PDA

View Full Version : quick pipe questions

ignormity
09-16-2004, 05:07 AM
ok i narrowed it down to 2 pipes. for Trail and LIGHT MX riding what would be the best idea. LRD or Sparks x-6?

-Joe

doublezero
09-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Both of those pipes are good for mx but sound may be an issue if u trail ride alot. But if i had to choose i would say sparks

cals400ex
09-16-2004, 03:16 PM
i haven't rode the lrd, but from what i hear the x-6 will do a little better at top rpm and the lrd will do a little better at lower rpms. both should be good pipes. i would determine where you want your max power and go from there.

Giz400ex
09-16-2004, 06:54 PM
I've had both and to me the LRD is the way to go!!! I wanted to like the Sparks but it didn't satisfy me AT ALL! I've increased my low and mid (big time) but top I really can't tell with the LRD:D Didn't really seem any different at the top:confused: I highly recommend the LRD to anyone. Good luck with your choice:D Cals400ex usually sees me at these types of threads and he's probably getting sick and tired of me saying the same thing....over.........over .........over again:D :D

JRDrider22
09-16-2004, 07:05 PM
go with the x-6!!

Giz400ex
09-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
go with the x-6!! WHY?

Mofo Racing
09-16-2004, 07:56 PM
is it still a quick question if you read REALLY slow:huh

ignormity
09-16-2004, 08:02 PM
haha. well im a quick reader but i checked the posts too slow b/c i was goona bid LRD on ebay but i didnt buy. The Everyone is tellin me x-6 but now, prices on the LRD. The best price on LRD is 439.00 and the best price on x-6 i found was 529.00. i don't think i could afford the x-6 unless some one could find a bertter website to get it cheaper. All replies have been a great help, thanks a lot

-Joe

honduh440
09-16-2004, 09:07 PM
hey dude, trust me on this the sparks is a better pipe reason being is they put the exact same power out from dynos ive seen and the spakrs looks better and it sounds so much better. sparks pipes to quads are like flowmasters and mustangs if you know what i mean. that 530 for the pipe is rediculous call Nate at nmotion the phone number is 316 262 8900 he will get u the pipe for like 450. also another thing i have a friend who has had a spakrs pipe on his bike for 2 years and its still in excellent condition

ignormity
09-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Ight, thanks a lot. I think im goona go sparks pipe. Thanks for the replies. I'm goona give a call to that number and prolly order one. Is there s sparks cam that would go good with the sparks pipe? i wont be doing much MX just mainly trailing. I just want good power. The only reason i considered the LRD was the new LRD big bore kit. I saw a good deal on an LRD and i thoght that if matched up with another LRD product it would perform better. THanks for all your help.

-Joe

cals400ex
09-17-2004, 11:24 AM
call C&D racing for the sparks pipe. i think when i got my stainless steel one (which is an additional $40 if i remember correctly) along with 2 new crush washer gaskets and shipping i paid a total of $495.

Mofo Racing
09-18-2004, 07:40 PM
I bought mine dirrectly from sparks and paid $512
best choice I ever made. I almost got divorced over it but thats a different story alltogether.

p.s. word to the wise- Tell your wife if you spend $512. Don't let her find out the the next week when the statement comes in.

jedman
09-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey Joe, I did a lot of research and checked the reviews and the X-6 was the highest rated pipe by an ATV magazine. I got and it was great compared to my WB E-Series slip on. As far as the cam, I have never researched the Sparks cam. I researched and came up with the HRC cam as being the best for me. It has a very good all around power improvement and is a oem honda part.