PDA

View Full Version : durablue axle nut

RGERBER875
09-11-2004, 09:47 PM
I have a durablue axle on my 400ex, the axle bearings are shot any ideas how to get that durablue axle nut off, it’s really stuck

hondalover
09-12-2004, 09:15 AM
i just took mine off yesterday for the exact same reason, i had to use two BIG pipe wrecnches and also heat the nut itself. It took me a good while to just get the nut loose itself and once it was loose i still had to wrench on it pretty hard to keep going till i had enough threads to take off the snap ring. SO you basically just gotta use enough force thats what i did. i also sprayed it down with some PB Blaster beforei started Didnt help much though it was still almost impossible to get off

RGERBER875
09-12-2004, 11:01 AM
what is this snapring eveybody keeps talking about? I don't see one on my axle. I bought this bike used so maybe The dim witt who put it on left it off. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p2752ddbbebe7aa6485406755fe4c0571/f70ac40e.jpg

hondalover
09-12-2004, 11:39 AM
The snap ring is underneath the axle nut, when u back the nut off and move it intowards your swingarm, there will be a large snapring around your axle underneath your axle nut. You first have to get the axlenut loose and back far enough and it will be there underneath the nut>> It has to be there cause if it wasnt the nut would not tighten down and just slide off. Hope this helps