PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Cannibal

330Man
04-09-2002, 01:58 PM
Do you guys know anywhere I can get a Cannibal for a good price?

330exracer
04-09-2002, 02:55 PM
u could get crackfishes well if it even exists.

330Man
04-09-2002, 04:45 PM
:D

AlaskaSpeed
04-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
I dont know why you would want to buy one of those, you better watch out, cannondale is recalling alot of those quads because the tie rod breaks real easy and alot of riders a gettting busted up real bad. I also heard that the engine is blowing up real easy, only after a couple of rides.I dont mean to talk sh*t but i just wanted to let you know what was up with those machines. They are expenisive and you dont want to get burned

Posting info like this is pure BS. Where do you get your info? Probably the same place I read that you sleep with sheep.........JIM

Sleeping Catfish
04-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX

Posting info like this is pure BS. Where do you get your info? Probably the same place I read that you sleep with sheep.........JIM

he is living in the past talking about the early fx400s, look at his post count.

400exdad
04-09-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish

he is living in the past talking about the early fx400s, look at his post count.

I believe he may be talking about the early Cdales too, however, the number of post counts has nothing to do with the knowledge someone holds. They might not have to get on here and continually defend themselves. :D

04-09-2002, 08:47 PM
actually, iv heard of c-dales, blowin up, and that steerin prob, thats why c-dales dint run at orville last year

330exracer
04-10-2002, 01:10 PM
yes last year cause they were fx400 not a cannonbal or whatvever.

Sparky416ex
04-10-2002, 08:43 PM
C-dales are great machines. You can judge it unless you have wrode or owned one. They are gonna woopsome butt in pro stadium this year. That what i think. Read the article in D-wheels

04-10-2002, 08:47 PM
yea, mags say good things about quads so the companies help em out

86atc250r
04-10-2002, 09:52 PM
I guess the mags are making up race results?

AlaskaSpeed
04-11-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
I guess the mags are making up race results?

ONLY when it concerns Cannondales.............:D I was reading through the Nac's Racing team and see quite a few of them are running Cannondale's this season. Sure, they are getting lots of backing from Cannondale, but they still have a reputation to keep, right? JIM

Derno24
04-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Cannondale has made a ton of improvements I have been riding with 2 guys one has the cannibal the other the speed. They have had 1 problem. The cannibal was seeping anti-freeze from the head. He took the quad back on a monday they had it back for friday.

Sparky416ex
04-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Im pretty proud of cannondale they are a brand new comany to the sport of atv-ing, and of course they are gonna have some flaws just like xbox. Yamaha has been making ATV's and d-bikes for years...was the craptor perfect the first time? NO, and they are also the only comany that has the balls to run a factory race team.

Castor-426ex
04-14-2002, 11:52 PM
I dont know that much about their reliability issues, but I have roda a few..one of the early fx 400s and I have rode the cannibal and speed.....All I can say is this..pretty damn fast....and pretty damn trick....I think That Cannondale is really showing what technology can do for Atv'ing......Lets see if Honda can get it in gear and put it to comin out with a big bore!!!

04-29-2002, 06:04 PM
My friend purchased a Cannibal prior to our trip to Gordons Well sand dunes for New Years, the weekend before he broke it in and was very excited about it. We went down the next weekend and raced up Test Hill, I have a 400ex, and it stomped all over me until... it died. We hauled it back to camp and went through it and couldn't get running. As it turned out, when the engine starts and you let off the start button, there is a "backfire" of electricity that goes through the system and fries the computer. He took it to the dealer and they told him it was fixed but it has happened twice since, so he is taking it to Ricky Stator to fix it. He found the solution when working on an early FX400 and all it needed was a diode to keep the current from reaching the computer. Cannondale asked him what he wanted in return for the solution and he asked for a mountain bike....he never got it so he packed up a rusty bicycle and shipped it to them with here's your bike back. And as you can see, the problem has not been fixed with the newer Cannondales.

Derno24
04-29-2002, 08:41 PM
I don't know about that, but my cannibal has been fine for the past month and a half. I had one small problem. It leaked anti-freeze from the head, a bad gasket. They fixed the problem within a week so I didn't miss any riding time. I have had it out running hare scrambles and it was ok.

Sleeping Catfish
04-29-2002, 08:54 PM
mine leaks antifreeze too. it backfires a lot and cdale gave me the ec500(only a few 2002s got this). i would not get a cdale if i did it over.

Derno24
04-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Backfiring is probably from a fouled plug mine does it occasionally until I clean the plug then it is fine. It is also a bear to get warmed after it has been sitting. You wouldn't think so with the fuel injection.

Derno24
04-29-2002, 09:07 PM
I would not get rid of this quad though it has taken everything I have dished out and laughed. I am looking into getting some new maps for the speed set-up, higher rpm and different map. I am waiting to do this until I get an exhaust. I heard map and exhaust will add 5 hp

04-29-2002, 11:49 PM
Have any of you had the stock steel exhaust come apart on you? My friend who had the eletrical problem's did, they replaced it, but he is going to go aftermarket.

Derno24
04-30-2002, 01:16 PM
no I have not had that problem, but I figured on going aftermarket anyway.

Taco
04-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
My friend purchased a Cannibal prior to our trip to Gordons Well sand dunes for New Years, the weekend before he broke it in and was very excited about it. We went down the next weekend and raced up Test Hill, I have a 400ex, and it stomped all over me until... it died. We hauled it back to camp and went through it and couldn't get running. As it turned out, when the engine starts and you let off the start button, there is a "backfire" of electricity that goes through the system and fries the computer. He took it to the dealer and they told him it was fixed but it has happened twice since, so he is taking it to Ricky Stator to fix it. He found the solution when working on an early FX400 and all it needed was a diode to keep the current from reaching the computer. Cannondale asked him what he wanted in return for the solution and he asked for a mountain bike....he never got it so he packed up a rusty bicycle and shipped it to them with here's your bike back. And as you can see, the problem has not been fixed with the newer Cannondales.

http://www.cannondale.com/motorsports/tech/pdf/SBA01_11.pdf