View Full Version : maier rear plastic install NEED HELP

klotz
09-11-2004, 12:42 PM
hey
i got my plastic on fine on my 400ex but they have a lot of play in them ......i lost the instuctions and cant figure out where those left side right side mouting things go.,.the 90 degrees steel piece
thanks
shane

klotz
09-11-2004, 01:58 PM
anyone i really need to get this fixed
thanks again shane

09-11-2004, 03:33 PM
rig them up...maier plastic rarely just mounts up...usually it takes hell & alot of nuts & washers to get them on right...have fun

vtwoodsrider
09-15-2004, 07:06 PM
yeah the mount point for the rear fenders is junk. where the support goes through the mounting part i used black tape to stop the movement.

YZ400EX
09-27-2004, 02:13 AM
In just had the same problem and finally got it all figured out..It is hard to explain so if you leave me your email address I will send you pics of how they go and I will scan the directions and email them to you as well because I still have those too..If you still need to know just leave your email..Thanks

klotz
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
i think i got it now....i just used the l bracket things and screwd them into where the old mounts were on the stock plastic...then put the bar in and plased the mounts so they held the bar in secure...
does that sound right??
thanks
shane

DaleJrFan
09-28-2004, 08:08 PM
hey 400exguy, if you would e-mail them to me i would appreciate it, i am thinking about buying some black plastic for my quad but if it is going to be a pain i will wait for a while

YZ400EX
09-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Klotz, That sounds exactly right..Thats what I did..I only found 1 way that it made the bar secure..Sounds like you did it right..

Dale JR, The fenders are not hard to mount up at all and if you buy them from maier they will send you the instructions with the hardware..If you need them after you buy the fenders let me know and I will email them to you..Like I said it is easy..just kind of confusing..The instructions are very vague..Dont let the rear stabalizer bar mount scare you off from buying them..I would still get them if I was you..Let me know if you need any other info..Thanks