PDA

View Full Version : mercedes BMW volvo

Butters
09-12-2004, 11:50 AM
if you had to choose from one of these cars what would you get. i am thinking a mercedes but maybe one of the other 2. i really want a luxury car but i might not go with any of these and end up getting a vette.

acold7dusta
09-12-2004, 12:24 PM
i dont think Volvo is that luxurious but id prolly get a mercedes if i had the money and if i could drive lol

MOFO
09-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Volvo isnt in the class of cars you listed. My choice would be an Audi... but out of what you listed, BMW... NO questions about it!

lil400exman
09-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Volvo isnt in the class of cars you listed. My choice would be an Audi... but out of what you listed, BMW... NO questions about it!

i think i would choose i high end lexus!:o

MOFO
09-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
i think i would choose i high end lexus!:o

well some people like myself would prefer a little more "performance" out of a high end luxury vehicle... this is shown in my car choice.

Butters
09-12-2004, 01:37 PM
i forgot all about audi i really like them too. i always thought volvo's were pretty nice cars. what would they compare to then. bmw's seem to be pretty cheap around here for some reason.

Jellyrolls
09-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
well some people like myself would prefer a little more "performance" out of a high end luxury vehicle... this is shown in my car choice.

umm...there are 2 new lexus's out that are badass man...they have a very good performance

MOFO
09-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Jellyrolls
umm...there are 2 new lexus's out that are badass man...they have a very good performance

need I say RS6 or M5? Luxury and performance like no other...

Heck, I'd even throw in the S55 AMG... just dont like Merc that much... personal opinion.

Lexus = very old mans car or wanna be pimp

chucked
09-12-2004, 02:04 PM
how the hell are you affording these cars?????

Ralph
09-12-2004, 02:38 PM
dream car would be a M55 amg. they dont make em anymore, only make the 500 now.

Those cares are quick as hell, are sweet at towing, and look good too.

250xridamatt
09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
get the Srt-8 300c when it comes out. 425 horses!!! I thought my dads 300c with 340 horses was fast lol

YamaWarr0121
09-12-2004, 06:40 PM
We have owned a 328I, and a 2002 330I and they are the nicest cars i have ever stepped foot in. We just got rid of the lexus es330 but it just isn't up to BMW standards..

I got a VW Jetta, while not on the luxurious side, name an option the bmw and lexus had, the jetta' has it for 23 g .. thats a deal, now take that, add all wheel drive, and a whole lot more luxury, and you got yourself and Audi for under 40 grand:eek2:

Mitch400EX
09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Well if you're serious about buying any of these cars the best way to find out which one you like is to test drive models from all three manufacturers. I have had experiance with Mercedes, and they're very nice cars. My personal recomendation would be an
E-class Mercedes (mid sized sedan rear drive or all wheel drive) that is 2 or 3 years old. You can pick one of these up for a lot cheaper than a brand new one. The E-class are the perfect size, not to small, but not huge like the S-class. They handle very well and even the 6 cylinder models are quick. The E55 AMG is a rocket. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. I doubt you'll find one of those for very cheap though.

theTman
09-12-2004, 07:46 PM
benz sl600

we got one

it hauls

like 180mph

:D whiplash

Got Roost?
09-12-2004, 08:43 PM
BMW M3:blah:

TheFontMaster
09-12-2004, 08:48 PM
I would go with a A4 or A6. Or a lexus. My uncle just droped 55 grand cash on a new lexus it's so nice.

Butters
09-12-2004, 10:09 PM
yeah i don't plan on buying any of these cars brand new. i had thought about a jetta too. they are vey nice cars. i have sat in one but never driven one. i probably will just have to go drive them to see what i want.

mrnate400ex
09-12-2004, 11:56 PM
i'd go with a lexus. i have a 97 es300, and it rides like a dream. it may not look as fancy as the newer ones do, but it sure rides and drives like a new one still!!! the interior is still perfect. just a little wear on the leather is all you notice. my brother just bought a 01' IS300. that thing is a lot of fun to drive. it has the sport shift on the steering wheel and all of that fun stuff. i guess they can be souped up pretty good too. don't need to do much to the suspension though. that thing rides like it is on rails!!!

400exBro
09-13-2004, 03:56 PM
What are you looking for sprots car or suv???

Beware of the Ml320 there has been lots of problem with them, we have one and have lots of problems, it is the top of line one done out with chrome and what not...

BMW is the way to go, had an x5 for a while damn nice suv, handle pretty damn close to the sports cars... really fun to drive lots of power...

that is my parents cars i drive a VW Golf TDI damn nice car i like it a lot for how much i paid, but i recently got hit by a deer and the front right hand side was damage and is being repeaired at the moment... That was my first ever six point buck that i ever got, to bad that it screwed up my car i am very depressed today becuase of it... you sort of feel, why me???

the important thing to do is to test drive each car you are intersted in and look at magazines and web sites... just beware of some of these high end cars they are a little high in matiance...

Ralph
09-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
What are you looking for sprots car or suv???

Beware of the Ml320 there has been lots of problem with them, we have one and have lots of problems, it is the top of line one done out with chrome and what not...

BMW is the way to go, had an x5 for a while damn nice suv, handle pretty damn close to the sports cars... really fun to drive lots of power...

that is my parents cars i drive a VW Golf TDI damn nice car i like it a lot for how much i paid, but i recently got hit by a deer and the front right hand side was damage and is being repeaired at the moment... That was my first ever six point buck that i ever got, to bad that it screwed up my car i am very depressed today becuase of it... you sort of feel, why me???

the important thing to do is to test drive each car you are intersted in and look at magazines and web sites... just beware of some of these high end cars they are a little high in matiance...

what are some of the ml320 problems? And for anything that did go wrong did benz not pay for anything that went wrong?

MOFO
09-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
what are some of the ml320 problems? And for anything that did go wrong did benz not pay for anything that went wrong?

I'm not sure myself, but I do know it can be very annoying to take a vehicle in every other week for warranty work.

Also the other guy was right about maint cost on the higher end vehicles... be ready to pay out the arse....or do the work yourself.

acold7dusta
09-13-2004, 04:15 PM
my dad test drove the new dodge magnum RT. this thing...WOW...i was so impressed at howwell it handled with that mercedes chassis and how much balls it had with that 5.7 hemi .. now hes thinkin of buyin it..i hope he does thats be so awesome

400exBro
09-13-2004, 04:17 PM
front sensor that tells the computer how much air is coming in 500 dollars

Fuel injection pump went even tho we always run premium gas...

middle switch for the windows and want not went...

these were items not covered by warrenty!!!! i can t remember what else went wrong durning the warrenty period...

We were looking at the ML 55 amg liked that truck a lot, but we are unsure of the mercedes name... unless they bring out the ml 350 in diesel we will probably buy the x5 in the 3 l option...
We like Mercedes a lot, my dad always has unimogs coming and going, plus the one that is his, if you don t know what a unimog is i will have to post a picture if i can find one...

400exdad
09-13-2004, 05:25 PM
While I like all 3, I wouldn't choose any of them. Too much $$$ and not enough room. If I had to spend $40 to $50 on a vehicle, it would be a F250 Power Stroke crewcab 4x4. :) I'm pretty sure if I could corner a Beamer, a Volvo or a Mercedes, I could crush it! :D

Butters
09-13-2004, 05:46 PM
yeah i don't blame you on the truck. but i don't need a truck cause i have one.