PDA

View Full Version : some drag races

Raptorride
09-13-2004, 09:21 AM
The only thing that beat me is my buddies 450r this weekend and im not ashamed of that lol. he is jetted pretty well perfect for air lid off baffle out. I was his closest race and i lost by abvout a quad length. it be better if we raced when i start in second which i started doing later. But ne way me and him wasted yfz's one piped one not, stock and piped shees, a pred, a ds 650, piped raptor z400 and a 400ex. My raptor has baffle out k and n snorkle off no rejet, friends 450r is about the same except lid off and rejetted.

fearthis_450r
09-13-2004, 09:31 AM
I am the 450r that beat him and i was very impressed with his raptor at the drags because he was the only one who came even close to beatin me. All i know is that the yfz are not as good as most people think. It was an awesome weekend!!!!!

chris keller
09-13-2004, 09:36 AM
sounds good. Go Honda! Were you at little sahara?

4punksdad
09-21-2004, 07:47 PM
I had pretty good success with a bone stock machine against many modified rides last spring in richmond, va. I think I ended up about 5th out of around 30 quads. Mostly cannondales, a banshee, a yfz, 250R, and some less respectable rides.

450 Racer R
09-21-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm gonna drag a bunch of people this weekend... any tips for getting a good start? I gotta practice my starts. All I need is at least a half decent start and I'm sure I'll come out on top

4punksdad
09-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
I'm gonna drag a bunch of people this weekend... any tips for getting a good start? I gotta practice my starts. All I need is at least a half decent start and I'm sure I'll come out on top

mine has a 13t front sprocket and the races were in grass on 20" tamers. I pulled second gear starts no problem. Just after dumping the clutch the 450R hits a wicked flat spot in the low end............don't panic & clutch it.......... keep it pegged and let the motor catch up..............you will be gaining speed while the others spin.

4punksdad
09-21-2004, 09:56 PM
also.........once you get the bike moving.........get your weight over the back tires to prevent wheel spin.