PDA

View Full Version : 450r master cyl.

jeff1984
09-14-2004, 10:00 PM
i was at the track the other day and jeremy schell was there. i was checking out his bike and saw that he had a 450r master cylinder for his front brakes. he told me that it works way better than the stocker and you get rid of that spongy feeling. also he said it was so much better that the first time he got on the brakes he damn near went over the bars. i checked it out and it only cost about 75 bucks for every thing and i think thats a good price for awsome brakes.

Syrus
09-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Thats cause its a Honda product, they dont release there products till they work as well as they possibly can, i noticed that about honda, not bashing Yamaha, i like yami's too, both good co.

jeff1984
09-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Thats cause its a Honda product, they dont release there products till they work as well as they possibly can, i noticed that about honda, not bashing Yamaha, i like yami's too, both good co.

my brakes on my stock yfz work better than my brakes on my raced out 400ex ever worked. i dont know about all that talk about honda not releasing a product etc. because the rear linkage sucks on the 450r, both are awsome bikes but neither are perfect:)

daddio
09-16-2004, 09:57 AM
braided steel brake lines will also get rid of that "spongy" feel

Pappy
09-16-2004, 10:19 AM
the yfz and 450r both have adjustable front brake levers. a slight adjustment will usually get rid of that feeling. combined with ss lines the yfz brakes work fine.