PDA

View Full Version : Livingston

Winged Warrior
04-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Anybody going to Livingston this weekend? I am going down to ride with the Toyota off road club:D

spincr4hire
04-10-2002, 06:36 AM
I'll be there, supposed to meet up with the Toyota offroad club as well....I hope its not too crowded, with the AMA's going on just down the road in London. I hope the rain holds out, too. Its supposed to be in the mid 70's all weekend, with a chance of thunderstorms.

Adam F
04-10-2002, 10:33 AM
Toyotaoffroad club????????????????? Dude, sign me up. I am a HUGE toyota nut. Check out my site!!!!!!! I was actually planning on going this weekend!!

spincr4hire
04-10-2002, 02:01 PM
I think you either have to work at Toyota or have a relative that works there to sign you up with the club, I don't work there but luckily my cuz does !:D

Adam F
04-10-2002, 03:29 PM
Damn! Maybe I'll get a second job!

Winged Warrior
04-10-2002, 05:34 PM
spincr,have you ridden with them before? I havent but thought i would try it out since all of my old ridin buds are all wussed out! What is your cuzzs name?

spincr4hire
04-11-2002, 06:08 AM
No, I haven't ridden with them before. My cuz says they ride sort of slow sometimes, so we may break away from the crowd once we start riding. His name is David Vance, he works in the paint hospital. Look for us down there. I drive a green Tacoma 4x4 w/camper top hauling a yellow 400ex. He drives either a silver Tacoma 2wd or an older red Toyota 2wd pickup hauling a yellow 400ex. Also the other guy with us drives an older white Chevrolet hauling a blue Yamaha Wolverine. We are leaving Lexington around 8 Saturday morning, so we should be unloading down there around 9 or so.
I would say it is going to be packed down there, look out for the drunken mullet, lol !:D

Winged Warrior
04-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info! I work in paint 1 1st shift ED ,not sure if i know him but i have heard his name.I should be there arround 9 am also,the club meets at 10:30.I will be driving a 2wd black F150.Hope to see ya, hears a pic of my EX

04-11-2002, 08:09 PM
I will be there also. I will be going down saturday about 4:00 in the afternoon and camping and riding all day Sunday. How long is the toyota club going to be there. Hope to see you guys.:macho :blah :macho

spincr4hire
04-12-2002, 05:27 AM
Sounds good, I'll look for you down there:)
It looks like its going to be raining :mad:

Winged Warrior
04-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Let it rain it will keep the dust down:blah

04-12-2002, 08:35 PM
No joke in the summer time the dust will almost kill you. Are any of you guys camping down there. It will probley be a buy weekend down there it usally always is.

Winged Warrior
04-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Didnt see you guys there ,i was there from 8am to 5pm or so .Road with the club most of the day .Had a good time !

spincr4hire
04-15-2002, 06:16 AM
Hey winged,
My boys punked out. I know we should have came, it was pouring rain in Lexington before it was time for us to leave, so they decided we wouldn't go. I guess I should have came alone.
Did it rain much down there that morning ? It turned out to be a nice day. Was there a big crowd down there ?

Winged Warrior
04-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Stopped raining about 10,big croud,mostly bikes /quads !saw some wild stunts!the upper trail at the plaground,up the creek from the river there are some banks/hills about 20ft high ,the top half ,straight up with rocks and roots sticking out.couple of psycos one on a400 other 300ex climbing them,Wow!!!!made me sick to my stomach just watching.Later in the day we watched some jeeps/ quads climb the rock ledges on the right of the main drag ,Wow again!!another nut on a 400ex hitting them wide open. Maybe we can hookup next time.:D

spincr4hire
04-16-2002, 05:53 AM
Yeah Dude, sorry we didn't make it down there. We may head down next weekend. Do you ever go to MP Offroad ? That is our usual hangout.
Yeah, I've seen some real idiots down at Livingston. I haven't been down there since I bought my 400 so I'm looking forward to it, ( I had a 250x last time I was down there). We saw these 2 guys one time (both on Banshees with extended swingarms) climbing the hills as you first come into where all the sand is (where the trail first splits).We are talking straight up and down rock hills! They both had their girlfriends on the back, too..and of course not wearing helmets (didn't want to mess up their mullets :D) !!

Winged Warrior
04-16-2002, 05:44 PM
Havent been to MP [yet]

spincr4hire
04-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Have you ever ridden in Maysville (BigRockAtvPark) ?

Winged Warrior
04-18-2002, 06:08 PM
Nope havent made it there yet either ,dont get out much i guess,"family man";)

spincr4hire
04-22-2002, 06:08 AM
We went to Livingston yesterday (Sunday). We weren't down there 2 hours when Matt (also works at Toyota, rides a black/white Raptor) took a jump too far, landed the quad face first and broke his collar bone. We had to get some guy to drive his quad back down to the gas station, and then we took him to Lexington to the emergency room. It looked very painful. I think he was in shock too because he asked us what happened about 30 times.
Don't guess he'll be riding again anytime soon.

Winged Warrior
04-22-2002, 05:15 PM
Wow!that stinks.Where was the jump,was it the little double at the back of the open field on the left ?I was hitting that one about 3/4 in 3rd ,fun fun,kind of a hard landing.:(

04-22-2002, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear that. Have you guys ever seen the boy jump of that big rock jump. It's Right on the main trail as soon as you go up the hill there is always some nuts around there. He used to jump it on a 400 and now he has a cannondale. I will try to post a pic.
Or just check out www.Kyatv.com

cdalejef
04-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Last time I was down there, I was jumping off it on my bike. He rode up and jumped off it on his c'dale and almost bit it. He landed so hard his head hit the front bumper.:rolleyes:

spincr4hire
04-23-2002, 05:38 AM
No, It was past the one big jump you guys where talking about, you take a right there, then on up right before you get to the top of the hill where all the rock steps start. Its a pretty good jump but very easy to get too far forward on.

Yeah, there are a lot of idiots up there, most of them not wearing helmets, too.

waloud
04-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Me and a couple of buddies was there on Saturday. It was like a ghost town. I'm not complaining, it was great. We just started going there this summer so were still finding new places each time we visit. Good place to ride, especially when there isn't alot of idoit's riding around.

Winged Warrior
04-24-2002, 06:00 PM
saturday before last there were a couple hundred + at livingston.

waloud
04-24-2002, 09:32 PM
My buddy was up there that weekend and said it was really packed. I believe they got there around 9 that morning. When we pulled in last weekend we was really shocked. It rained on us from Louisville to the other side of Lexington.

05-05-2002, 08:00 AM
Hey jeff what gear do you hit that jump in. Do you have stock shocks?

cdalejef
05-05-2002, 03:36 PM
I only jump it on my bike, 3rd or 4th gear. I have Elka's on my 250R.