PDA

View Full Version : Twinpeaks 700 Question

EASTHILL
09-15-2004, 07:50 PM
I have an 04 twinpeaks 700 and I tripped the belt failure detection system-
It states in the manual to return to the dealer for a reset.
Does anyone know how to reset this blinking belt light?
:confused: I cant ride the machine without the reset.

4TraxRider
09-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Call your dealer and ask them if it's something they can explain over the phone?

TheFontMaster
09-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
Call your dealer and ask them if it's something they can explain over the phone?

Why would a dealer do that when they could have you bring the machine down and make you pay 500 dollars for them to fiddle around with a couple wires and the belt for 2 hours.

J/K

Try calling them, If you have a good dealer then they might be able to give you some help.

EASTHILL
09-18-2004, 08:46 AM
At 10:00 pm est i called a west coast dealer and he walked me thru it:)
very cool
thanks anyway for the advice.

TheFontMaster
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
It's good to hear of some good dealers that will actually help the people they sell machines to.

dirtmomma
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Wow I hope you have better luck w/ yours than a buddy of ours did :( he bought it brand new in Indiana (i think) & brought in to Idaho for the jamboree & rode it ONE day & the rest of the time was spent in a shop :grr: he had broken the drive belt I think, but all I remember he wasn't very happy being w/o it for the whole jamboree!!

EASTHILL
09-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Yikes,what a bummer.
My problem was my fault-i tripped the switch accidently-
outside of that, my machine has worked flawlesslyand has exceeded my expectations of a 4X4 utility quad.:D

dirtmomma
09-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by EASTHILL
Yikes,what a bummer.
My problem was my fault-i tripped the switch accidently-
outside of that, my machine has worked flawlesslyand has exceeded my expectations of a 4X4 utility quad.:D

:cool:

TheFontMaster
09-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Wow I hope you have better luck w/ yours than a buddy of ours did :( he bought it brand new in Indiana (i think) & brought in to Idaho for the jamboree & rode it ONE day & the rest of the time was spent in a shop :grr: he had broken the drive belt I think, but all I remember he wasn't very happy being w/o it for the whole jamboree!!

I think if it was in the shop for so long it had to have been more than the drive belt. It takes like 5 muinutes if that to change a belt on a snowmobile.