PDA

View Full Version : Many Question concerning 450r and Yfz

Ralph
09-12-2004, 04:16 PM
I know somebody will tell me to do a search, but there is just so many diff little things id like to hear more personalized opinions.

Im looking to sell the ex and get a 450r or yfz. This is quite important to me and i need to know some details about each quad.

Does one or the other react better to getting the shocks rebuilt than the other?
-Im not going to beable to afford new shocks on this bike because of college and buying a car etc.

What kind of parts need to be switched to aftermarket on either?
-i know the yfz needs a swinger does the honda NEED anything replaced?

Am i better off with my ex?
-I know im going to want to upgrade, should i do it now while i have to build up my skills from the ground anyways, i know it will just keep loosing money but i have a sweet chassy just lacking motor, should i just get motorwork or something?

Kilabanshee
09-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Knowing that both of the swingarms are around a similar build I think it wouldnot be a bad idea to swap an aftermarket on the 450r eather. I also heard the 450r is really resricted air wise stock so if you put on a filter, pipe, and mod the airbox it really runs like a whole new machine ive heard.

Ralph
09-12-2004, 06:10 PM
what about the suspension, wich one takes on a rebuild better?

Kilabanshee
09-12-2004, 06:32 PM
I would be saying the yfz because the front and rear shock seem to be a more racing style over the trx.

Ralph
09-12-2004, 06:45 PM
im also just considering putting a 36th rear sprocket, port and polish, 416 high comp. piston cam and valve springs. and maybe a little with the clutch.

ive pretty much canceld out a conversion cause it seems like it is so hard to do them right. A nice built 416 should do me good.

WhiteZee
09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
A nice built 416 should do me good.
i doubt you will be saying that when a stock 450r kills you.

Ralph
09-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
i doubt you will be saying that when a stock 450r kills you. and i doubt i will drag race!:rolleyes:

i think i have a better chassy right now than most 450r's i would go upagainst. only thing it lacks is motor. If i was to buy a 450r it would prob stay pretty stock so either have a fast bike or a fast bike that handles great. Im still not decided. i dont have to make up my mind for a little while so i can work some more and then go from there

GettinFaster450
09-15-2004, 06:49 AM
If you are worried about that. My stock 450r beat a 416 EX and was killed by a piped, jetted, uni filtered 450r and yz 450. So I went out and bought a pipe, cam air filter and now I am right there all the time. If you are worried about handling you should ride a 450 they handle better than the old 400EX if you ask me. I am sure the rest of 450 riders will agree. I owned a 400 and traded it for my 450 and have no regrets.