PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing Exhaust

jdonahue400ex
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
A friend of mine is about to buy a ct racing exhaust system and is wanting to know how good they are.

NacsMXer
09-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Its a great exhaust system for sure. Ive had both the midrange on my mild 440 and now have the race pipe on my 450 stroker. Just curious, is your friend about to buy the midrange pipe or the Hi Output? Cuz they are designed for specific motors. For example, a relatively stock quad without porting or a cam would get more power out of the midrange pipe than the race pipe. If you have porting and a cam, man that race pipe really wakes up your motor! I also love the spark arrester feature, though I hardly use it, but its nice to have if I ever want to go trail riding or quiet the motor up a bit. Definitely great craftsmanship and build quality.

jdonahue400ex
09-12-2004, 05:53 PM
the mid range im pretty sure cause engine dosent have anything done to it except it has a jet kit. will this pipe give it any more top end or will it only give to more low to mid range power?

NacsMXer
09-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Tell your friend he chose the right pipe for his setup. Like the name says, the midrange pipe will give him more low and midrange power because it has a smaller diameter head pipe than the race pipe. If he jets it correctly, he should expect to see some impressive gains over the stock pipe. If you have any other questions, id be happy to help ya. ;)

jetmec2k
09-13-2004, 04:50 PM
i plan on buying the slip on mid range for my stock motor ....dosent ct give you the proper jets and a needle kit when you buy their exhaust system...

NacsMXer
09-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jetmec2k
i plan on buying the slip on mid range for my stock motor ....dosent ct give you the proper jets and a needle kit when you buy their exhaust system...
Yes, CT does provide you with the proper jets and a needle and circlip. Just so you know, the slip on is just a slip on pipe-the midrange pipe is the entire exhaust system. Not that it really matters though :blah: . Still, the slip on produced the most power out of any silencer on the stock EX motor in the infamous Dirtwheels slip-on shootout. However, I don't think you will be able to upgrade to the midrange header later on because I believe the slip on was designed to fit the stock header. Also, the midrange pipe works well on either a stock EX motor or an EX motor with some minor mods. So basically if you plan on upgrading the piston's compression or going with a better cam, the midrange pipe will yield you much more power than would the slip on pipe alone. BTW, I have a used CT midrange pipe with the silencer that I am selling because I had to upgrade to the race pipe for my race motor. PM me if youre interested, I am negotiable on the pricing and can save you a lot of money over a brand new system. If you know you only need the slip on pipe, disregard all that I said about the midrange pipe - I was just tryin to save you some $$ in the long run. ;)
-Chris

jetmec2k
09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
thanks...does the mid pipe set up use the disk type end pipe??

NacsMXer
09-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Yes, the pipe I have for sale will accept the supertrapp-style spark arrester disc setup.