PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a used 300EX, gotta few ???

Stock98EX
04-09-2002, 01:27 PM
My buddy just bought a new 400Ex and needed to seel his 1998 300EX. I shot him an off the wall low price and he took it. I know he didnt exactly take care of his stuff and the bike was rode pretty hard. But for $200 I couldnt pass it up. It needs a few things to get it in top shape again but, I still think it was a good deal (Check my ad in the classifieds). Anyway to me question. Since it has been rode and probably hasnt had that much maintnance done to it. What are some things I need to look at or check to see if everything is in operating order before I start riding it? It starts and runs like a champ so I think its in decent shape, just wanting to go over the basic maintnace needs.

I bought it mainly just to ride in the trails and to take it out hunting. My DS BAJA isnt exactly made for that. Glad I stumbled on to this site. Very informative and a lot of good tech advice. Thanks.

2k2-300exnj
04-09-2002, 01:39 PM
check chain tension, oil, valves, tire pressure, stuff like that

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 06:54 PM
Yeah i would change the oil,,listen to see if the valves are ticking, and all that other stuff
You paid $200 for it?? man i know I guy who just paid $300 for his 300EX. Where do you guys find deals like this. i would love to get a deal like that!!!!!