PDA

View Full Version : Some pics

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:22 PM
stopped over at Tomahawk today to check on JHForman and my little bro.

JHForeman ripping thru a turn

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Lil' bro getting warmed up

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:27 PM
John send it over a table:macho

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:29 PM
My bro wrecked good last week and found out he tweaked his stem badly:p he came idling by and i yelled at him ...you know sissy boy...homo rider and all:devil:

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:31 PM
next lap he aired out:devil:

JDiablo
09-11-2004, 12:32 PM
that first pic is sweet...keep um coming pappy

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:33 PM
here is JHForeman practicing getting roosted:devil:

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:35 PM
They just added this rythm section.

TheFontMaster
09-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Cool pics:macho You got any more?

Pappy
09-11-2004, 12:42 PM
nope, i just stopped in on my way back from the store. i had to get work done so not much play time for me

JHF219
09-16-2004, 01:25 PM
damn we had a blast sucks i gotta take the wheeler home this weekend :(

the pics look great pappy

that first one looks sweet check out the spin those holeshots have :(

traction is my enemy :devil:

JHF219
09-16-2004, 01:33 PM
damn we had a blast sucks i gotta take the wheeler home this weekend :(

the pics look great pappy

that first one looks sweet check out the spin those holeshots have :(

traction is my enemy :devil:

Sportrax10
09-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Great pictures, the new rythem section looks sweet...:cool:

Needa450
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Hey I was riding up there last weekend with you guys. Well Pappy's little brother and JHforeman. I got some video footage of JHforeman wrecking and I gave Kevin the tape to make a copy and hes giving it back tuesday.

I dunno if you was there Kenny, but I was riding the black Raptor with black hipers and Curtis Sparks exhaust. O ya, I was the only Raptor rider there too. Anyways, I had a great time and I ussauly make it up there to ride on the weekends.(mostly Sundays)

Great pictures too, I wish my video camera could take clear still pictures that good. I recorded Kevin, JHforeman, and a couple other people take a couple laps and then JH foreman wrecked(not really, just kind of fell off) and got it all on tape.

BTW, can I post pictures of it when I get my tape back. I heard you had to be a supporting member or something. Do you just host the pics, and the get the URL and put the IMG tags around it?

Ok enough of me ramblin on, just wanted to say I met a couple of ya up there, great people.

Quad18star
09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Pappy take that first pic you posted and bring it over to the thread about you wanting a T-shirt design . That picture .... with a little bit of distortion from photoshop would look wikkid on the back of a t-shirt .

D-7#61-450r
09-16-2004, 08:27 PM
What is everyone's opinion on Tomahawk as far as a good track for quads are concered?
In my own opinion I'm not very pleased with what they call a rythem section or whoops. In the rythem section the only way to hit them is double triple double. They are not equal spaced, have poor lips and you ever try a 2-3-2 on a quad. I seen one or two A riders atempt doubling with no luck.
The 2 wheelers seem to do alright at these types of tracks but next year I don't really see myself running points at tomahawk. I finish ok up there actually had my first 1-1 but also had my first crash up there the last points race. I guess I would like a little more quad friendly jumps at tomahawk.
Also the race that was rained out after we paid to get in and never was reimburst as we left sucked to.

Pappy
09-16-2004, 09:29 PM
i will discuss your concerns with the track owner. with such small turnouts of quads i can see catering to the bikes ...so get more quads there!

i know he was working the jumps last weekend to provide more lip on a new double so that a quad could clear it but i havent rode that track in about a month so i dont know if its better or not.

the double double isnt too bad, JHForeman had it down after some practice runs.

JHF219
09-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
What is everyone's opinion on Tomahawk as far as a good track for quads are concered?
In my own opinion I'm not very pleased with what they call a rythem section or whoops. In the rythem section the only way to hit them is double triple double. They are not equal spaced, have poor lips and you ever try a 2-3-2 on a quad. I seen one or two A riders atempt doubling with no luck.
The 2 wheelers seem to do alright at these types of tracks but next year I don't really see myself running points at tomahawk. I finish ok up there actually had my first 1-1 but also had my first crash up there the last points race. I guess I would like a little more quad friendly jumps at tomahawk.
Also the race that was rained out after we paid to get in and never was reimburst as we left sucked to.

stop crying :blah: im just playin man. i agree there are 2 jumps that come to mind that could use a little reworking. the new uphill double in the woods definetley needs a lip i could make that jump 4 outta 5 times but the 5th time i would case it. i got the guy running the bobcat to come up there and rework the face of it but it made it worse hell even the bikes(a couple of them) were struggling trying to make it over it. if it had a lip i woulda made it every time. the other jump that needs to have something done in my opinion is the BIG table. there needs to be a landing in the 70 foot range or so. now i know what your thinking that im probably full of chit but i did almost clear the big table but wrecked in the process. thanks to needa450 i have the vid to prove it :devil: the rythm section that your talking about there is a simple trick to it it took me all day saturday to figure it out i tried numerous combos and found that you have to single single then double rest of the way through the double double right outta the gate is a snap once i got the hang of it. all in all i liked the track had a great time out there and couldnt have asked for a better weekend in my opinion.

Later,
John

hondarider2006
09-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Pictures are lookin good Pappy, as usual:p :blah:

D-7#61-450r
09-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I think the double in the woods is an improvement myself. It had rained before the last district 7 race so it was almost imposible to do early on. By late day it was being done. Very understandable do to mud.
The 90' tabletop is almost being done by an A class rider. He practices there often. Making it a triple table top might be a real good idea! But that jump is fine because the uphill after it is awsome!
The rythems are just pretty ruff. I have seen a large number of people crash on quads and bikes in them. I ride and race for fun not to get hurt.
The race in July was a blast. The track was fast and safe. But the new stuff remined me of terrible tomahawk stories.

Pappy
09-17-2004, 08:01 PM
if you crash at Tomahawk i might get the shot:p

Guy400
09-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
if you crash at Tomahawk i might get the shot:p Shouldn't "OWNED" be on that pic somewhere:D

Pappy
09-17-2004, 08:12 PM
damnest thing tho, i watched him enter the first turn (thats where he wrecked) and he just appeared to forget there was a berm there for a reason:p

this was the "before i hate tomahawk" shot

Pappy
09-17-2004, 08:14 PM
this feller wanted to get a better view of the bikes hitting the whoops section:D

300extreme#8
09-17-2004, 08:28 PM
i guess #32 was havin a bad day .huh,i know what those r like ,u expect a good day at the track,u get there u don't do nothin right ,u wreck here and there,and at the end of the day u relize u haven't gotten any better haha,atleast i've gotten over them days,i see myself gettin alot better every ride,quite amazing when u watch videos of when u just started compared to what u r now,hope he can stick it out and keep ridin

ZQ8Dude
09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
love that blue 400ex!, really stands out from the rest.

man, i sure hope people arent like that where i plan to ride...gonna have alot of "over the bars" shots lol