PDA

View Full Version : Oregon INFO.

Got nads?
09-11-2004, 01:15 PM
We might be planning a trip to the Oregon Dunes, for the first week of October. I was wondering if the rules there are as strict as everbody says they are, because well I am pretty sure none of our machines are as quiet as 93 db. What are the other rules there?:confused:

chad400ex
09-11-2004, 01:33 PM
The 93dB rule does exhist, but typically you don't get checked unless you're doing something else that is stupid (racing through parking areas, riding with no helmet, riding 2 up, etc...) I've only seen it once where they set up a "sting" where the sheriffs were at a crossroads for 2 trails. You couldn't get past them without being checked. Luckily I was riding my wife's stock V-force at the time. There's a no alcohol rule outside of developed camping areas as well. And some day use areas/campgrounds have a 12:00 curfew for night riding. Other than that...it's fairly relaxed as far as rules go.

stryker
09-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I worked in Coosbay near the Horsefall recreation area for an entire year, and rode "a lot" to put it mildly. Not once did I get checked for sound! Also the time of year your going isn't as busy as summer. Just make sure you have your day use ticket if your parked in one of the parking lots! Besides that have fun!!:devil:

HondaMan222
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by chad400ex
I've only seen it once where they set up a "sting" where the sheriffs were at a crossroads for 2 trails. You couldn't get past them without being checked.

ya they will get ya, but follow lots of people cuz they pass you bye if there is a line...

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-12-2004, 12:59 AM
were you going? maybe we can meet up! me and my Pops will probably be going sometime early october since thats my Birth month:D

Sm0k3d
09-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Florence, OR has been known to check A LOT! I went to Winchester Bay and they had no checks at all.. my bike is easily 100+db

Got nads?
09-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
were you going? maybe we can meet up! me and my Pops will probably be going sometime early october since thats my Birth month:D

I don't know exactly know where we are going, we are meeting some relatives from Vancouver, B.C. and they are maikng the plans. But if you see a modified 450R, raptor, one of the nicest YFZ450s, and a V-force rippin around, it is probably us.:devil: