PDA

View Full Version : another jetting q.

dodgeram
09-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I just bougt a full exhaust system what is required to change the pilot and needle on the carb. do I have to take it off? I have changede the main jet but never the needle or pilot. is it easiest to take all the plastic off? give me the best instructions possible....thanks

09-10-2004, 05:48 PM
I have a full HMF system and I left my pilot alone. If you want to change it you can do it from the bottom like the jet. It is a little tricky but, it can be done with a mirror. The needle you need to remove the tank. Then unbolt the top of the carb and take off the 2 screws that hold the arm that moves the slide and it will pull out. I didn't have to move my needle until I got a Sparks filter kit. Then I moved it up one notch. Hope this helps.

REDARMYRACER
09-10-2004, 07:53 PM
you can change thr main jet by loosing the carb boots on both sides of the carb and twist the carb toward you on the shifter side of the machine. take off that bottom plug, IT'S 17MM like your lugnuts. the main jet will now be exposed. remove it WITH A 6MM SOCKET. BE CAREFUL sometimes the main jet and the needle jet holder will come out as one piece, theres a tiny washer on the needle jet holder but it is ok just seperate the main jet from the needle holder and reinsert with the new main.

you probably won't need to jet the pilot... just a pipe right???

the needle is easy also and won't require removing the carb either but is more involved...

you also won't need to adjust the needle either....

you can probably jump the main jet size and be ok...

i have more mods and run a big main so i couldn't tell ya what the ball park figure is....

But as you do more to the bike you will be rejetting often for best performance.... so get used to what works for you and oh yeah

BUY A MANUAL IT WILL BE OF GREAT USE EVEN IF YOU ONLY USE IT ONCE!!!!!!!