PDA

View Full Version : Humboldt Hills Fall Classic Sept 17,18,19

humboldt hills
09-14-2004, 05:25 AM
Humboldt Hills Motorcycle Club
2nd Annual Fall Classic Weekend
September 17, 18,19
Humboldt Hills will be running a 2-day racing event for atvs and dirtbikes.

Saturday September 18th
There will be a MotocrossGP. Which will consist of 1/2 hour motos for mini-riders and 1 hour motos for big bikes and atvs. Participants will be routed through a 1/2 mile of motocross track, 3/4 mile of grass track and 1/2 mile of wooded trails. This is a new form of racing that will attract riders from all different racing genres as cross country and motocross collide.

Sunday September 19th
Rd 6 of the Southern Ohio Cross Country Series
The SOCCS finally makes its way back to Humboldt and record turnout is expected. With only 2 stops remaining in the series, many class champions could be determined in RD 6.

Admission is $10 for the entire weekend / children 10 and under are free
Early bird gates open Friday the 17th at noon
Free primitive camping
Free outdoor movie on Friday and Saturday
Visit www.humboldthills.com for all the details or call 740-634-3789

Jay Wile
jwile@earthlink.net

humboldt hills
09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
We have made some changes to the track. We added a Double to Double jumps.
The new parking field is done, so no parking issues for another cpl years.
Harescramble on sunday will be close to 5 miles long, but if we get a ton of rain I will have to modify it because it has all the hillclimbs in it.
We are set to go rain or shine. Come out and join us early friday.
We are going to show last years race on the big screen saturday night at dark.
Hope for some rain to help with the dust.

atvchik
09-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Did you throw some of the mx track in the harescramble?

humboldt hills
09-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by atvchik
Did you throw some of the mx track in the harescramble?

Yeah the whole track is in the Harescramble, just hits it at different times.

popo
09-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Jay,

Is this a rain or shine event? I know a couple racers making at least a 4 hr drive down to you.

09-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Team Kymco might show up!!!! LOL

atvchik
09-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Team Kymco might show up!!!! LOL

You racing a Mongoose now????:blah:

09-14-2004, 08:33 PM
You racing a Mongoose now????:blah:
MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!

humboldt hills
09-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by popo
Jay,

Is this a rain or shine event? I know a couple racers making at least a 4 hr drive down to you.

Yes, rain or shine.
We have plenty of gravel down now.
Ofcourse if we get 4 inches of rain and there is a bunch of lightning, you might call first, but I don't see that happening.

gncc35
09-16-2004, 09:19 AM
who all will be there sunday?

atvchik
09-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Big Al (Scott) will be racing Sunday.
I'm pretty sure Jason Moore will be there since there's a close battle for the Pro lead with Brad.

humboldt hills
09-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by gncc35

Everybody and there brother!

atvchik
09-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Is this Glen?
Bring your wife to the race so we can hang:)

240GNCC400
09-16-2004, 10:17 PM
nathan,

what happened at KY? and i saw another delabar in the results. any relation?

see everybody at the race sunday

Scott Kawi700
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 240GNCC400
nathan,

see everybody at the race sunday \

The guy is just a quad killer, that's what happened. If he rides it, it dies!!!!!!!:blah: :devil: :blah:

gncc35
09-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Is this Glen?
Bring your wife to the race so we can hang:) Yes it is me. But I doubt that Rachael will come especially if the weather is bad. But I should be there for sure.

gncc35
09-17-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by 240GNCC400
nathan,

see everybody at the race sunday That was nathan's brother john. He rode the yfz and nate rode his old 400ex.

humboldt hills
09-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Yes it is me. But I doubt that Rachael will come especially if the weather is bad. But I should be there for sure.

The weather looks awesome. 1/2" to an inch today, which is friday, just enough to keep the dust down, then 74 and mostly sunny on saturday and sunday. The mountain has never looked better. Come see all the changes. The track will be in perfect shape for the GP. I am going to disc and grade all evening.
Man I am getting excited. This will be the best weekend of the year for all of us at the club. Its 10:30am on friday and there is already people showing up. Don't miss this one.
See you soon
Jay

humboldt hills
09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
All the results are up from the Fall Classic.
Go to www.humboldthills.com
I had a great time as always. Thanks for all the smiles and positive feedback.
What did you think about the course?
Was it to extreme or just right?
We will be starting open practice again on October1,2,3.
I will get the points and pics up ASAP. I just had a run in with a tree today and can't type with my left hand right now, so I am going to ice and get some rest by the tube. I'll get on them tomorrow.
Thanks
Jay

atvchik
09-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Hope your hand is better today~

The track was really fun!!
I was sooo happy that long/steep slick hill was thrown out.

I did spend an entire lap trying to get my bumper/fender unhooked from a tree though.

Then about 50 ft after that I had to do a double/triple take at the hill I had to go down. I watched a couple bikes slide down it before I gave it a shot and it wasn't as bad as it looked.
I saw somebody had rolled on the other side going up.

Huge thanks to ALL the club members that were out there.
I've never seen so many on the track watching out for us.
They were everywhere you looked.

Things are really coming along out there!
Keep up the good work

gncc35
09-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Track was perfect. Had a good mix of everything. I also like the fact that you ran close to two hours. Nothing worse than driving a couple of hours to only race an hour or less.

240GNCC400
09-21-2004, 12:31 PM
track was good. its nice to get out to a local track and be able to run 5 mile laps. for a new series you guys are doing a great job of putting together good tracks and making a fun atmosphere.

Scott Kawi700
09-21-2004, 09:17 PM
As usual you guys did a great job.:macho You always seem to outdo yourselves everytime.

I heard rumors that the series might be adding some more tracks and dates next year!!! that would be awesome:macho :D :macho

humboldt hills
09-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Scott Kawi700
As usual you guys did a great job.:macho You always seem to outdo yourselves everytime.

I heard rumors that the series might be adding some more tracks and dates next year!!! that would be awesome:macho :D :macho

I think we have atleast 2 more locations and working on a third. One of the chillicothe enduro riders has a place to run one and I think I have Happy Hollow in for one.
My plan is to have
3 at HHMC
2 at Uncle Bills
1 at each new location
for a total of eight races at 5 different locations.
I will keep everyone updated.
By the way I had several people tell me they heard that there wasn't going to be an SOCCS in 2005. I don't know how that rumor got started, but it couldn't be farthur from the truth. We are here to stay, thanks to all of you peeps supporting the cause.
Thank you all.
Jay

atvchik
09-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I didn't hear any rumors about that~
I might start some about a womens class though so maybe some will come out there;)
I forgot to tell ya that your new parking area turned out nice with the loop and all.

Scott Kawi700
09-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I gotta agree with the "chik" on the parking.:D

Jay, Any word on Mike? If you have any info on where we could send a card that would be great. Got to know him and his family from the series and they are great people.

humboldt hills
09-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Scott Kawi700
I gotta agree with the "chik" on the parking.:D

Jay, Any word on Mike? If you have any info on where we could send a card that would be great. Got to know him and his family from the series and they are great people.

Mike got lucky, so to speak, he ended up with a broken ankle.
I am trying to find out his address. The lifesquad said his mom didn't know he had a quad until the hospital called. Thats not the best way to find out.

humboldt hills
09-23-2004, 08:06 AM
hey Points are updated. Lots of changes. Zach Ray has ckinched the 250 class. All the other classes will come down to the final race of the season.
I have put some info up about the banquet. Check it out and give me some feedback.
Later
Jay

Scott Kawi700
09-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by humboldt hills
hey Points are updated. Lots of changes. Zach Ray has ckinched the 250 class. All the other classes will come down to the final race of the season.
I have put some info up about the banquet. Check it out and give me some feedback.
Later
Jay

We have meet his mom and sister at the races before, so I'd say she knew he had a quad.:devil:
I think the EMTs might have misunderstood. We talked to his dad earlier that day and he said Mikes mom and sister had to go to the air show in Mcarthur for another commitment or they would have been there.

As for the banquet, glad you didn't pick the first weekend in Dec., that is the same date as the GNCC quad banquet and the last day of deer season. :eek2: :p

humboldt hills
09-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I thought I had seen his mom before. I'd say they did misunderstand.
As for the Banquet, I want to make sure we set a good date. I just have alot of people wanting to do it soon. It is going to take some time to put it all together the right way. I want to make everyone feel special, which they are to me, and try and do a little more then what you might expect. Plus I am going to try and get next years season together throughout November.
As usual I am always open to suggestions.

humboldt hills
10-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Go to www.humboldthills.com and look for the link.
Thanks
Jay

atl855
12-14-2004, 03:35 AM
just wondering when you are going to have the schedule up
thanks

humboldt hills
12-14-2004, 06:44 AM
We are finishing up a few details. Right now we are having 2 races at each of 3 different locations. Humboldt Hills, Uncle Bills and Happy Hollow. 3 in the spring and 3 in the fall. Trying to set them up 2 weeks apart from each other. At the very latest january 8th, 2005. But probably sooner.
Thanks
Jay

trict_out
12-18-2004, 11:39 AM
jay i remember at the outlaw and independence u guys were recordin the race is there any chance your gonna put out a dvd or somethin anytime soon?

humboldt hills
12-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Maybe someday,
Definately not any time soon.
The DVD I did of 1 race from 2003 took about 1000 hours to make. I have not even began looking at the footage from 2004, which amounts to about 30 hours of video to be edited down.
I don't see me having the extra time to do it this year. But who knows I may get the urge to do it.

atl855
12-19-2004, 08:53 PM
do you have any more 2003 dvd's left? if so how much

humboldt hills
12-20-2004, 06:24 PM
We sold out at the last race, but I am going to make more. Email me at jwile@earthlink.net to hold one for you and I will let you know when we get them.
Oh yeah
they are $20

atl855
01-25-2005, 07:56 PM
just wondering if there is a rule for top finishers in a class for the season to run the next class up like in ama rules

humboldt hills
01-26-2005, 04:29 AM
We are outlaw, and believe the less rules equals more fun.
You sign up and race the class you want. But the right thing to do would be move up from the novice classes. Give the newbies a chance to shine.