PDA

View Full Version : Why Won"t Anybody Buy It?

MXRACER86
09-13-2004, 01:20 PM
I have a 2001 FULL MX Banshee for sale and it is in excellent condition, it has all the best parts on it and no one has even looked at it yet. Too much to list!!!!!!!!!!! Asking $5000

sickmojave
09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Too much to list!!!!!!!!!!! Asking $5000

if you're asking $5000. for a 3 year old Banshee I think you need to go ahead and make that list. ;)

muff
09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
there can be plenty of reasons, might seen kind of blunt to you but this is how it is

1. not many people would want a banshee for mx, especially because they can pick up a used stock 450 for only a little more $, and be better off in the long run
2. price
3. you say to much to list. each post can contain a lot more characters than any quad could have. so take the time and list the mods.
4. also "all the best parts" and "too much to list" can be very unacurate and I know when i see something like that it reminds me of kids selling a quad with mx tires and works shocks...

thats just my take on it. dont forget to add all the important stuff. aka first owner, title, bill of sale, etc.

Rico
09-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Banshee's are a lost cause with all the new quads out now a days. You'll probably have to dang near give the thing away to get rid of it. Good luck

MXRACER86
09-13-2004, 01:54 PM
It's got lonestar +2,+1 a-arms, lonestar -1 swingarm, elka suspension front and rear, durablue axel and locknut, lonestar axel carrier, rear beadlock rims, front reinforced rims, tag handlebars, DG, skidplate, nerf bars and bumper, kenda klaw tires, FMF fatty pipes, Trinity 2 into 1 carb, cool head, 19cc domes, duncan reeds, tether cord, bored .20 over, wiseco pro lite pistions, quad is in excellent condition. Asking $5000

XANDADA
09-13-2004, 02:10 PM
It would probably do better in the "for sale section" rather than the "powertrain section" too. Good luck selling it...;)

MXRACER86
09-13-2004, 02:13 PM
I have it in the "for sale" section, Thanks anyway

cletusEX
09-13-2004, 02:15 PM
My buddy had a fully built Trinity motored mx Banshee that he ended up having to pretty much give away. The only stock part was the powdercoated frame and I think he got like $3500 for it. He just got tired of it sitting around and never used it.

JDiablo
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Banshee's are a lost cause with all the new quads out now a days. You'll probably have to dang near give the thing away to get rid of it. Good luck

rico what happened?you had to rejoin?:confused:

wilkin250r
09-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Well, you've got a basic list of modifications, but it all kind of runs together. Also, you don't have any pictures.

So let me get this straight. You want somebody to fork over $5000 for you quad, but you can't take 20 minutes out of your busy life to take some pictures and write a decent ad?

Besides that, just as suggested here, you had better have on bad-*** banshee to sell for 5 grand. Sure, you might have lots of money into it, but that's not what determines the selling price of a quad. The final price is determined by what somebody ELSE is willing to pay for it, and quite frankly, nobody really cares about the banshees anymore. Sure, they have a fast motor, but they suck for MX. The only thing banshees are good for is the sand, and you don't have a whole lot of dunes in New York to create a demand for dune machines. So the only people willing to buy the banshees are here on the west coast, and nobody is going to pay $5 grand based on a crappy "Too many mods to list" ad...

MXRACER86
09-13-2004, 03:51 PM
They don't suck for mx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just that some people can't ride two strokes good. I am willing to go as low as $4000.

AtvMxRider
09-13-2004, 05:34 PM
They don't suck for mx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just that some people can't ride two strokes good. I am willing to go as low as $4000. Go to any track and count on one hand the 2 strokes you see now a days and you will have enough fingers left over to count how many Banshees you see out there.

cletusEX
09-13-2004, 06:13 PM
They don't suck for mx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just that some people can't ride two strokes good. I am willing to go as low as $4000.

Banshee's just are not good for mx. The geometry of the frame wears you out. It has nothing to do with it being a 2 stroke, it just doesn't handle as well as newer quads. There are still plenty of 250r's out there tearing it up. As for the mods you have, your never going to get out of a bike what your put in. There are plenty of decked out quads going for a lot less than the owner had in them.

frosti108
09-13-2004, 06:17 PM
yea im pretty sure i can go out and find a brand new banshee for 5 grand or less

Out_Sider
09-13-2004, 07:08 PM
rip off price dude.. you said you'd go as low as 4? shooot.. i'd give it 3 grand tops.. banshee's are what you call.. uh useless? drag and sand

Gordons Well
09-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Duncan Racing just "WON" the 2004 Maxxis 12 Hours of Pont de Vaux, France on a Banshee.
Just my 2 cents.:)

K_Fulk
09-14-2004, 08:13 AM

If its so good why are you selling it?

sickmojave
09-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Gordons Well
Duncan Racing just "WON" the 2004 Maxxis 12 Hours of Pont de Vaux, France on a Banshee.

and have you ever noticed that the only quad you ever see going up Pikes Peak is a banshee.

wilkin250r
09-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, banshees have their place. But that place is sand and hillshooting, not MX. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a 2-stroke. The powerband is too narrow and peaky for MX, and the frame geometry isn't near as good as a 250r or newer 4-stroke.

The banshee is very fast, very peaky, powerful motor in a heavy, boxy frame with lousy geometry for abusive suspension. The exact opposite of what you want for MX. Suspension wins over motor any day in MX. And any power you do have needs to be smooth in order for you to get it to the ground in the limited time that you are on the ground. The banshee is contrary to every single aspect you need for MX.

Perfect dune machine, perfect hillshooter, lousy for motocross.

Pappy
09-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Don't get me wrong, banshees have their place. But that place is sand and hillshooting, not MX. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a 2-stroke. The powerband is too narrow and peaky for MX, and the frame geometry isn't near as good as a 250r or newer 4-stroke.

The banshee is very fast, very peaky, powerful motor in a heavy, boxy frame with lousy geometry for abusive suspension. The exact opposite of what you want for MX. Suspension wins over motor any day in MX. And any power you do have needs to be smooth in order for you to get it to the ground in the limited time that you are on the ground. The banshee is contrary to every single aspect you need for MX.

Perfect dune machine, perfect hillshooter, lousy for motocross.

man you spent all that time trying to say its a 400 pound POS for mx

300ex13
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
i hope you get it sold...but i think noone will look at it cuz its a 2-stroke and noone wants to mess with them much anymore...but thats just me

cletusEX
09-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Gordons Well

I'm pretty sure their Banshee uses 250r geometry.

Antnee77
09-14-2004, 04:07 PM
I think you're mainly in the wrong place to sell a Banshee. This forum is made up of mostly Banshee-haters, and those that do like Banshees on these forums are not necessarily in the market for one. I personally like them because they are exremely fast, but I am not looking to buy one.

Tom TRX250R
09-14-2004, 04:09 PM
hope you get it sold...but i think noone will look at it cuz its a 2-stroke and noone wants to mess with them much anymore...but thats just me

It has nothing to do with it being a 2 stroke because my 250R will compete with any 4 stroke any day on the track but like stated before the frame geometry is not set up for mx. They will always have their place in the sand and drag strips but IMO that is their only strong point. I would never set one up for MX.

ewalker302
09-15-2004, 02:13 AM
If you have to sell it right now, then you are probably out of luck.

If you have some time you can probably get close to what you are asking for it. I know there are ppl out there that won't have any thing other than a shee, and if you have put that much into it, you just need to find the right buyer with experience who will appreciate the mods you have made.

My suggestion is to run it in all the local papers, and "Buyers Guides"---- Like the free ad papers, and keep it in there.

A lot of ppl wont even consider a quad (especially a 2-stroke) unless they can see/ride it first.

You will get a good bit more interest/money in spring or early summer.

:bandit:

speedy
09-15-2004, 03:04 AM
thats true man cause i have a 400ex im tryin to sell for 3000 and i have about $15000.00 in it even thoe it dont seem like it when you look at it LOL And i have been selling it on here for 2 months now but still no buyers:rolleyes:

muff
09-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by speedy
thats true man cause i have a 400ex im tryin to sell for 3000 and i have about $15000.00 in it even thoe it dont seem like it when you look at it LOL And i have been selling it on here for 2 months now but still no buyers:rolleyes:

more like 1500 :huh

wilkin250r
09-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Antnee77
I think you're mainly in the wrong place to sell a Banshee. This forum is made up of mostly Banshee-haters, and those that do like Banshees on these forums are not necessarily in the market for one.

Oh, I don't know. I'm actually looking for a banshee right now, but not for MX, not for $5000, and not from New York.

nakomis0
09-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Yup never gonna get close to what you put in it I also have about $15,000 into my quad and would prolly only get $4000.

My buddy has a very very clean banshee, with lots of chrome, extended swinger, new struts, motor work out the arse,,, 82hp on 93 octane pump gas.. and hes 'trying' to get $4,500.

I would take all that aftermarket stuff off... put the stocker parts back on and sell the Aftermarket parts and quad seperatly

acold7dusta
09-15-2004, 01:41 PM
honda: www.exriders.com
yamaha: www.bluetraxx.com

speedy
09-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Its my machine so I think i would know:grr:

K_Fulk
09-16-2004, 11:38 AM
How do you get 15000 in a 400ex with just Handlebars, wheels &tires, scoops , pipe, a dg bumper and some motor work?

You should havea pretty trick 400 for that kind of money

You are talking about this one right ? http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117793

muff
09-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
How do you get 15000 in a 400ex with just Handlebars, wheels &tires, scoops , pipe, a dg bumper and some motor work?

You should havea pretty trick 400 for that kind of money

You are talking about this one right ? http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117793

thats what i was sayin. i had approx. 15g into mine and theres NO WAY its even close in caliber...

psst i still love postin this thing :devil:

ranger400ex
09-16-2004, 01:37 PM
If I put 15g's in some fine lady...is she worth $5k??:huh

fitethesystom
01-13-2006, 10:39 PM
From what the dealer(s) with an S and everyone I talk to they want nothing to do with the 2 strokes, and you're asking way too much.

JDiablo
01-13-2006, 10:43 PM
This chit is over two years old bro.......

muff
01-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by JDiablo
This chit is over two years old bro.......

yea no kiddin... i couldnt figure out how he pulled that off, then i realized he was canadian :p

Jake250ex
01-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I gouldnt get someone to spin in my hand for them to take my shee. Nobody wants em

And no they dont suck, you just have to know what your doing and they are as fast as anything out there. They wear you out quick, but its a real mans bike. If your old and fat then stop complaining and get a 4 stroke. Everytime you hear a shee coming by its instinct to turn your head, look, listen and smell the premix. I respect those who race a shee much more than i do someone riding a 4 stroke.

400exrules
01-14-2006, 01:13 PM
because banshees are useless for anything other then drag racing and dunes, yes they can be trail bikes or mx bikes, but they are at the bottom of the chain, their not the greatest. all i could ever understand someone buying one for now adays is drag racing or dune riding.

MXRACER86
01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Wow this is old! Actually to let everybody know, I sold that banshee for $4500!!! :macho

JDiablo
01-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by muff
yea no kiddin... i couldnt figure out how he pulled that off, then i realized he was canadian :p

Lol nice EX btw.