PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trading the R 4 a Z

jjthekj
09-15-2004, 02:44 AM
Been hanging onto it just to whoop up on the 450 guys. Getting too old to be the daring one. Break my heart to let 'er go. Not even sure I could. Guess I'm just seeing what kind of offers/reactions I get. I'm located 1/2 way between Chicago and Milwaukee.
I really like the Z. So I'm tempted....

http://members.aol.com/paylolli/250r3.jpg

xsr_racing28c
09-15-2004, 09:21 AM
pm me with a full spec list and will you consider a trade for a 2003 ski-doo rev 440??? i am located in wisconsin also , about 30 miles north of milwaukee

spudss
09-15-2004, 03:20 PM
How about a 2002 440EX very fast..

jjthekj
09-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Sorry boys. I already have an EX, and I'm not looking for a sled.

Houser +2 +1 a-arms
Houser stem
Leager '89 length swingarm
durablue axle / anti fade locknut
PEP limited mass rebuilt rear shock (170# A rider MX)
(Sorry sold the fronts)
PEP easy pull clutch lever
Fly bars - Pro Grips
FMF midrange pipe (also have a LRD rev pipe that's wicked)
FMF powercore silencer USFS approved (also have a PSI that's quiet)
All newer cables, fluids, brake pads etc. (last couple years)

Oh yeah!
The motor! It's LRD's '86 to '89 long rod conversion. That's what the original owner had Arlen Lehman do to it (I'm the 2nd). I sent it back there a couple years ago and had them do a bottom up rebuild. They "trued" the crank, installed all new Hinson comp. clutch, some new gears, rod, piston, cleaned up the already ported and polished top end, and they sent me back a ROCKET. (And a bill for $1700.00) I have a 3 page invoice stating everything they did. It still has room to bore before it exceeds ATVA specs. It produces just under 50HP now. Believe me, your 450 buddies have thousands to spend before they'll run with this R.

Since the rebuild it's only been out about 6 times. The first couple were easy going rides, just to properly break in the motor. About the 4th ride it went to the dunes, and spanked everything not burning alcohol/NOS. on the dragstrip. No chit! Dudes on their extended swingarm, built to the hilt Banshees were stopping at the end of the drag to throw me a "thumbs up" 'cause I just kicked their ***** on a MX quad with stock gearing! I guess the 5th time was when I went over the bars and broke some bones. 1 casual trail ride and the occasional rip around the block after that has been all the action it's seen. That's why I'm considering a trade.