PDA

View Full Version : Here comes DEER season!

Pappy
09-15-2004, 07:09 PM
finally! bow season started today whoooohooo:macho

any body else ready, other states should be starting soon

p@iNn3ck
09-15-2004, 07:14 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: DAAAGUMMIT

You're right, it started here today also..... AND IM STILL AT WORK!

I think Im gonna catch a cold friday...:devil:

Pappy
09-15-2004, 07:17 PM
i was all set to go tonight until an inept mechanic cost me by not knowing jack squat and i had to spend all afternoon unloading product from one truck to another:mad:

its still warm here, but light rain is expected so hunting should be ok.

still dreamin of a big one:macho

Quad18star
09-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Bow season starts here at the beginning of October ... then Rifle is for 1 week at the end of november ... maybe even beginning of November this year . I found a new way to hunt deer ... put a LARGE push bar on the front of the Dodge truck and drive 50 MPH with the highbeams on ..... Free hamburger !!!!

Pappy
09-15-2004, 07:22 PM
sooner or later ill get to hunt Alberta. i want to go out west for Elk and Mule Deer also.

Natertot426ex
09-15-2004, 07:25 PM
I'll be heading out the first of november for elk. We are camping out for a week in the back country. It should be a lot of fun. Cold but fun:D

250EXking
09-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Ah man i can't wait Pappy, I got my bow sighted in to 40 yards, got the Double Bull Blind out and ready to go. Im set, this is what i got last year. 8 point, 23 inch spread, tines are like 10-11 inches, forget the exact size, but how do you like it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p5343e57a0f6981715159fc605390efea/f6ff9acb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pef80379c9422bdba50d88c6a33686767/f6ff9aca.jpg

Quad18star
09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
sooner or later ill get to hunt Alberta. i want to go out west for Elk and Mule Deer also. If you ever wanan come and hunt deer .... check out manitoulin Island here in Ontario . Largest fresh water island in the world part of lake Superior . Very beautiful place and LOADED with deer . Mind you they aren't the largest deer in world ... and don't get to be the size of the ones you probably get in your neck of the woods .... but there are tons of them . They are actually over populated since they cant get into main land ... trapped on the Island . Ministry of Natural Resources issued an Open hunt a few years ago to try and bring down the number of deer .

Also come and try your luck at Moose hunting . Probably some of the largest moose you'll ever see . We shot one a few years back with a rack spand of almost 5 feet . He was a beauty and we got LOTS of meat outta this guy . Nothing like Moose steak with deer steaks and some northern pike or walleye on the side . MMM MMM MMM . I think im taking that out for dinner tomorrow :devil:

knighttime
09-15-2004, 07:41 PM
just got my bow out the other day:D

Pappy
09-15-2004, 08:12 PM
250Exking...damn fine buck!

my old lady wants me to kill her a moose. i geuss it would be ok, but thats one animal ive never had intrest in hunting and dont know why:p maybe because it would be like shooting a bull:D

how about black bear....ive been dying to kill one

Quad18star
09-15-2004, 08:30 PM
250Exking...damn fine buck!

my old lady wants me to kill her a moose. i geuss it would be ok, but thats one animal ive never had intrest in hunting and dont know why:p maybe because it would be like shooting a bull:D

how about black bear....ive been dying to kill one Man you want black bear???? Dude come and see me . I live in a town of almost 200 000 people and we had one running around in the downtown just the other day . It was funny stuff . They had to bring the police to block off the area and the Natural Resource guys to come and take it down . Our Black bear population is way out of hand because our genius government went and took away one of the black bear hunting seasons . I can't remember if it was the spring or fall hunt that they ebolished but it litteraly drove the bear count up a few hundred % . What's nice about hunting bear here , you go to the local corner store ( or wherever they sell the licenses) , pay your $35 or so and go shoot one . No stupid draws to put up with or anything ( unlike the deer , moose, elk, cariboo etc) . Ive sen a couple come out of the woods weighing nearly 900 lbs . Let me tell you ... they got claws like a mother F****r . I know I wouldn't wanna be caught battling one .

What's great for American hunters , whether it be bear , moose , deer etc . As soon as you guys book a charter flight to an outpost camp with an outfitter , you automatically receive tags for the species that you want to hunt .

So lets say you pay $1000 US funds for an outpost cottage . You get a fully furnished cottage , tags for whatever animal it is you're there to hunt for , usually a boat , motor and gas to get around with . Your flight into your cabin .... some provide housekeeping and 3 meals a day . You'll get to see some of the best scenery in the world , best hunting and fishing in the world also . It's really worth it .

Just down the street from me , there's the main office for one of the local outfitter's . My cousin husband is the pilot there and everyday he's flying new people in and out of there to their cabins . I gotta give it to you guys ... when you pack for a trip you REALLY pack . I watched a few Americans laod their stuff into a float plane and they had TONS of chit . Pretty cool to see all the diffrent places people come from .... Kentuky , Indianna , Ohio . Even seen from as far as California on the license plates .

Quad18star
09-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Here's a link for you Pappy and anyone else looking for some Info about Tourist Outfitters here in Northern Ontario Canada .

http://www.noto.net/

Tommy 17
09-15-2004, 09:25 PM

how about black bear....ive been dying to kill one

it was by far the coolest thing i've ever done:devil:

in 4 years i'll take u black bear hunting up here in pa pappy... i would this year but i can't with college... i get to hunt 2 days of archery (1st and last day) and the 1st day of rifle...

o well if i give up 4 years i can get back full swing... with a good job and a edumaction:devil:

Punk'd
09-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I love deer season!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/kawasaki535/dads20deer.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/kawasaki535/Picture021.jpg

;)

Quad18star
09-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Punk'd is that your living room or family room?? Cuz in the first picture beside the deer head I see a few pictures ... 2 of them appear to be young kids ( your kids??) . If so ... that is what I call being a dedicated hunter .... 2 prize possession together ... the deer rack and the kids pictures . :blah:

Punk'd
09-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Punk'd is that your living room or family room?? Cuz in the first picture beside the deer head I see a few pictures ... 2 of them appear to be young kids ( your kids??) . If so ... that is what I call being a dedicated hunter .... 2 prize possession together ... the deer rack and the kids pictures . :blah:

:p Oh no man im not old enough to have kids quite yet:D
And what can I say Me and my family love to hunt;)

FastHonda400ex
09-16-2004, 12:11 AM
sooner or later ill get to hunt Alberta. i want to go out west for Elk and Mule Deer also.

Pappy,

Tell me when you're ready for some Elk or Deer hunting:D Oregon has a large population of Elk and really good hunting opportunities. My archery season started on Aug 26th, and I've got a draw tag for a branch bull in my home unit this year. A guy I met told me last weekend that I could come up to his property and shoot a 300+ class bull from his tree stand area if I want. So I'll be heading up there this coming Saturday;)

allmixedup047
09-16-2004, 12:51 AM
heres a few from last season. one i killed and the other was a friend of dans. mine was 8point that only went like 114b&c and the other was a 17point. not shure what it scored.

allmixedup047
09-16-2004, 12:52 AM
oops, heres my 8 point. mine looks friggen tiny.

allmixedup047
09-16-2004, 12:55 AM
talk about a trooper. i had a 103degree temp when that picture was taken. as soon as i got out into the woods i started puking that day. i was freezin my balls off.

MY450R
09-16-2004, 07:59 AM
the worst thing ive ever eaten was bear meat yuck

quad
09-16-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm just waitin for rifle season!!!!!! Theres just sumthin bout watchin the 45-70 sweepin em off their feet!!!!!!!muahhhhhhhahahaha:devil:

Pappy
09-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
the worst thing ive ever eaten was bear meat yuck

ive had bear stew and it was killa:devil:

sharkinthepool
09-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Season here in Ohio does not start until October 2nd. But the Hoyt and I are well ready and been watching a couple of nice ones at the farm.

Pappy
09-16-2004, 10:42 AM
i havent been to the farm i hunt since the last day of goose seaon in february. the fella's told me only 1 buck was seen last night and a few doe's.

looks like its time for me to pop in and piss them off by nailing a big boy:devil:

gyt-r450
09-16-2004, 11:54 AM
elk and deer season in CO has been going on sents 8/29 and ends the 9/26 here i shoot a doe last week and now im trying to get a elk hope i do:D

86350x
09-16-2004, 12:18 PM
I hope I get enough time to go this year, bow is still sighted in. We can't use rifles in my area:( Only Shotguns and muzzle-loaders. It's a stupic rule though, because Knights are almost rifles anyways.:rolleyes:

gyt-r450
09-16-2004, 12:31 PM
yeah Knight's r rilfes IMO

Punk'd
09-16-2004, 02:02 PM
ive had bear stew and it was killa:devil:

lmao go pappy and his lingo:blah:

Goat397
09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
man im friggen jealous , bow season doesnt start up here in NY untill oct 15 and we dont get those slammers like you people out west. if you shoot a 130 inch buck in NY youve got a dandy. im spoiled my first buck was an 8 pointer and i havent shot one since cause i want somthing bigger but 3 years is to long to go so this year brown is down. id love to take a trip out to kansas one day maybe when i finish high school and shoot one of the 200 inch monsters