PDA

View Full Version : Knobs better in sand?

300extasy
09-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Last weekend I went to Silver Lake sand dunes with my bro. He has a stock 250x running some near bald dunlops and I have a 300ex and was running sand sharks. I could beat him off the line, that was it. He would go faster up hills and we could run the same speed everywhere else. I figured it was a weight difference issue (I got about 60lbs on him) so we switched. I couldn't believe it, hill climbs were a ton easier. I guess my thought or question is, due to the fact that paddles do take a lot of motor to turn, is it counter productive on a machine that is under powered for the size of the rider? Would I be better off running my Holeshots in the sand? Should I sell my paddles for some down payment money on a new quad?:confused:

Sm0k3d
09-14-2004, 04:01 PM
All depends, if your getting paddles that are TOO much for your quad it will take away from your motor performance, the reason its easier to climb hills on his probably is because the tires can spin faster than yours can.

bigbadktm
09-15-2004, 10:21 AM
try putting more air in your paddles, that should release some stick to the sand. see how that works before selling them

StuntMentD4
09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by 300extasy
Last weekend I went to Silver Lake sand dunes with my bro. He has a stock 250x running some near bald dunlops and I have a 300ex and was running sand sharks. I could beat him off the line, that was it. He would go faster up hills and we could run the same speed everywhere else. I figured it was a weight difference issue (I got about 60lbs on him) so we switched. I couldn't believe it, hill climbs were a ton easier. I guess my thought or question is, due to the fact that paddles do take a lot of motor to turn, is it counter productive on a machine that is under powered for the size of the rider? Would I be better off running my Holeshots in the sand? Should I sell my paddles for some down payment money on a new quad?:confused:

its the same for me i just got ne hd's n was hooked so i didnt put on my pattles for a while n they did great exatilly like my pattles but i will still run pattles cuz i like the look:huh

300extasy
09-17-2004, 05:06 PM
I am selling the quad and buying a new Suzuki Eiger 4x4. I noticed that is also has the same bolt pattern as my 300ex, has anyone ever run paddles on a utility quad?

06-09-2005, 09:42 AM
yes my dads sportsman 500