PDA

View Full Version : If your quad was stolen????

chucked
09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
How was it stolen???? (ex, they cut the locks on your shed, cut through the garage wall....)

Juggalo
09-10-2004, 11:15 PM
they just wheeled her outta my backyard

09-10-2004, 11:21 PM
broke into the garage and tried pushing it out but it had a flat so they just left it in the back alley:o this was my old trailboss. if anyone lays a finger on my EX ill shoot them in the knees with the 12 guage.

exrider360
09-11-2004, 09:41 AM
id shhot them in the knees and then sick my cat on them

chucked
09-11-2004, 10:30 AM
If I ever caught someone trying to steal something from me, I would probably do something i'd go to jail over, the only thing is catching them.

I-7
09-11-2004, 11:53 AM
They pryed open the garage door and then took off the a-arms to get the chain off. They musta been in there a long time but we werent home so :( . I dont know why we put the chain on the a arms, probably because we were in a rush but now we know better and chain it to where its welded :D . We found it the next morning behind the apartment complex across the street and down the road :o . I know who stole it too so...

JR3
09-11-2004, 11:57 AM
i was an idiot and left the key in and i heard my quad revvin so i ran out their with my dog a gearm shepeard and i heard him growlin and barkin and saw sum1 runnin so i went runnin after them with a knife haha but they gotta away

acold7dusta
09-11-2004, 03:31 PM
i came home with the garage door open all the way and all my neighbors told me the alarm was goin off n chit so my dad goes back there with the dog but thank god everything was still there. our hypothesis: i lef tthe door open and a bird flew in when the alarm was set. if anyone stole my trx 300 i prolly wouldnt care. but touch the dirtbike....ud better have long legs

chucked
09-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by acold7dusta
i came home with the garage door open all the way and all my neighbors told me the alarm was goin off n chit so my dad goes back there with the dog but thank god everything was still there. our hypothesis: i lef tthe door open and a bird flew in when the alarm was set. if anyone stole my trx 300 i prolly wouldnt care. but touch the dirtbike....ud better have long legs

thats smart, your inviting people to steal it, my buddy keeps leaving my container unlocked, it it happens again, hes gonna find his bike sittin outside and there will be different locks on the door.

Trx4Life
09-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JR3
i was an idiot and left the key in it
I made the same mistake only they got away with mine cops found it 6 months later, the best part is they wont tell me who they caught with it and wont charge them with any thing. They say the people that had it clame they bought it from some one so the cops wont do anything cause they cant prove they stole it. they also say the charg of possition (spelling?) of stolen goods usually dosent hold up in cort so they arent going to do anything about it. I even called the DA and he said sorry cant help you.

I love our legal system

440exnacsracer
09-11-2004, 11:39 PM
my neighbor got 2 quads stolen... their shed was broken into, in which one of the quads had the key, the other did not, so they toed it off with the other. after this, i called my cousin at freightliner and got a the enclosed part of a semi trailer to put in my back yard. solid steel/ aluminum with a sliding steel door and theft resistent lock.......you want to steal mine, you better bring the cutting torch and a bullet proof suit, cause the back-ups a 44 mag and a ruger red lable 12 gauge:D :devil:

bluebaron
09-12-2004, 12:10 AM
out here in the country no one realy does nothing to prevent someone from taking it, but if they did they would have take it far far away, so no one would find it, but i sleep with mini 14 , by my night stand, so if they try they'll find out what a double tap of a .223 does to them

chucked
09-12-2004, 06:44 AM
ok WHO has ever caught anyone trying to steal their quadm, because you cant shoot anyone while your at school, work, or sleeping???

TampaBoy813
09-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Cut hole in door...to find there was locks on the tracks....then cut new holes to get to the locks and then cut locks...opened the door...with my little dog barking...killed the dog and took the banshee, Gas can, boots, washer, dryer, tools, even my broom....

trick450r
09-12-2004, 10:55 AM
of you catch someonestealing it and they are armed or even come at you it is perfectly legal to kill them.....

TampaBoy813
09-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
of you catch someonestealing it and they are armed or even come at you it is perfectly legal to kill them..... I think theres a little more to it then that...there was a guy who broke in some ones house and got attacked by a Dog...he was caught and then he sued the owners of the home...and won!
how gay is that....looks like every ones has rights nowa days!
its better to be from a 3ed world...because you have more rights in the us then we do...how gay is that!:mad:

400exrules
09-12-2004, 11:54 AM
whats a really good theft preventative? couldnt you chain the frame to something? but i thought they can cut through just about any chain with bolt cutters...doesnt seem like its preventable

chucked
09-12-2004, 12:30 PM
of you catch someonestealing it and they are armed or even come at you it is perfectly legal to kill them.....

Not exactly... I dont think its legal at all to shoot at someone unless they are shooting at you.

TampaBoy813
09-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Not exactly... I dont think its legal at all to shoot at someone unless they are shooting at you. nowadyas they would have to kill you 1st...then its ok to shot back..:rolleyes:

chucked
09-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by TampaBoy813
nowadyas they would have to kill you 1st...then its ok to shot back..:rolleyes:

pretty much, you have to have the knife sticking outta ur back, and you cant shoot them from behind.

hondarider2006
09-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
they just wheeled her outta my backyard

Same here, except it was a friends back yard. I was at school when it happend...That was a bad day. I went looking for a few hours with a 12 gauge.....that ******* was lucky I didn't find him. Still haven't to this day:mad:

sharkinthepool
09-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by I-7
They pryed open the garage door and then took off the a-arms to get the chain off. They musta been in there a long time but we werent home so :( . I dont know why we put the chain on the a arms, probably because we were in a rush but now we know better and chain it to where its welded :D . We found it the next morning behind the apartment complex across the street and down the road :o . I know who stole it too so...

Did you go have a nice little chat with them??? You know you a couple of your close riding buddies and a lousiville slugger to there knee's, ankle's, and wrist'; so they would have a memory of what would happen the next time???

wilkin250r
09-13-2004, 01:38 PM

It's not quite as simple as that. You have to honestly be in fear of your life, and be able to prove the circumstances that led you to that fear.

04EXdude
09-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by chucked
ok WHO has ever caught anyone trying to steal their quadm, because you cant shoot anyone while your at school, work, or sleeping???

Thats what I'm saying! A thief is the sneakiest ******* on earth! You can't shoot them if you can't detect them!!!!!!!! I too have a big bad gun but if I'm asleep I can't stop them...............and you have to sleep or leave the house sometimes...........and believe me they know your where-a-bouts. I've had cars broken into and stolen right in front of my house...............and NOBODY see's a thing..:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sharkinthepool
09-14-2004, 05:10 AM
O.K. you got me!

I had my 300 stolen twice in 1996. I was so pissed. But you guys are right you have to seriously think about what you are doing. Two weeks before the quad they got my cr125r. I was pissed. The funny thing was my retreiver woke me up (best dog I ever had). I chased those *******s for something like 15 miles before I got pulled over by the cops. I have never been so mad in my life. My insurance jumped so bad the second time I had to make the claim that If they did it again I was going to shoot first and ask questions later.

But that is not the attitude to have.:confused:

sharkinthepool
09-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Mine was stolen the same way both times. We had a 32X48 barn that we had built to keep the trailer and bikes and camper in.

The first time the bikes were in the trailer locked up and then locked inside the barn. They broke in by cutting a hole in the side of the barn the size of the bikes and then took them out that way. They got my brothers cr250's (2) and my cr125, cr250, and 300ex. But left our trx250r?

About two weeks later they broke in again and took the ones the insurance company replaced. They got the 300ex again and one of the cr125s before I/the dog heard them and woke me up.

The funny thing was that is when all the B.S. started. Me getting pulled over for chasing them?:confused:

Of course thinks to the fine O.S.P. and Licking county sheriffs they got away and never got caught. But I got a ticket out of the bullshee.

And my Aunt and Uncle (Franklin county sheriffs) wonder why I have a bad taste in my mouth from it still!!!

chucked
09-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
Mine was stolen the same way both times. We had a 32X48 barn that we had built to keep the trailer and bikes and camper in.

The first time the bikes were in the trailer locked up and then locked inside the barn. They broke in by cutting a hole in the side of the barn the size of the bikes and then took them out that way. They got my brothers cr250's (2) and my cr125, cr250, and 300ex. But left our trx250r?

About two weeks later they broke in again and took the ones the insurance company replaced. They got the 300ex again and one of the cr125s before I/the dog heard them and woke me up.

The funny thing was that is when all the B.S. started. Me getting pulled over for chasing them?:confused:

Of course thinks to the fine O.S.P. and Licking county sheriffs they got away and never got caught. But I got a ticket out of the bullshee.

And my Aunt and Uncle (Franklin county sheriffs) wonder why I have a bad taste in my mouth from it still!!!

I would have kept chasin them.

sharkinthepool
09-14-2004, 08:16 AM
At that time I was young and dumb and more afraid of the cops than they were of me.

Chasing down a couple of guys in a truck, driving a 88 GT mustang that was all pimped out. Probably made me look like the bad guy.

440exnacsracer
09-15-2004, 10:19 PM
did you have a cell phone? if so, you shouldve called 911 and said you were being chased, but following your stolen bikes,...bet you couldve got them then, but its done now lol:rolleyes:

allmixedup047
09-16-2004, 01:14 AM
It's not quite as simple as that. You have to honestly be in fear of your life, and be able to prove the circumstances that led you to that fear.
we learned about this in my law enforcement class. as long as the criminal is not clearly trying to get out of the house its ok to shoot, or stab. so pretty much dont shoot them in the back. and yes, got to have certain circumstances. ive also heard from others that as long as the blood does not leave your house its legal.:rolleyes:

sharkinthepool
09-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
did you have a cell phone? if so, you shouldve called 911 and said you were being chased, but following your stolen bikes,...bet you couldve got them then, but its done now lol:rolleyes:

No I did not have cell phone. At that time they had just come out and I was not sold on having one at that time. I was more interested in having my dirtbikes.:D