View Full Version : Anyone Lose Their Brakes?

900rracer
09-13-2004, 06:59 PM
I was going down a steep hill yesterday on my 450R using front and rear brakes when I got to the bottom I had no pedal for the rear brakes. It wasn't even spongy, it just went all the way down. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? I checked my lines, master cylinder, and the bleeder with no evidence of a leak. I even tore the caliper apart and tried to re-bleed the system. I am having a hard time getting any pedal while bleeding. Any suggestions?

09-13-2004, 07:08 PM
When I rebuilt the calipers on my 250R I had a hell of a time getting them to pump up. You need to power bleed them. If you don't have a power bleeder, you a least need a compressor. You can buy an attachment that is like a blow nozzle that has a hose coming off of it like a pressure cleaner has to suck up cleanig solution. You open the bleeder and up the hose that sucks up the degreaser or whatever and push the button. It will suck the fluid through the system and blow it out of the nozzle of course. Just put a few rags in a bucket and squirt it in there, That wat it won't splash up. It made it a lot better but not perfect. Then over time the pedal got better. Hope this helps.

WhiteZee
09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
i would just take it in for warrenty if its still good.

900rracer
09-14-2004, 07:29 PM
I bent the rotor and the pads and caliper only made contact at certain points. I have to install a new rotor, but having trouble getting the axle nut off the axle. I got the locking ring off the axle, but can't get the nut assembly to slide off.