PDA

View Full Version : Drove the 05 acura 35RL yesterday

Woodsrider
09-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I got to go to a ride and drive to see the new 2005 acura 3.5 rl yesterday. The car will not ne in showrooms untill the first week of October, and the offical launch set for the 12th.All I can say is :eek2: Wow this car is sick, and the technology in it is even better. The first total redesign if Acuras flagship in 10 years is awsome in every way. Except one, its still a V6:( A very potent 340hp V6 though, with electronically assited AWD. Air conditioned/heated front seats voice recognition navigation with live up to the minute traffic information and alternate route suggestions. Smart key technology. You can just walk up to the car with the key in your pocket, and the doors unlock. Get in and sit down and thurn the knob(key still in your pocket), and it starts. But you cant here it and if your not paying attention, you wont feel it either. Just pay attention to the tachometer;)
Accelerating from a stop this thing is incredibly quick and agile for a V6 through the saloms I was awe struck at how nible the car was with the AWD feature. All of the test track runs were made by a profesional driver with three passengers in the car. Then we got to drive the car ourselves, through the same course at obviously slower speeds but thrilling none the less.
Unfortunatly the car way out of my price range, at $47k+ But at least I'll still get to drive the chit out of them everyday:D

Giz400ex
09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Acuras are really autos but for the price, I rather have a Lexus or something! Lexus autos don't make huge hp but its enough, resale is better and way more comfortable and just a tab bit more classier (sp?)! But I guess, Honda-Toyota, whats the diff??

dpizz450
09-11-2004, 08:09 AM
my cousins got a liek 2000 TL he wants a new 2005 TL and my other cousin is getting a 2005 RSX if she can make it to april without wrecking her POS camry

Woodsrider
09-11-2004, 08:21 AM
There is still a substantial price difference between the LS430 and the RL. Lexus' big car(LS430) is more luxury than performance, Where the RL has always been marketed toward the perfomance crowd. As far as which ones hold value more, thats an interesting debate, it depends on where you are in the country. But out here a TL type S and a GS300 both run about the same price used, and having worked on both, the TL is a better car. With the exception of the tranny issues. But trannies pay good and I can make about 250% replacing trannies under warranty:D

Woodsrider
09-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
my cousins got a liek 2000 TL he wants a new 2005 TL and my other cousin is getting a 2005 RSX if she can make it to april without wrecking her POS camry

The new TL is a much better car than the 99-03 models. The sixspeed manual with Brembo brakes and a A-spec package is a really nice car.

acold7dusta
09-11-2004, 03:38 PM
acuras are awesome my favorites are the RSX type-S. 200 hp outta that fou banger no turbo no nothin. thats pretty amazing that hey can suck 340 hp outta that V-6. some V-8s dont even have that

Guy400
09-11-2004, 03:51 PM
My mother went through 3 POS Intrepids of various years before getting away from them. She got an Acura TL. The car has been great and now, even after 3 years, the dealership gives her a loaner while the oil is being changed and they treat her like royalty when she's in there.

remlapr
09-11-2004, 09:10 PM
The wifes current ride is a 03 TL, great car so far and they do have really good service. It' actually pretty quick once the v-tec kicks in, but the manual shift is kind of slow...