers... :( That's funny that you should mention the white van. About 6 months ago me and a buddy from work were out and we come strolling out of a bank and up pulls this white E150 with 2 scrubby 20-somethings in it. They say to us "Hey, you want to buy some home theater speakers for cheap? They were left over from a new install and we want to get rid of them." I told them no thanks, they're probably hot. He assured me these were excellent speakers and I just walked away.

I sold my MartinLogan Odyssey's after I found out my wife was pregnant. She wasn't going to be working for 3 months and I needed money:confused: Oh well, I guess I'll step up to the Prodigy's:macho

phatswinn
09-16-2004, 08:43 PM
infinity is the way to go, ive had the same infinitys since 85' (they were my stepdads) the 15's still bump strong, highs and mids are still great, ive been in the market to buy new speakers but just cant find anything better sounding than them!

everythings so small now, mine are prolly 4 ft tall and 1 1/2 ft wide......bigger is better

300exOH
09-17-2004, 08:21 AM
These sound like the same con artists I ran into in a Kmart parking lot. I try stay away from anything sold out of a plain white work van. I'll stick with my Bose 601's from 1982. My dad bought them brand new and they still smoke most speakers on the market. I'd like to find a nice cet of Paradigm's or Boston Acoustics though.

XANDADA
09-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I have Paradigm monitor 11's in my house. They're alright, best I could afford anyways...:devil:

I had a white van stop me too, said they were selling some speakers left over from a "night club" install. Said the warehouse sent them too many and they even had an invoice showing paid in full on them. Invoice showed like $2,500 speakers that they would sell me for $500. They were actually decent looking speakers on the outside. I didn't get 'em figuring they were some kind of scam. What was even funnier is the same guys stopped me about a year later with the same story. I told them I met them a year ago and we all kind of laughed and went our seperate ways...

MY450R
09-17-2004, 08:52 AM
hahahahahahaha
the ol' van eh?
yup i got suckered in by a brown van and the dudes said they put these in a theater and that they were left overs
well i bought 6 of them for 300 bucks
i hooked them up and blew them all haha i guess 3000 watts wasn't good for them lol

XANDADA
09-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Here's my dream subwoofer for my home theater setup:
ahhhhh droool......SUNFIRE
http://www.sunfire.com/images/primary_TrueSubwooferEQSigPR.jpg

That baby could do some serious structural damage. I listened to a demo of it once and it was hitting notes below human audible level and was shaking the intire building:devil:

Regular_Joe
09-17-2004, 12:05 PM
I love my Velodyne SPL-12 ..... it rocks.

300exOH
09-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe

That's what I'd like to replace my cheap JBL sub with.:devil:

XANDADA- Sounds like you and I could bs about stereo equip all day. It runs in my family too.:cool:

YLW400
09-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Have any of you guys ever heard of Omni Audio??

MOFO
09-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe

ahhh, thats the sub I'm looking at right now... but those damn SVS's are making it a hard pick. The only downside to the SVS is the physical size and I dont think it will work in our new apartment...

Regular_Joe
09-17-2004, 04:33 PM
I'd love to try an SVS .... just because ....

Guy400
09-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
I have Paradigm monitor 11's in my house. They're alright, best I could afford anyways...:devil:

I had a white van stop me too, said they were selling some speakers left over from a "night club" install. Said the warehouse sent them too many and they even had an invoice showing paid in full on them. Invoice showed like $2,500 speakers that they would sell me for $500. They were actually decent looking speakers on the outside. I didn't get 'em figuring they were some kind of scam. What was even funnier is the same guys stopped me about a year later with the same story. I told them I met them a year ago and we all kind of laughed and went our seperate ways... This wasn't in the Twinsburg area was it? The funniest thing is it happened to me twice as well and both times I was in the same bank parking lot in Twinsburg!!

XANDADA
09-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Both times were in the Kent State Univ. area about 8 years ago...