PDA

View Full Version : Just got my AC nerfs today

RideRed04
08-31-2001, 03:59 PM
Man, I love these things! They come with enugh spacers so that you can run the foot guard, and look like they would fit better that way. They are solid, and light. If you are looking for nerfs, buy these! They where a breeze to put on, except for the webbing, which is hard to do on any set of nerfs. I like how mine came with red "AC" stickers on them instead of the usual blue. It goes well with the red accents of the quad. The black webbing fits with the color scheme perfect. I give them a 10.

TRFOXX
08-31-2001, 05:08 PM
Glad you like um! I like mine a lot also and they've held up well. They've been through some pretty ruff times and are holding up and still looking good!

400ex Magnum
08-31-2001, 08:16 PM
Red

I have some questions.

First, can you post some close up pictures? Especially of the mounting system. I am wanting to get some nerfs, but I want some that mount solidly to the frame.

Second, where did you get them from and how much were they?

Thanks.

trx400ex
08-31-2001, 08:21 PM
hey guys glad you are happy with yours ...are they the standard kind because mine are and they give me nothing but head aches...id selll them right now for 50 bucks and i paid over 130 for em i think...i dont like ho the bolts come loose every time i ride them ...im gonna sell them and get graydons before i start racin....

RideRed04
08-31-2001, 10:10 PM
Well, I dont know about yours, but all my bolts have a nylon bushing in the end (you know what I am talking about, like the bolts used on bike brakes). The engine bolts arent, but I got them good and tight. I'll take some pics this weekend, and post them by wednesday. I paid 131.95 with shipping included from www.atvaddiction.com. The guy there lewis is really good to deal with, and keeps in touch with you. I will order anything I get for my ex from him.

max400EX
08-31-2001, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
hey guys glad you are happy with yours ...are they the standard kind because mine are and they give me nothing but head aches...id selll them right now for 50 bucks and i paid over 130 for em i think...i dont like ho the bolts come loose every time i ride them ...im gonna sell them and get graydons before i start racin....
$50!!??? YOU HAVE A TAKER E-MAIL ME IF YOU ARE SERIOUS, BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THEM DEPENDING ON CONDITION ETC!!! E-MAIL ME maxt112@hotmail.com

08-31-2001, 11:12 PM
i've had mine for 5 mounts and i have onlt ightened my peg bolts once but the are great nerfs...i felt like nacs racing screwed me over cause i paid 150 for mine....atleast they aren't ugly like dg's

Chef
09-01-2001, 03:21 PM
when i got my AC pro pegs they didnt line up right with the motor mount bolt holes, an easy fix that my dad thought of was using a " Port 'O Power" (atleast thats what he calls it) all it is is like a little cylinder thing that you pump oil into with a another thing that attaches to it. on the pump part it says body and frame repair kit, and it says that its capable of 4 tons of pressure. he just put one end on the peg, and one end on the bar in the front of the nerfs and started pumping and it just shoved it far enough apart that the bolt holes lined up.

As far as how they mount, they just have a little steel thing that bolts up to where the old foot pegs were and you just slide the tubing over that and tighten the front bolts. and the bumper fit perfect (AC without screen)

RideRed04
09-02-2001, 03:42 PM
I'll have the pictures requested on my yahoo picture page tomorrow.

Taco
09-03-2001, 01:00 PM
I love my propegs....:D :D :D

RideRed04
09-04-2001, 03:20 PM
Pictures are up, just click the address in my sig to see them.

09-04-2001, 04:24 PM
i know this is dumb but what exxactly are nerf bars for jumping or what??

kabd69667
09-04-2001, 05:47 PM
Put it this way, nerf bars are the safest peice of equiment you can put on your quad

09-04-2001, 06:26 PM
ok AC standard nerf owners...i look at my pegs today and the nerfs are bending them so i'm calling ac tommarow on this so you all might wanna look at yours and check them out cause if my pegs break i'll be pissed off

RideRed04
09-04-2001, 06:39 PM
nerf bars basically give you more room for error. If your foot slips off the peg, you are still ok. They also keep other quads tires from hooking yours in a race. I highly suggest them, especially over the 4th gear woops... dane knows what I am talking about.

3hondas
09-06-2001, 06:27 PM
I was riding with a dude that had ac nerfs but the footpeg was part of the nerfs and they had a built in aluminum shield (where the black plastic one is behind the peg).
does anyone know anything about these?

Taco
09-06-2001, 07:36 PM
That would be the AC racing propegs. I love em..:D :D :D
Rico also has them go to marcums website he has a pic of em up.

09-07-2001, 10:11 AM
I love mine but I don't use the foot guard on the back of em,,,I just bolted up the nerfs and that was it,,,and also Marcums has the best deal on em too,,,I think I paid like 200 beans for mine..

09-10-2001, 02:43 PM
I am looking at buying some nerfs myself, but not sure which ones to get. My friend has the dg alloy, and he likes them. The only thing is you have to remove the black plastic foot guards to put these ones on. Do the AC ones let you keep the black plastic foot guards on? are they alum alloy too?

Canuckrider
------------------------
2001 yellow 400ex

RideRed04
09-10-2001, 04:10 PM
Go to the website in my sig, you can see how the ac's mount (I kept the foot guards on.. no mods to keep them).

Chef
09-10-2001, 05:01 PM
you might want to give the aluminum things that are with the pro pegs a shot sometimes. this last weekend i was at coos bay and foot came off the back of the pegs twice. the first time i got 4 deep scratches and my left shin from the peg cause i wasnt wearing boots and the the PADDLE tire dragged my foot under at about 8000 rpm, very bad road rash. and the second one was my fault, went off of a big jump off the backside of a dune in 5th, thought i was in 4th, hit the wrong jump on the dune. i went one tire track over from where we were hitting it before, it was dug out alot and my front end went so far up in the air that there was no way to get it down in time. but, i did clear the whole dune my friend said my back tires we 8-10 feet off the ground. when i landed my foot went down and hit the ground really hard. couldnt move my ankle for about 2 hours.

09-11-2001, 06:41 AM
yeah, i checked out the ac pro peg nerfs on their website,
http://acracing.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=419&Catalog=49
and i think i will probably go for them, i want some protection from the back wheels. anyone know the cheapest place to buy from?

canuckrider
--------------
2001 yellow 400ex

"BLAHH"300!!
09-17-2001, 01:08 AM
whats the deal with those- do they break easy or just plain ugly??

i havent had a problem with em' yet-
realy havent used em' either --foot hassn't slipped i mean--

i didn't like having to take my peggs off to put them on though

max400EX
09-17-2001, 06:28 PM
marcums has them for $180 (maybe 170) , its the best i have seen, most are like $200+

stocktires
09-17-2001, 06:49 PM
my AC pro-pegs wernt that awesome! they didnt mount up good at all! the feel flimsy and are REALLY wide! the mounting isnt good at all! but they were only $159!

Nausty
09-22-2001, 08:54 PM
first day with my new ex and i already crashed, kinda my foot fell off the pegs got ran over, OUCH i can't walk and i have to hop around on my foot we are definatly getting nerfs either way.

Nausty
09-23-2001, 08:55 PM
update: My dad is going to order some gradon proline nerfs with black netting and he is also going to buy a ac racing dirt screen front bumber.