NEVERFORGET

i was in my 6th grade home room 300 some miles a way from ground zero

were where you?

acold7dusta
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
on the other side of the state, 3rd period in....8th grade spanish i believe

JDiablo
09-11-2004, 09:47 PM
7th grade english getting yelled at....wait i can get pix of the lights that they shine up every year...brb

400ex28
09-11-2004, 09:48 PM
1.2334252545324523 blocks away :o

JDiablo
09-11-2004, 09:53 PM
ahh forget it,i can;t get the pics.....im about 15 mins from teh city,if it was a lil clouder out i might be able to get them,but it is all black....but anyway RIP TO EVERYONE THAT PARISHED THAT DAY :(

400ex28
09-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
ahh forget it,i can;t get the pics.....im about 15 mins from teh city,if it was a lil clouder out i might be able to get them,but it is all black....but anyway RIP TO EVERYONE THAT PARISHED THAT DAY :(

WUT HE SAID :eek:

kicken250x
09-11-2004, 10:01 PM
8th grade french class. the lady was from france and really stuck to the french traditions usualy stood at the front of the class at rest making sure no one sat down untill we said the date but that day she was sitting behind her desk and told us to sit down when we walked in. it was crazy... at lunch there were people running out crying when they found out

Fred55
09-11-2004, 10:19 PM
In 8th grade...in Algebra.

honda350r
09-11-2004, 10:23 PM
The WTC was the second terrorist attack on 911 onUS soil! The first on this date 9-11-1857 was caused from the Mormons 150 years ago!

Never forget either !!

http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/inmemory.htm

Honda4trax250x
09-11-2004, 10:48 PM
48 miles away from manhattan in my second period class of my freshman year

bluebaron
09-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Just going to phy. ed ,and they wouldn't lets us go out side

Rdhanded2
09-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Walking to class my senior year in college. A frind of mine ran up and told me. My teachers cancelled all the class, and we just sat glued to the tv.

SRH
09-12-2004, 09:04 AM
i was sleepin and i iddnt know what the 2 buildings were

I-7
09-12-2004, 09:34 AM
I was in 8th grade when we heard and they brought in the TV and I watched the buildings come down :( . All the wind pushed the dust and smoke our way so we had a lot of haze and smog the next few days... RIP

trick450r
09-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Takin a wiz in an 8th grade bathroom.....when my friend came in yelling and i was like...foshiz im not done....acually thats true

2001-400ex'er
09-12-2004, 10:54 AM
I was in 8th grade and it was right when I was switching classes but we didnt do anything the rest of the day and they canceled my football game I had after school.

09-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Sleeping in 3rd period Senior Social Studies. Everyone was freakin and woke me up. I thought it was a joke.

spincr4hire
09-12-2004, 11:26 AM
At work. Heard NY was under attack on the radio, so I ran to a conference room and turned on the tv right before the second plane hit the second tower.

TheX1992
09-12-2004, 01:42 PM
freshman history class. all we did the whole day was watch it on tv in every class

WOracing
09-12-2004, 03:22 PM
i was a freshman and in english at the time

Foxyangel0425
09-12-2004, 04:23 PM
I was at work listening to Howard Stern...i honestly thought it to be a joke....but when i looked in the internet I realized that OMG it wasn't. We had the TV on at work all day...people were crying, I was scared my friends in DC were hurt (cause they work right near the pentagon).

It was a sad day and a day people will never forget. God Bless those who parished in the attacks and the families.

TheFontMaster
09-12-2004, 05:08 PM
I heard stuff about it durring the day, but I really learned everything about it durring academic period for my 8th grade english class. One I got home I was watching the news the rest of the night.

Toadz400
09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
I was in 8th grade and I stayed in this lesbian teacher's room (yes she was a lesbian) to watch the news report on the bombings.

And on Friday in Study Hall I found an old report on the WTC attacks in '93, it was titled "The worst terrorist attack in the US". And that time only four people I believe were killed.

LazeR
09-12-2004, 07:58 PM
I was sitting on my computer waiting to go to school playing an online game, and someone in the chat said the world trade center had a plane crash into it! and i didnt really know what the trade center was but i knew it was important. Well i didnt believe him so i looked on Yahoo and sure enough! So then i went to school walked in..and every single classroom had a tv and it was plugged in and turned on to Fox News! I have never seen anything like it before....we didn't do work all day, just sat and watch tv! In history we did talk about it a lil bit though.

Got Roost?
09-12-2004, 08:41 PM
i was surveying just outside the lake city ammunition plant. man they locked down quiiiiiiiiiick :eek2: the guards patrolling the fence told us that a plane had crashed into the trade center and i was thinking cessna....

:macho GOD BLESS AMERICA:macho

Woodsrider
09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i was sleepin and i iddnt know what the 2 buildings were

Why is it, that I find that so easy to believe coming from you?:rolleyes:

I was at work at the Boeing plant in Renton Washington building 737's, thinking how in the hell can some one turn a 767, full of people, into a missle.

BOONE450R
09-12-2004, 09:38 PM
working powerline in allentown pa. ,are shop was in hustontown pa. (30 miles from the one that went down in pa.) a very scary day. I was ready to put the hero gear on and go kick @ss!:cuss:

hondarider2006
09-13-2004, 02:33 AM
8th grade social studies....we did nothing but watch the news for the rest of the year. God Bless the familys who had family members die, and the people who help save lives.

Tommy 17
09-13-2004, 10:17 AM
between 2nd and 3rd period...

crday98
09-13-2004, 03:15 PM
here is a flash to check out regarding 9/11. i believe it was posted a year or two ago but...

http://www.fdnylodd.com/BloodofHeroes.html (http://)
you might have to scroll down the page a bit to see it.
it is definitely something we will never forget. i was sleeping on the couch waiting for my wife to return from taking my daughter to school.she called me and told me to turn on the tv because she heard a plane hit the wtc.i was thinking that was a very small plane and it wasn't that big of a deal because "how much damage could a small plane possibly do to the wtc?"as soon as i saw the news,i sat there shocked as i saw the damage that was done and learned they were commercial airliners.i can't even describe what i felt when i saw the first tower collapse,let alone the second one.then i learned that the pentagon was hit and another plane downed near pittsburgh.i truly thought there was much more destruction to follow that day.thank god it stopped where it did.another scary thing is when i went to visit ground zero in nov. of 2003.you can never really imagine the true size of the towers and the destruction that was caused that day unless you visit the site first hand.i was literally in almost as much shock as the day it happened and to see that much time pass and still see people there working on cleaning up the mess is indescribable.god bless everyone who died that day,their families,their friends,those who did anything they could to help out that day and those who continue to help.

250exen
09-13-2004, 05:58 PM
i was working on a math paper in 7th grade, my teacher mrs popeski got a call from her husband to turn on the tv, and right when she turned it on, i saw the second plane hit. a couple minutes later i had to go to next period, which was socialstudies, and the principle came in and told the teacher to turn it off. man, was my ss teacher mad, he was arguing(sp??) with her saying that it was history in the making, but ofcorse he lost and had to turn it off. i think we ended up listening to it on the radio....

hessianmx111
09-13-2004, 06:06 PM
i was in 7th grade in p.e when my teacher told us what had happened at the time i was kinda pissed cause we were supposed to play dodgeball that day and he was trying to explain the significance of what had happened, it wasnt until i got to my next class that i realized how serious everything was. R.I.P:(

K_Banger125
09-13-2004, 06:36 PM
i was in 7th grade history taking a test and my reading teacher came in and told my history teacher...we stopped taking the test and started watchin it on tv just when the 2nd plane hit...then in math we where watchin it and saw about the one into the pentagon and the one that went down in pa about 60 miles away from my school it was scary chit...RIP everyone lost:(

MOFO
09-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 250exen
and the principle came in and told the teacher to turn it off. man,

thats a bunch of BS! I'd be a bit more than just p'd off.... does he think by just turning the TV off, it wont affect you? What an arse IMO.

I was at my parents house that morning (picked something up), getting ready to leave for work... when my father told me to come over to the TV before I leave....He said a plane just hit the World Trade Center in NYC. Since I used to fly planes as a hobby(small single engines), I was very curious and sat down to watch the report...shortly afterwards we saw the second plane hit.... we both looked at each other with the same look.... knew our world was about to change... :( .... then we both said... "Thank god George W Bush is President"

AtvMxRider
09-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
between 2nd my 3rd period... :huh Damn Tammy

I-7
09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:huh

ROFLMFAO

theTman
09-13-2004, 07:21 PM
6th grade....a teahcer told ours and we grabbed a TV and watched it for a hour or so..then had to go back and do school work:mad:

mxdave28
09-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
The WTC was the second terrorist attack on 911 onUS soil! The first on this date 9-11-1857 was caused from the Mormons 150 years ago!

Never forget either !!

http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/inmemory.htm

Dang im glad i re-read your comments before blasting off at the mouth hehe:D i was about to say that ya'll need to turn on the Tellie.... WTC had been attacked couple times....in which Bin loser had claimed those and dont forget the Okie bombing that blew half that building up. so...anyway, i personally was still at work (ambulance) and had just gotten out of bed (**** was over at 7a) and the next days shift was standing in the crew room all in awe and i was like...whats going on? they said plane just hit the WTC...i was like Naa Uhhh really whats going on...and at that point the second plane hit and i was like HOLY CHIT!!!!!!!! end of story for me

Now coming from a 16 year firefighter i was very pissed off and saddened as most were but, felt even more because we had lost a bunch of fellow brothers. Here at the station we talk about things all the time and are always remembering the 343 fellow brothers that lost their lives doing what they loved to do and we here will never forget. If you want to watch a very good movie go rent or buy the movie call 9/11 that is a very excelent movie that pretty much started as a documentary(sp) of a New York Rookie as he makes it to a new station and what a rookie does. the moive makers ended up getting footage from ground zero through out the entire thing and one of the scenes that even got my heart pumping harder is when the first tower comes down as they are inside...just the sound and blackness that comes over them is very hard to imagine. i highly recomend watching this movie. wow thats enough out of me sorry.... 343 FOREVER!!!

roostin_dale
09-13-2004, 10:21 PM
I was late for school as usual, i was dragging my feet, walking up to the building during first hour, when everyone was looking out the windows and screaming at me:D

Quad18star
09-13-2004, 10:21 PM
I was heading to school that morning , driving my car and I had the radio on . It was broadcasted live from New York as Breaking news and they said a small plane had hit the first tower . Didn't think much of it , but during first period at school the teacher brought in the TV and we watched it all morning . Every classroom had a TV going and we were told this was history in the making . I'm surprised they made you guys turn off the TVs ..... hell you'd think something like this happening in your own country would be something your teachers would want you to see . We watched it all and I live in Canada . It wasn't just US history in the making , it was World History happening !!!!!