PDA

View Full Version : Lembo lake NY

MIKE400EX
09-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Has anybody been to Lembo lately? Is the gravel pit area still open for riding?
Thanks!

MIKE400EX
09-12-2004, 09:38 PM
FYI, the gravel pit is permanently closed! You also need a flag on your quad now (New York state law?). Only has to be 4 feet tall or so from the back grab bar. Useless if you ask me. BTW they do sell them there for $15 each - "cheesy" pieces of crap (a very thin fiberglass mast w/a 3/8" bolt clamped to the end with a wire rope clamp). At least it comes with a washer and nylock nut. The place was the usual mess. Still havn't figured out where the supposed MX track is??????????? But... they did dump a load of wood chips to ride over, in the middle of the straight away in front of the parking area. Made my day!!!!

TCRACING425EX
09-15-2004, 07:22 PM
ya the sapose of mx track is the thing carved into the hill with those berm type wanna be things. that place was a disapointment.:( thats ny for ya

TheFontMaster
09-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by TCRACING425EX
ya the sapose of mx track is the thing carved into the hill with those berm type wanna be things. that place was a disapointment.:( thats ny for ya

Yea NY sucks ***. Next year I'm getting up to lembo to check that place out.

MIKE400EX
09-15-2004, 07:48 PM
FontMaster,
ATV(NY) IS Lembo Lake! Prepare to be disappointed.

TheFontMaster
09-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by MIKE400EX
FontMaster,
ATV(NY) IS Lembo Lake! Prepare to be disappointed.

I know it's in NY. I live about an hour away from lembo I think, mabey a little more. I saw a picture of one hill thats like 600 feet tall there, so I thought I would check it out sometime.

MIKE400EX
09-16-2004, 06:45 AM
FontMaster,
We must be thinking of two different places. There's not a hill over 20-30' at Lembo. Lembo Lake aka ATVNY is located about 15 miles northwest of Newburgh NY, off I84 exit 10S. I'm not familiar with Poland, but Mapquest says you're near Utica, which is about 165 miles. Believe me, DON'T waste your time driving that far to Lembo! There's got to be better places nearer you.

kc 300EX
09-16-2004, 05:20 PM
cool NY people- we should have a ride somewhere
somewhere cooler than lembo lake.....
Any idears?
You make all the plans and I will show up

87250rxrider
09-16-2004, 05:39 PM
i have a friend tha races flattrack at lembo. i will be racing there very soon, as soon as my R is done. i don't care for anything else there, but NY does have some nice MX tracks. diamondback, and walden are some good ones. i'll be racing district 34 MX next year also.

TCRACING425EX
09-16-2004, 07:11 PM
ny f***ing sucks balls no one here ever waste ur time a atvny sucks and we should meet up and ride some where i have heard of some good things of the trail behind nacs and want to go to dimond back and walden.

TheFontMaster
09-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by kc 300EX
cool NY people- we should have a ride somewhere
somewhere cooler than lembo lake.....
Any idears?
You make all the plans and I will show up

I am getting a track near me and trails over 6000 acrars of land, and theres some sand pitts around me. I was thinking about having a group ride up here next year once the track and trails and my project 250r is done. How many people would be interested in this?

TCRACING425EX
09-17-2004, 07:44 AM
im in im just getting my 250r prodject finished now. how big of a track is it? and where is poland ny

TheFontMaster
09-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Poland is just north of utica. If you still don't know where that is look at map quest. I'm not shure how big the track is going to be, it ain't built yet but is suposed to be done next spring I think. To ride the track you would need an ama, or atvma card or whatever it's called, I would get more info on it once the tracks actualy built. The area they are planning on building it in is about 1/4 mile long I think, and 4-500 yards wide. The track would be on that. The sand pitts are wickid fun too.