PDA

View Full Version : help with kill switch on 300EX

Hazzler
09-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey i dont know how to install my pro design kill switch on my 300EX. I don't know where to connect the long positive wire. Will you guys help me please??

JDiablo
09-11-2004, 03:36 PM
http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/ProDesign/

ZSK
09-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Easiest way is to splice into the pulse wire of the coil (I think it's black and yellow) one wire spliced in, the other to ground.

Iamgone
09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Just did it this way.

Hook-up your switch on left hand side of handle bars with plunger pointed downhill. Run both wires down through the opening to the frame. Strip and wrap the ground wire to the front fender support bolt on the left side. Now, sitting on the left hand side of your 300ex, follow your frame up to the front of the machine and up towards the fender. You will find a 2" or so black cylinder (coil) with one wire ponted down the frame and two at the top with rubber covers. One of these top two wires will be color coded yellow/black. This is the wire you want. Pull back the rubber boot. Exposing the copper connector underneath. Wrap tightly the stripped end of your other wire on the tether switch around the exposed copper connector and tape in place with electrical tape. Test machine a few times. This is only temporary.

For more permanent connection, purchase a new copper connector from the local hardware store or get from a friend? Make sure if you shorten the wires to leave a little excess to allow for the handlebars being turned. Should also try to use dielectric grease when reconnecting.

Hope this helps someone just learning how to do it themselves.