was that needed:rolleyes:

try bluetraxx.com

Yes it was;)

LTandRaptorider
09-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by k&k_400ex_82
Yes it was;)

another productive member heard from... :rolleyes:

Tell mommy to restrict your computer usage until you grow up a little... now drink some warm milk and get to bed. ;)

09-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

Tell mommy to restrict your computer usage until you grow up a little... now drink some warm milk and get to bed. ;)

LOL

09-29-2004, 07:45 AM

another? :blah:

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
another? :blah:

Hey, I NEVER claimed to be productive... :o

Oops... my timer went off, time for another drink... :p

k&k_400ex_82
09-29-2004, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

Tell mommy to restrict your computer usage until you grow up a little... now drink some warm milk and get to bed. ;) [/QUO

Well we no whos more mature thou makin fun of some one real mature im only 14 yes but how old r u makin fun of me callin me a baby wow nice!!!

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

Tell mommy to restrict your computer usage until you grow up a little... now drink some warm milk and get to bed. ;) [/QUO

Well we no whos more mature thou makin fun of some one real mature im only 14 yes but how old r u makin fun of me callin me a baby wow nice!!!

Old enough to be your dad... but glad I'm not. you act like a little kid, you'll get treated like one. Now get to bed early, pay attention in school, particularly in English class so your grammar improves. ;)

k&k_400ex_82
09-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Old enough to be your dad... but glad I'm not. you act like a little kid, you'll get treated like one. Now get to bed early, pay attention in school, particularly in English class so your grammar improves. ;)

Hey come one now we can be freinds dont have to argue or put each other down. And i do pay attention to school a's and b's. amd wat do mean ur glad im not your dad i didnt do nuttin to your i stated my opinion on raptors to me they suck they are fast but i race motocross i would never spend the money on a raptor id rather spend my money on a yfz or a 450r so thats all i was doin no need for the put downs and wat do u mean by i talk like alittle kid ur actin like one callin me names.

so watever i didnt do nothin to you so shut your trap

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey come one now we can be freinds dont have to argue or put each other down. And i do pay attention to school a's and b's. amd wat do mean ur glad im not your dad i didnt do nuttin to your i stated my opinion on raptors to me they suck they are fast but i race motocross i would never spend the money on a raptor id rather spend my money on a yfz or a 450r so thats all i was doin no need for the put downs and wat do u mean by i talk like alittle kid ur actin like one callin me names.

so watever i didnt do nothin to you so shut your trap

Well, I almost felt bad until I read the part telling me to shut my trap... and I looked back through the posts, and nowhere did I call you any names. I got on you because you were being a smart-***... otherwise acting like a little kid. Furthermore, the guy was asking for pics of modified raptors, not your opinion on them, or other comments. Now we've wasted enough time in his thread. And why are you still up? Can't get good grades that way... ;) Thus endeth the sermon.

rap225
09-30-2004, 03:48 PM
anyway , you said they suck at motocross . . . duh , thats why yamaha calls it a trail bike. thats all it was trly made to do , sure you can make it an mx'er but you need a hell of a lot of money , the yfz isnt comfortable on trails but its great at the mx track , complete opposite of the raptor

k&k_400ex_82
10-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by rap225
anyway , you said they suck at motocross . . . duh , thats why yamaha calls it a trail bike. thats all it was trly made to do , sure you can make it an mx'er but you need a hell of a lot of money , the yfz isnt comfortable on trails but its great at the mx track , complete opposite of the raptor

Ya your right. But if your in the woods and ther is an off camber turn with a cliff or watever u wouldnt want to be flippin they are very tipsy. Thats why a honda 450r there not like the yfz there more ridable. Like lets put it this way. The yfz is to the 450r as the 250r is to the 400ex the 250r is a better race bike like the yfz. Unless u do stuff to the 400ex or the honda 450r. But the 450r and the 400ex is more ridable

raptorrider
10-04-2004, 06:34 AM
LOL, you guys just cant stand to be wrong! Whats wrong with a Raptor? Must not be too much too wrong with em! They do happen to be the best selling sport bike of all time. That must mean something.

But if your in the woods and ther is an off camber turn with a cliff or watever u wouldnt want to be flippin they are very tipsy.

Um.....wouldnt any normal, sane person slow down, no matter what bike they are on when the moron is on the edge of a cliff?

bradley300
10-04-2004, 10:35 AM
whats wrong with them? how about flimsy axles on the first year models, one way starter clutchs, the transmission in genearl and the fact that there heavy and tippy. unless you have some good ssd shocks (i know you do raptorrider) you cant deny the fact that they are too tippy. as far as being the best selling sport quad ever, i wouldnt doubt if the yfz has far surpassed it already as well as a z-400.
my take on a raptor is you xcan build them to do whatever you want, but in the end, there just not great at anything. you can make it a goo duner, woods racer or mx'er, but the fact of the matter is there are better quads out there suited for all three

raptorrider
10-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Well, let me say this. I thought the Rap was "top heavy" and "tippy" when I first got it. After some seat time, and a little bit of butt movement (which I dont have much of!!) the Rap is not nearly as top heavy as it seems. I rode a 450R that was stock, and it felt just like the Rap. Yes, I have SSD shocks, and it did help some. I will admit they arnt the best for MX or even XC, but I dont think you can find a better trail machine out there. It has very good suspension stock, it is comfortable, and has enough power to do anything you want. I am going to lower mine down more, because yes, it does sit higher than it needs to. I did have tranny problems, but it wasnt what everyone else has. My chain cmae off in a set of whoops and balled up around the front sprocket, causing some damage to second gear (some how it didnt bust the case!) I have had a starter clutch go bad. All quads have problems. Z's had major frame issues. My buddies 450R has frame issues (MX could be the problem). I just hate hearing all these peoples opinoins after they ride one for 2 minutes. I rode a YFZ and I wasnt all that impressed. More so because I only rode it for about 2 minutes, and thats not nearly enough time to "learn" a quad-how it handles, etc.

10-04-2004, 07:40 PM
the 450r is tipsy but nowhere near as bad as the craptor...it can be closer compared to a stock z400

Mango
10-05-2004, 08:33 AM
the 450r is tipsy but nowhere near as bad as the craptor...it can be closer compared to a stock z400

I wonder if any of you Raptor bashers have spent much time on a Raptor? I have never felt that mine was tipsy. Also, I have never seen the z400 compared to the Raptor. I know my Raptor will suck the plastic off one, but that's not a good comparison.
I am not "Brand Loyal" as many of the people or this forum are. What that means is that if you like Honda, you will not praise or own anything but Honda.
I have 3 Hondas and one Yamaha. If I didn't think they were all good, I wouldn't have bought them. Also, you got tons of "kids" on these forums running their chops about whats good/not good, and they never did any research and they have never ridden any other quad for any length of time. They just went to Mom or Dad and said buy me this or that cause it looks cool.

Many Raptors were sold at over $6,000.00 new. That tells me a couple of things.
1. They are built with quality parts and design and people value that concept.
2. People like they way they handle and the power they produce.
3. As with every mass produced item, there will be "lemons" and also some riders maintain their quads better than others. I don't wish problems for anyone on any brand.

It basically this simple, if you don't like it, don't buy it, but quit *****ing about it.

Mango

rap225
10-05-2004, 07:58 PM
yeah they really arent too tipsy , just lean

440exnacsracer
10-05-2004, 08:52 PM
so how bout them pics:rolleyes: :D

lt&raptorrider,...glad you got that kid to shut up, his comments were uncalled for:D

10-06-2004, 07:39 AM
raptor owners are big headed goons who thing 660cc's and cool looking plastic makes you fast...after they own one they are still too big headed to admit they suck

Mango
10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
raptor owners are big headed goons who thing 660cc's and cool looking plastic makes you fast...after they own one they are still too big headed to admit they suck

I will not have a battle of wits with an un-armed man.
Once again you have you have shown your immaturity and lack of research on a given topic.

I am not big headed, my helmets are both Thor size MED.
Plastic does not make you fast, hp + traction = fast
Yes I own one, you are probably still paying a bank or a parent for the loan.
Bring your 450 out and I will hand you another loss. You thought your ex was the fastest and always broke down on Raptors, now you go out and try to BUY your self some class. It has not worked my friend.

Mango

10-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Mango

Bring your 450 out and I will hand you another loss.
hasnt happened yet...you better have a heavily modified crapturd that is running correctly (doubt this).....only atv's my 450 has lost to was a YFZ, another piped & cammed banshee with I dont know what inside it. Raptors dont stand a chance anymore and you know it

raptorrider
10-06-2004, 08:23 AM
another piped & cammed banshee with I dont know what inside it.

Well I guess you have just shown what you really know. Its too bad that there are people like you who come here. EXRiders is a very well known site, sponsering some very big time GNCC racers, as well as having some very big time GNC racers visit the site too. I sure hope they dont come and read these post, with an immature kid bashing what someone else takes pride in owning. Why does it bother you so bad Jumbo? Did you just wake up one morning and decide, hey, I'll go out and bash someone elses quad because I think I know what Im talking about. I feel like making myself look like a complete moron. I dont know why you have this thing against Raptors, but maybe since a 450R is 8 times as fast, I should sell it and buy a Banshee with big camshafts?

440exnacsracer
10-06-2004, 06:13 PM
another piped & cammed banshee

this thing against Raptors, but maybe since a 450R is 8 times as fast, I should sell it and buy a Banshee with big camshafts?

man, youve posted over 500x and didnt know banshees dont have camshafts.???:eek2: :eek2: sounds like the new kid on the block showed you up buddy:eek2:

k&k_400ex_82
10-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
man, youve posted over 500x and didnt know banshees dont have camshafts.???:eek2: :eek2: sounds like the new kid on the block showed you up buddy:eek2:

Ya everyone knows banshee dont have cams there a two stroke.;) Raptorrider im not tryin to cause trouble I was just stating my opinion and thats that i think raptors arnt good. Thats what i think. compared to other sprt modles that are out there the raptor wouldnt be my choice. And im not bashing peoples quad. Hey raptors can be good if ther lowered A LOT and widened cuz they are very tipsy and some people agree some dont. They are fast but u can get a 450 that isnt as tipsy and jusat as fast. Thats all im sayin. You dont see many raptors winning the big races.

k&k_400ex_82
10-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mango
Also, you got tons of "kids" on these forums running their chops about whats good/not good, and they never did any research and they have never ridden any other quad for any length of time. They just went to Mom or Dad and said buy me this or that cause it looks cool.

Mango

Actullay i bought my own quad a 400ex it was 4 grand and i bought with my own money. So looks like u didnt do any reserch on that one;)

raptorrider
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Im not trying to start trouble, but rather git rid of the unnessasry posts. If you dont own a Raptor, or even care about one, then why even come in and open your mouth? Humm, I think I just read an article in ATV Rider Mag about a dune shootout, where the Raptor beats not only the DS, Predator, and V-Force, but also wins over the "perfect, unbeatable" 450's from Yamaha and Honda. Maybe if people stopped caring about what whoever rides, and just kept their comments to thierselfs, it would be a much better world!

440exnacsracer
10-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Raptor beats not only the DS, Predator

not suprised it beat the 450s in the dunes, but the pred and the ds??:eek2: i always saw it of more of a trail quad, but it does have alot of torque. as for pics, have you ever seen the rap daddy?imo, the trickest raptor other than the $60K gold/ chrome one at the indy show last year

Mango
10-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Actullay i bought my own quad a 400ex it was 4 grand and i bought with my own money. So looks like u didnt do any reserch on that one;)

Yo man, good for you. Obviously I was making a general statement and did not want to offend or lump everyone into it.
Basically, I was spot lighting on Jumbo. It's one of my favorite past times. He continues to bash other people and their bikes, mostly Raptors. I think he has Raptor-envy. A condition brought on by continuous beatings at the track or trails by a 660R.:D

But seriously, I have read many of Jumbo's posts, most are to the point and have some knowledge gained from experience. Just not when the ole' Raptor is involved. He hates them, except for how they look.:confused:
Every time I see a post on how a Raptor had let someone down I think, "man I hope that does not happen to me." Bottom line, quads are VERY expensive and this is a HIGHDOLLAR sport to be in, regardless what your ridin'.

Mango

raptorrider
10-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Ive seen that Raptor, and its too much gold for me!! Looks like a homie bike!! Anyways, I dont care what anyone says about a Rap, I know that Ive had mine for 2 1/2 years, and I ride very hard. The only thing thats went wrong that WAS NOT my fault was the stator and the starter clutch.

BlackRaptor
10-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Go luck putting camms in a banshee u fool

and u think that cause u got a 450r that your real hard, id like to see u ride.

440exnacsracer
10-07-2004, 09:17 PM
hey, blackraptor, could you post a pic of your raptor? id like to see those yfz shocks on it, my friend wants to do that

LTandRaptorider
10-08-2004, 04:50 AM

jumbo... jumbo... jumbo! Now don't head down that path again requiring you to create another username!

and that's Mr. Big-Headed Goon to you... although like Mango, I too wear a medium size helmet. ;)

And a Banshee with a cam??? :eek: :rolleyes:

3 pages, and still no pics? somebody must have one... :confused:

10-08-2004, 06:14 AM
mango:
"I think he has Raptor-envy. A condition brought on by continuous beatings at the track or trails by a 660R."

HASNT HAPPENED YET! :blah:

raptorrider
10-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Every time I read this post I smile!! A banshee with cams!! Wow. I bet those are fast!!:D

MY450R
10-08-2004, 08:20 AM
im truly lmao at this thread and btw i agree with jumbo on this
RAPTORS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
J/P lol

Mango
10-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
im truly lmao at this thread and btw i agree with jumbo on this
RAPTORS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
J/P lol

Let me finish your statement for you.

Raptors suck the plastic off 450Rs.
You'll be sitting there kicking that beast, I use my finger. First, to show you your age, then to start my Big single.

I really don't see the wisdom in constantly kicking on the Raptor.
You guys should realize what the raptor did for quads in general.
It FORCED Honda, Kawisaki, Polaris, Suzuki, etc., to step up and give the consumer a superior machine when compared to what was available at the time.

I will not argue that there were some problems with the 01' tranny and the one-way. The tranny was upgraded and I think the one way was re-tooled. I always start mine in nuetral for fear of stressing my one way. Also, if you think about it, the 01' did not have a rev limiter in reverese. Find a tranny that will hold together with that much torque pegged.

Now Yamaha put out 2 quads that were fast, 4 stroke, more adaptable to modifications, and with cutting edge body designs. Honda had no answer. What a 400ex?? Please. Here comes the 450R, with every opportunity to make it better than the YFZ and the Raptor, no dice. It's red and it's a Honda. If I was BRAND LOYAL I would be pissed. No electric start?? No reverse?? I got to buy a HRC kit to make it compete with a YFZ?? Bull, Honda SHOULD have said "Here it is, $7,500.00 or what ever, but it is THE FASTEST, BEST HANDLING QUAD AVAILABLE". They didn't. They said, "it's faster than the 400ex, oh, and no reverse, we didn't want to add weight".

Suck on that boys. Simple marketing strategies. Honda refused to spend the cash.

Go on and try again. But keep this in mind, I have read tons of posts on YFZ/Raptors vs 450R. I'll bet over 90% are Honda guys whining about Yamaha.
Why can't you just say, I love my Honda. I like red.

:devil:

Mango