View Full Version : testing water, F/S 250r frame, great for drag

quadrcr161
09-14-2004, 09:54 PM
ok guys im thinking of parting out one of my 250r's. right now it is torn apart and just a rolling frame since i blew a motor. i think it would be a pretty good drag set up with a little more parts. ok here is a little about it.

its an 87 stock 250r frame, never broken but it has been braced around the foot pegs. the whole time i have owned it, it has never raced MX, just a few TT's and ovals. the reason i braced it up around the foot pegs is b/c i broke the same spot on my 86 frame MX quad. it has been modified to hold the 88-89 style swing arms that i had at the time. it has Leager +1, +1 a-arms and tie rods, the bottom is PCed red and top are Pced chrome. it also has a -2 1/2 leagers swing arm PCed red. a fwe years ago a few pro's were trying to experiment with Afco type shocks to run TT and ovals. i was working at a race shop and was one of the biggest afco dealers in the area and i was trying them also. the shocks up front are the Afco alum bodied coilover adjustable shocks with quick change springs. the only bad thing is i had to drill the aarms, sway bar and frame to hold the 1/2 inch bolts that the were set up for. the rear was set up as a no linkage style with an alum braket on the top shock mount and is running the same type of shock. the shocks were $600 for them and the springs at my cost from the shop. thats pretty much the way it sits now. how much do you think i could get for it? i need to get some parts for my 450r.

250r frame, leagers a-arms. and swing arm, rands sway bar. afco shocks. also it can come with a stock steering stem, stock 89(?) spindals and hubs, SS brake lines, calipers and mastercylinder. rear master cylinder, SS brake line and calipers.

1988R
09-15-2004, 08:22 AM
are you seling all the parts as a whole or parting everything out?

quadrcr161
09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
pretty much selling as whole, but i have thought about keeping the swing arm since no drilling was dont to it. like i said in the post, the shock bolts and a-arms have been drilled to hold the 1/2 bolt that the shock housings carry. i regret doing it now but i guess thats experimenting. it worked great as an oval set up, you coul dreally jack weight around pretty quick. and it is really light which i though drag racers would be interested in.

what do you need? i have a ton od old R parts.

blu89ford
09-15-2004, 10:29 AM
pics? how much shipped to Pa??

quadrcr161
09-15-2004, 10:35 AM
i can try and get a few pics this weekend if im not in south AL cleaning up after the storm. im still not sure on the price, tryin to get an idea of what its worth.