PDA

View Full Version : Pro Circuit Exhaust Help!!

Bill Hancock
09-14-2004, 06:37 PM
I recently purchased a T-4 for my 400ex. Is it supposed to have a spacer and longer bolt to mount? Also, I heard that you do not use a clamp to install it to the headpipe. Is this true?

Someone please help

04EXdude
09-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. It is suppose to come with one 2" spacer and longer bolt for the top mount along with a couple washers. It doesn't use a clamp cause it uses an O-ring to seal it to the pipe.

vtwoodsrider
09-15-2004, 07:08 PM
what he said is true. but you can use your clamp if you want, you dont have to but if it make you feel better it fits with a lil rigging and keeps the flex down

cals400ex
09-16-2004, 02:07 AM
contact PC and they should fix you up with everything that should have came with the pipe.

Bill Hancock
09-16-2004, 07:06 AM
I called PC yesterday and they told me that they couldn't do anything for me. Can you believe that!! The gentleman I spoke to said that they only sell exhausts, not parts for them!! I tried my best to be polite and told him to go to #@?%!!! I think that I have the bolt and spacer problem solved, however, I think I need a new o ring for the silencer/header connection. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

cals400ex
09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
if you have a 99-02, the part # is: 18392-MK4-000

if you have a 03-present, the part # is: 18392-HN1-A20

you can get these from your local honda dealer or www.servicehonda.com

Bill Hancock
09-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Cals400ex, thanks for the response. The numbers you have listed are for the stock seal. I am looking for the o ring that goes inside the T4. Pro Circuit would not sell me one. I tried to reuse the stock seal you are referring to and I could get the silencer on the header. The gasket is too thick.

Florida400EX
09-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Do you race FTR motocross, or cross country?

Bill Hancock
09-16-2004, 07:38 PM
I race scrambles.

quad_62
09-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Pro circuit seems to have an attitude problem. if you have read their website about sponsorships, you'll know what i mean. if i had the $$$ i'd buy another pipe, and send mine to them in a box and tell them to stick it all up in there.

Bill Hancock
09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

quad_62
09-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Isn't it rediculous?

I have had good results with their pipe, but I thought it was all about taking care of the customers not: "we're too good for you unless you're jeremy mcgrath."

Now they have that little speech about sponsorshouse.com because the resumes are a paperwork nightmare...that may be true, but not everyone has $50 to spend on that, and wouldn't a pile of resumes be expected for a company that large?Not looking out for their customers very well, if you ask me.

cals400ex
09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
if this pipe is brand new, all of the supplies needed should have came with it. i don't think i would put up with that crap. also, if the pipe is a slip on, a stock exhaust gasket should work. you may have to slightly bend the end of the silencer where it goes over the header to get it started over the exhaust gasket. if that sentence made any sense. :huh

my buddy did this with his big gun. if you just don't use a gasket, it will leak there a little bit. if you look close to your stock pipe, it was a really really tight fit for that exhaust gasket too. well, mine and my buddies were anyways.

good luck

Bill Hancock
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks for all of your responses. My local Honda shop found a spacer and longer bolt for me. Also, surprisingly enough, the exhaust is not leaking at the header joint. If I had of bought this silencer new than I would have sent it back to Pro Circuit. Being a used exhaust, I thought that the best thing was to just figure it out myself.

Now that everything is said and done, I will never purchase another Pro Circuit product. To build a business one must provide superior customer service. Now that Pro Circuit is a giant in the exhaust industry, I think that they have forgotten who got them there.

vtwoodsrider
09-19-2004, 06:09 AM
if that pipe starts leaking use a lil high heat silicone. its red. that will work and if you need to take the silicone off use a lil gas.

GP400
09-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I have the same problem. I bought a slightly used Pro Circuit T-4 and header off Ebay. It has a slight leak between the where the muffler connects to the header. I had Pro Circuit fax me installation instructions which say nothing about a gasket, clamp or anything. Does the stock system use the exhaust gasket? I did not see one when I removed it.

By the way, this is a great site. lots of good information and knowledgeable people.

cals400ex
09-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by GP400
I have the same problem. I bought a slightly used Pro Circuit T-4 and header off Ebay. It has a slight leak between the where the muffler connects to the header. I had Pro Circuit fax me installation instructions which say nothing about a gasket, clamp or anything. Does the stock system use the exhaust gasket? I did not see one when I removed it.

By the way, this is a great site. lots of good information and knowledgeable people.

the stock system does use an exhaust gasket. i listed the part #'s earlier on page 1 of this thread.

GP400
09-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks. I figured the problem out. The o-ring inside the muffler is flat on one side and rounded on the other. The ring had rolled over to the flat side when it was removed from the header. I took the ring out, rolled it over to the rounded side & it seals perfectly to the Procircuit header. You have to look closely in the pipe to see the o-ring with all to soot.