PDA

View Full Version : My pickup got recovered...

wilkin250r
09-14-2004, 02:18 PM
...in Utah.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's a good 7 hour drive one way, so I'll have to spend the night if I drive, so I'm looking at ANOTHER few hundred bucks, along with the costs of replacing the contents. If I fly, it becomes even more expensive.

So, I may be in Utah very soon, anybody want to go riding?

Tommy 17
09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
how did they find it???:huh

I-7
09-14-2004, 02:35 PM
They were headed to mexico and the truck ran out of gas in the middle of the desert so they hitched a ride from a trucker :confused:

wilkin250r
09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure of the exact details, I'm finding that out right now. All I know is that it was recovered by the Utah Highway Patrol, and it is at a tow yard right now.

From the details I got, there was no mention of an arrest, so I assume it was abandoned. No word on whether it still runs or not.

So some jerk-off wanted to get to Utah, and stole my car, forcing me to replace hundreds of dollars-worth of textbooks, now forcing me to spend another hundred or so retrieving it, all to save a $58 bus ticket. :mad:

Quad18star
09-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm not sure of the exact details, I'm finding that out right now. All I know is that it was recovered by the Utah Highway Patrol, and it is at a tow yard right now.

From the details I got, there was no mention of an arrest, so I assume it was abandoned. No word on whether it still runs or not.

So some jerk-off wanted to get to Utah, and stole my car, forcing me to replace hundreds of dollars-worth of textbooks, now forcing me to spend another hundred or so retrieving it, all to save a $58 bus ticket. :mad: Maybe you got lucky and they left your text books .... you never know . I know when I ahd my car broken into , all they took was some money that was in the glovebox and left all my college books , all my CDs ( probably a few hundred dollars worth) . Oh they also took my cheap 10$ sunglasses !!!!

400grl
09-14-2004, 05:45 PM
I hear you!! When they recovered my Blazer two months after it was stolen, I had to drive about 5 hours to get it out of some tow yard in BFE!!!! And I had to pay to get it out.......it DID however, have a new transmission, different wheels and a full tank of gas!!! They pulled out about 15 illegal aliens when they stopped it for stolen plates and shipped them home.......

We sold it pretty quick after that - it was just never the same.....the inside stunk so bad and we could never get it clean again......

Theives really made me :mad: :macho

remlapr
09-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I hear you!! When they recovered my Blazer two months after it was stolen, I had to drive about 5 hours to get it out of some tow yard in BFE!!!! And I had to pay to get it out.......it DID however, have a new transmission, different wheels and a full tank of gas!!! They pulled out about 15 illegal aliens when they stopped it for stolen plates and shipped them home.......

We sold it pretty quick after that - it was just never the same.....the inside stunk so bad and we could never get it clean again......

LOL - so they put a new tranny and aftermarket wheels on it for you, that's awesome. Never heard of someone getting their car back and it being it better shape then when it got stolen, except for the smell I guess :huh

LTZ400rider
09-14-2004, 06:33 PM

lmao mexicans cant leave nothin alone. new tranny lmao, the wheels didnt happen to be dayton 100 spokes? what about some hyrdraulics? they probaly siphoned that gas too

crday98
09-14-2004, 07:37 PM

those damn stinky mexicans:grr: it probably stank so bad because they used it for transportation from the sweat shop and didn't even shower at the end of their shift.:devil:

400grl
09-14-2004, 07:57 PM
The wheels weren't as nice as the ones that were on it when it got stolen.......but they weren't too bad! The cops said that our Blazer had probably been across the desert to Mexico and back 10 or 12 times....it was pretty beat up. And all the tools/baby stuff and back seat that had been in it were long gone.......even the steering wheel was replacd (we had a nice custom one on it)......

Oh well.......we got it back, and were able to sell it.....so....it wasn't a total loss! :) I feel very lucky.......

wilkin250r
09-16-2004, 02:39 PM
The towing and impound charges are looking pretty expensive, I might just leave it...

Quad18star
09-16-2004, 02:55 PM
The towing and impound charges are looking pretty expensive, I might just leave it... Thats sometimes the best bet . Just go there and maybe get your books or anything else that might be of personal value . I know when my buddy got in a fender bender with his car ( it happened just down the street from his palce) he told the cop he'd get his dad to come tow it home for him . The cop refused and had it towed to the impound .... fee's for towing and impound for the day were like $300 . We went there and got the most important stuff out of the car and left it there .... important stuff being the Keg we had in it for the party we were having that night :devil:

wilkin250r
09-16-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the books are long gone, and anything else isn't worth the 8-hr drive to fetch.

I figure I'll talk to the owner of the impound yard, and see if he'll cut me a deal on the charges. If he gives me a good deal, I'll go get them. If not, I'll just forget the whole thing. The truck is only worth about $500 at most, I'm not going to spend $600 to go get it.

zephead400ex
09-16-2004, 03:30 PM
...in Utah.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's a good 7 hour drive one way, so I'll have to spend the night if I drive, so I'm looking at ANOTHER few hundred bucks, along with the costs of replacing the contents. If I fly, it becomes even more expensive.

So, I may be in Utah very soon, anybody want to go riding?

Some polygimist needed a way to tote all his illigitamite kids around and get new text books at the same time....damn Polygamy anyway:devil: