View Full Version : Broken subframe

outacontrol31
09-13-2004, 10:24 AM
well this weekend cost me alot of money, 1st of all my subframe broke in the back, its the peice that is behind the airbox paralell to the grab bar, well it broke my grab bar to(and its kinda wierd cause i didn't flip or nothin) anyway we put my stock grab bar back on and it held it together for now till we can order another one, and also i was on the starting gates for my 2nd moto and we get ready to fire em up so i pull out my kickstarter and put my foot on it and it breaks clean off at the pivot piont! so i get a friend to push start me and i was able to race, anyway this race cost me alot but **** happens, later

CdaleXtreme
09-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Wow sounds like a rough weekend. So you are saying your subframe cracked, and you have never crashed your bike yet? an earlier crash could lead to premature failure of the subframe. as for your kicker breaking off that just plain sucks!

outacontrol31
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
i have crashed before and hard to! enough to tweak the subframe, and i know that is prolly what made it finally break but it was wierd cause it wasn't even cracked pr nothin before the race then afer it was completly broke in to o well i needed a new one that was'nt bent anyway