PDA

View Full Version : BAD grinding noise, Please Help

ignormity
09-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Alright, i start riding off today and its fine. About an hour into my riding, i start hearing a grinding when i start. When im stopped, and and slowly realease the clutch, ill start to roll forward like normal. but right when the clutch is about to disengage it will grind for a SPLIT second. Then ill start going like normal. Didn't happen before. I can only hear it in first gear but its loud enough to notice.
Help me please.

-Joe

ewalker302
09-15-2004, 02:40 AM
When you say "grinding" do you mean like a sandpaper or gritty sound, or a metal-metal grinding sound??

I would pull the cover and check out the clutch plates first.

When you drain the oil, run it through some cheezecloth, & see if you find anything.

:bandit:

PunkA$$
09-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Mine does that too after I've been riding for a while, but only if it's gettin' really muddy. After I get it washed up and the chain re-lubed it stops, till the next time I go muddin'!

ignormity
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
i realized that my front sprocket is completely shot and the peeps i go riding said that it could be the problem. The ex runs like a champ so i didnt think it was mechnical. I'm going to get a new front sprocket. Thanks

-Joe

cals400ex
09-16-2004, 02:11 AM
sometimes the clutch will feel shakey after it is warmed up when the bike is due for an oil change. change the oil and see. yes, change the sprocket if it needs that.