PDA

View Full Version : Dubach exhaust?

#1speedbump
09-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Does anyone here have this setup? I just ordered mine and want to know what people are thinking about the performance and what type of jetting your running at Sea level?

4TRAXEX
09-10-2004, 04:00 PM
A few guys over on TRX450R.org are running it and seem to really like it. Doug is a 4 stroke master so I'm sure these pipes have the "right stuff". The pipe's got some publicity in the Dirtwheels awhile back, in the YFZ pipe shootout, but don't seem to be as popular as the big names. Personally I've heard nothing but high praise for his stuff and I've been given the impression that he spends A LOT of R&D time on the products.

As far as specifics, this is said to be a bottom/mid pipe that still manages to pull hard and not lose anything up top. While other systems may find a little more top end power (especially on a hotter motor) this may be one of the best pipes for a stock engine or one with a top end cam.

I think the fact that it is only a slip on is part of the reason it isn't as popular. Everyone thinks they just have to have a full system to make the most/best power. With certain mods or types of riding this may be the case, but not always.

This pipe can be had for a pretty decent price if you shop around. Where did you purchase yours?

#1speedbump
09-10-2004, 04:24 PM
I asked over there too but havent gotten a response yet. I got mine off ebay for 175. I spoke with Dubach today and they claim no rejetting is necessary:eek2: kinda strange. They also said it is similar in power to their yfz slip on. A head pipe is being discussed but has yet to be tested or developed. For the amount I paid I dont think I could have found a better pipe that is still somewhat quite.

kwatts400
09-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I'll be curious to hear how loud the pipe is, I've been thinking about a slip-on but I don't want one that is too loud.

#1speedbump
09-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Dubach claims 96db with the q core, 99-101 w/o. it'll be prob a week or better before I see it

lukester720
09-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
I asked over there too but havent gotten a response yet. I got mine off ebay for 175. I spoke with Dubach today and they claim no rejetting is necessary:eek2: kinda strange. They also said it is similar in power to their yfz slip on. A head pipe is being discussed but has yet to be tested or developed. For the amount I paid I dont think I could have found a better pipe that is still somewhat quite.

You will have to rejet if you take the airbox lid off. BTW, the stock header on the 450R will handle 50 hp so there isn't a real need for a full system unless your making ungodly hp. Desert_450r from trx450r.org has been buying and testing pipes lately and so far he likes the dubach slip-on better that the HRC endcap, the chm full exhaust, and the full alba exhaust. Dubach is a racer and he builds the pipes and rides them until he makes the one that he likes best and then dynos it to confirm his testing, he is fairly new to the exhaust game but I look for him to be one of the big dogs soon.

rap169
09-11-2004, 07:01 PM
is there a website for this pipe and his other products?