PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to recharge my battery?

Superfast450r
09-11-2004, 06:59 PM
My kfx400 wont start. Im pretty sure its the battery. All the light turn on but when I push the start button nothing happens. Is there a charger I can buy for the battery?
THANKS

Pappy
09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
deltran mini-charger $59 shipped thru me or buy one locally for $59

they work great on the small cycle batteries.

YFZ450Ridr
10-03-2004, 04:27 PM
i got a little 12 volt battery charger that i gotta use for my daddies Yammie ALL the time but never once for the honda:devil:
i think it was like 60 or so at an auto zone or advanced auto parts. comes in handy instead of buyin a new battery all the time if ur old one dies.

Billdog350
10-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Lots of people will recommend that you use a low amperage 12 volt charger for your ATV battery because an automotive one will put out too much amperage and fry your battery, shortening the life on it considerably.

Wal-Mart has a low maintenance trickle charger for llike $29 that has alligator clip style and also two spare ring connections that you can permanently bolt on the battery so you can plug the charger in to maintain it.

Anything less than about 5 amps should be safe for charging your battery...it might take longer but at least your battery will still work when you're done.