PDA

View Full Version : my 450r problem help!

Stealth450r
09-10-2004, 03:20 PM
when ever i hit a whoop/bump my quad cuts out.on flat ground runs awsome but once i hit a bump it looses all power until i let off the gas. i havent change the oils in about 40hrs so i dont no if this is the problem but im changing them tommorow. if anybody as any suggestion let me know please.i dont want to take to the dealership because its not warrentied anymore, which sucks.

thanks

JRDrider22
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM
change the oil, change the oil filter.and do normal check ups on everything:D

09-10-2004, 03:51 PM
wow...u ran it for 40 hours withouit changine the oil?....your asking for engine trouble...good luck..i would tell u a few things of what it may be but I feel itas a wate of time b/c u obviously dont give a rats a55 about maintenance

Stealth450r
09-10-2004, 04:31 PM
not that i dont care its, im only 16 and my parents are pricks and wont take me to get oil, plus been spending my money on Jrd Lt arms elka shocks, steering stem. so i guess is my fault for not doing maitenece but learn from your messing up. how often should i change my oil. it says every 20hrs but i usually do that in a week or two. can anypone else help.

thanks

Shawn H
09-10-2004, 05:08 PM
It costs me 12 bucks to change my oil.

You cant spare 12 bucks to save the life of your quad>

Bill Fuller
09-10-2004, 05:15 PM
What a dumbazz you can spend all that money on LT a arms and shocks but can't buy oil and a filter.I know for a fact you can buy oil and filters in the mail.What a idiot.:rolleyes:

Stealth450r
09-10-2004, 06:06 PM
yo if you cant help me dont bother sayin anything. a yes i have plenty of money but my parents wont bring me. so can someone help.

400-416EX
09-10-2004, 09:39 PM
When you finally get your folks to take you to the shop for oil and a filter. Make sure you buy enough oil and filters for a while. Since you have not changed in that long, It migfht not be bad idea to change it, run the bike for a bit. yhen change it again. Then make sure you change it every 20 hrs. Specto oil is good, or honda oil.

09-11-2004, 03:29 PM
i changed my oil in my 450r after 1 hour b/c of the little amount of the oil thats inside it ...a ridiculous 0.85 of a quart compared to the 2 or whateve rin my old 400ex..anyways...now I change it every 6-7 hours...20 hours on break in oil is ridiculous & spend all the money you want on aarms & shocks or whatever b/c your quad wont be going anywhere after the engine locks up...good luck

Big - D Racing
09-11-2004, 04:12 PM
I guess since everyone else already bashed on you for me I will help you on your problem. It sounds like your carb floats are getting stuck. Your floats are acting normal on the flats and as soon as you hit bumps it makes them move spratically and I think they are getting stuck. If that is not it, it is something to do with the carb causing your engine to bog, not your engine. I would take it apart regerdless clean it all out, since you have so much money buy a full pipe kit and jet that carb.
Seriously change that oil otherwise I will go to where you are ring your door bell smack you in the face and ride off with your bike to my house in california. thanks.

Stealth450r
09-11-2004, 08:01 PM
thanks big-d racing,
i change my oil today, but it still does it so tomorrow i will take apart my carb.if the floats are getting stuck how do i fix it.
About the pipe, im waiting so i can get a pipe,cam,piston,vortex ingition,filter,and a hinson clutch.

Big - D Racing
09-11-2004, 09:18 PM
If you have never dealt with a carb before I would get help from someone who has, because there are a lot of little part that get lost and broken very easily. The floats are on a pivot make sure they can move freely, there is nothing in the way of them, and there is no gunk in your float bowl. A wise investment is a fuel filter to make sure no gunk gets in there. Be very careful you don't hurt your carb, and when putting it back together don't over torque anything those mini bolts and jets break very easily.

Stealth450r
09-11-2004, 09:24 PM
my friends dad took his carb apart and cleaned it,so im goin to have him do it so i can watch an learn.

thanks again