PDA

View Full Version : Heat

Tmac23
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
The header pipe on my YFZ gets extemely hot. I would like to do something to limit this problem. I have heard of people using header tape and was thinking about trying it. Will this tape cause any problems? How much will it cost and where would I find it? I am open to other suggestions so please let me know
thanks for the info

EvilJester400EX
09-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Ceramic coating the header would produce better results than header tape. I think ceramic coating is about $100, I think, I'm not too sure.

chad cavagnaro
09-14-2004, 05:20 PM
just curious, not trying to slam on you; why are you woried about the heat coming from your header pipe. they just are hot, and unless you are riding in shorts instead of riding pants and boots, the heat should be irrelevant. like i said, just curious.:confused:

shep
09-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Tmac23
The header pipe on my YFZ gets extemely hot. I would like to do something to limit this problem. I have heard of people using header tape and was thinking about trying it. Will this tape cause any problems? How much will it cost and where would I find it? I am open to other suggestions so please let me know
thanks for the info try going up on at least the pilot jet...the pipe should only be turning red at idle or just above. then change your anty- freeze to engine ice it works great and costs about $17.00 the pilot jet is about $5.00.......Ihave had 2 YFZs just got an 05 I race GNCC and MHSC.....these will not cure the prob but do help:cool:

Tmac23
09-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I am aware that the header pipe is supposed to be hot. Due to the way the header on the YFZ bends out close to where your right leg is you feel alot of that heat. I ride with jeans and boots on and still get uncomfortably hot. The stock heat shield is not very helpful.

4TraxRider
09-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Try putting some heat tape around or behind the heat sheild?:confused: