PDA

View Full Version : drag races

fearthis_450r
09-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Thsi weekend i went up to haspin acres and spent about 3 hours drag racin. To my suprise my stock 450r smoked a piped yfz by about 6 quad lengths. I also raced 2 piped banshees and beat both of them. I am very happy with my 450r and just figured i would let everyone know that the yfz isnt all it is talked up to be.

chris keller
09-13-2004, 09:39 AM
good job

Raptorride
09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
what up jay lol i just made a post about the same thing..

Xowner
09-13-2004, 01:05 PM
fearthis_450r were do you live at? im about a hour from haspain, how do you like ur mods? the sprocket and all?

way to go with the drags i hope to soon get out their with my 450R soon :o

Raptorride
09-13-2004, 01:06 PM
we live in rushville indiana its about 20 mins from haspin just pm him or me we can prolyl get there about any weekend.

danyeo
09-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by fearthis_450r
Thsi weekend i went up to haspin acres and spent about 3 hours drag racin. To my suprise my stock 450r smoked a piped yfz by about 6 quad lengths. I also raced 2 piped banshees and beat both of them. I am very happy with my 450r and just figured i would let everyone know that the yfz isnt all it is talked up to be.

SOunds like the rider on the YFZ wasn't much of a drag racer, a piped YFZ with equal riders will smoke a stock r. Those YFZ's are choked up and really wake up from a pipe and correct jettings. If you have a pipe and HRC then you should be close to a piped YFZ.

Raptorride
09-13-2004, 01:54 PM
from the two yfz's that were there i dont see what all the fuss is about and i even rode one.

twisted threads
09-13-2004, 02:40 PM
. If you have a pipe and HRC then you should be close to a piped YFZ.

With a pipe and Hrc kit you should beat a piped YFZ.

danyeo
09-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Remember the quads don't ride themselves. Check these videos out. The 450r is no threat to a Yoshi 450z or an ATKannondale but the YFZ hangs in there a little better.

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/?search_field=fil_mem_id&search=50653

chris keller
09-13-2004, 06:34 PM
like he said must be the rider. I have raced both yfz's with a pipe and without. The one without I killed, and the one with a pipe I beat him about 1/2 a quad.

fearthis_450r
09-14-2004, 09:51 AM
i dunno what to tell you guys all i know is that i didnt just race one yfz, i raced 3 of them and each got beat more than once. I just dont see what the big deal is because i beat all three of them and they all have more racing experience than me. So it obviously isnt the rider because if it was they should have killed me.

Raptorride
09-14-2004, 10:47 AM
i raced two of em and beat them and i wasn supposed to either :rolleyes: happens i guess

chris keller
09-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Well I'm not saying the yfz if faster. Its just drag racing in the sand anything can happen. I have been smoked by a trx and a yfz then on the other hand I have smoked both. Sometimes its the rider.

MY450R
09-14-2004, 12:21 PM
well well well the o'l trx vs yfz chit
all i can say is i race a piped yfz all day long and whoever gets the holeshot wins period
they have nearly the same acceleration but the trx has a little more top speed

fearthis_450r
09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
I disagree with that after this weekend. The yfz got the holeshot on me once or twice but i pulled through and beat them. Before this weekend i would have agreed with you on that but i found out first hand that isnt true.

z-dan
09-14-2004, 04:39 PM
I dont own either bikes, I am a Z owner. My Z for being a 400 witha all the bolt ons and everything besides 450 kit is fast. So I am not biased at all when it comes to these 2 bikes. Now I ride with a couple 450r's and YFZ's. This past weekend I was riding a completely stock black 450r and a piped,jetted,no lid 450. First I raced my buddy on the stock honda vs his piped,cam mod,flywheel,15 tooth YFZ. He beat me once on a 100yd race up a hill, and we tied the other 3. Then I raced him with the piped one, on the short 100yd up hill he took me by 2 bikes(bike revved out quicker with jet kit had to hit 3rd gear). Then I told him to race me from further back about another .75 yds. I can honestly say I beat him by like 2 bikes (he was pissed). After that he only wanted to race me on shorter runs. BTW my buddy on the YFZ can ride and his bike is fast. Me and him were beating all the other bikes there also including other yfz's and 450r's...........................................4 50r's ARENT SLOW and they can beat YFZ's I see this happen all the time.

allmixedup047
09-14-2004, 09:34 PM
450r's ARENT SLOW and they can beat YFZ's I see this happen all the time.

i dont see why people have been saying the 450r is so slow! it is so close between them and the yfz. i am a proud 450r owner and im not one to say that a stock 450r will smoke a stock yfz, with 2 riders switching back on each bikes, the race will be the same between the 2. mine is stock and i can say ive been beat by piped yfz's and piped trx's, i can also say ive beat them too. i spend hours at the drag strip when i go to the dunes, sometimes getting beat, and sometimes doing the beating. in the sand it all happens when the hand drops. after that all you have to do is not miss a gear. sand is a tricky ground to race on. you can get the most horrible start one race, then come back to the same line and get the start youve been waiting for. but what im trying to say is there is no smoking between the 2 bikes if the rider does his/her part. and i say her because ive whitnessed a girl out in oklahoma on a slightly moded 450r put the whoopin down on a whole line of guys. next time i see her im going to ask her to marry me.:) j/k, unless she says yes.:blah:

kssandduner
09-15-2004, 08:31 PM
next time i see her im going to ask her to marry me. j/k,
You better hope I don't see her down there next weekend!! Sounds like the kind of woman I'm looking for! :D

Joe

Jersey450R
09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
my girl rides my quad just as good as i do :cool: and shes bangin!