PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe my car was stolen...

wilkin250r
09-10-2004, 12:53 PM
I got out of work the other day, and my car is gone! It took a while for it to really sink in because it's so unbelievable.

First of all, I work in a low-crime area. It's mostly proffesional office buildings, and the surrounding neighborhoods are upper-middle class.

Second, it's the most god-awful ugly old pickup you've ever seen. My primary vehicle is down, so I'm driving this old beater for the time being. It's painted green with latex paint, the driver-side window doesn't roll up all the way, and the rear window is missing on the camper shell. It's maybe worth $500 at most. Who in the world would want to steal this thing? Especially when there are several new F150's and even a few Porches in the same parking lot?

Honestly, I think the thing I'm most upset about is my textbooks, worth about as much as the car is...

JR3
09-10-2004, 12:55 PM
that sux dude they prolly jus went right ion the window that don roll up jus ask around ur fellow workers and people and see if they saw anything

400grl
09-10-2004, 12:57 PM
They took it cuz it was easy to take, probably! :) My old Blazer was stolen out of a NICE Scottsdale neighborhood, with BMW's, Porsche's, everything all around.....but it was an easy steal, so they did it. I hope you get the beater back!! :)

300exOH
09-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear about that. It seems they just target the easy vehicles to steal. A family friend just had his early 90's ranger stolen. It really was only worth $1500-2000 at most. There were numerous other nicer vehicles they could've taken. Dirty thieves.:grr: :mad: I hope they catch the thief who did it so they can go to prison over a beat up truck.

Quad18star
09-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Damn dude that sucks . But like everyone was saying , they probably took it cuz it was easy to steal and knew it didn't have an alarm or anything . Easiest vehicles to steal are dodges . I used to work at a garage ... gives me a screw driver and coat hanger and I'll have your car gone in a matter of 45 seconds .

my03-400ex
09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
real sorry to hear about it :( , hope ya get it back :)

wilkin250r
09-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I hope they catch the thief who did it so they can go to prison over a beat up truck.

That's a comforting thought. I hope they catch the thief, and he goes to prison and gets ***-raped daily, all over a POS truck and a joy-ride.

I got a few friends that are prison guards. I'm sure a few sublte hints dropped to the right inmates will make sure the thief gets what he deserves, if they ever catch him...

JUSTINcredible
09-10-2004, 03:20 PM
maybe its on that show where they steal ppls cars and fix them up real nice... i think its called overhaulin'

Guy400
09-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Sucks man. When I was in college my girlfriend's '88 Celebrity was stolen. It was some awful banana yellow with tan cloth interior and not a single option besides A/C. It was found 3 days later abandoned at an intersection with the injectors missing from the throttle body. Some low-life apparently didn't have the coin to fix their own car so they stole my girlfriend's:rolleyes:

09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
As soon as I get this POS runnin again I"m bringin it back....:mad:

batgeek
09-10-2004, 05:00 PM
man that sucks :(

prolly some joy riders or illegals or something that just needed a quick and easy ride.

09-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I have been there myself. Was going to night school, walked out of class and saw my car leaving the parking lot. It was found 4 hours later on the side of the road stripped. Took the police 45 minutes to get there. When I got it back there were finger prints all over it. I asked them if they dusted for prints. They said no consider yourself lucky you got you car back. Good Luck

Aceman
09-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
I have been there myself. Was going to night school, walked out of class and saw my car leaving the parking lot. It was found 4 hours later on the side of the road stripped. Took the police 45 minutes to get there. When I got it back there were finger prints all over it. I asked them if they dusted for prints. They said no consider yourself lucky you got you car back. Good Luck

Man if that was me I would of been pissed. Mostly at the cops.
I would of said "Hey f***ers, my taxes pay your salary, dust the car for prints."

MOFO
09-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
"Hey f***ers, my taxes pay your salary, dust the car for prints."

..and that attitude will get you very far with law enforcement... :rolleyes:

Yep, usually the easier targets are the vehicles that get stolen for a quick ride. Sorry to hear about the theft... :(

Aceman
09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
What would you have done?

*looks sheepishly at the ground* "Oh okay officer, you don't have to dust the car for prints if you don't want to"

God forbid they actually do the job they are getting paid for. I'm sure you would have something to say if your car got stolen and the cops wouldn't lift a finger.

MOFO
09-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
What would you have done?

*looks sheepishly at the ground* "Oh okay officer, you don't have to dust the car for prints if you don't want to"

God forbid they actually do the job they are getting paid for. I'm sure you would have something to say if your car got stolen and the cops wouldn't lift a finger.

Yes, I would follow through, (I never said you should not push the issue) but making a statement like you did will do absolutely freaking nothing to advance your cause except piss them off. Take the issue up with other officers or higher up.

SGA
09-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear about that wilkin. :(

JOEX
09-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
That's a comforting thought. I hope they catch the thief, and he goes to prison and gets ***-raped daily, all over a POS truck and a joy-ride.

I got a few friends that are prison guards. I'm sure a few sublte hints dropped to the right inmates will make sure the thief gets what he deserves, if they ever catch him...
I have friends in corrections too, a subtle way to get revenge;)

Hope you get your POS back :p

To those of you that think the cops should dust for prints on stolen property, turn off the TV and read the newspaper. I have had stuff stolen from me and it sucks. I hate thieves, they are scum, and a waste of life. While it would be nice to have the police find the dirtbags that stole your material items, i'd rather have them spending their time looking for the murderers, rapists and drug dealers that are really ***king things up for people.

JTRtrx250r
09-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Sorry to hear about that wilkin. :( :(

wilkin250r
09-11-2004, 01:15 PM
It just really makes me angry that some jerk-off is going to cost me not only the cost of the vehicle, but also several hundred dollars to replace my textbooks, calculator, and various tools I had in the car, all because he's too lazy to walk, or too lazy to get a job and pay for his own car parts.

Makes me want to find him and break both his arms and legs. How's THAT for inconvenient, you shmuck!!!

09-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

To those of you that think the cops should dust for prints on stolen property, turn off the TV and read the newspaper. I have had stuff stolen from me and it sucks. I hate thieves, they are scum, and a waste of life. While it would be nice to have the police find the dirtbags that stole your material items, i'd rather have them spending their time looking for the murderers, rapists and drug dealers that are really ***king things up for people.

My opinion on that is how do you know the thief wasn't a wanted MURDER, RAPIST or DRUG DEALER. You get were I'm coming from. Also if you just let stuff like that go it will never stop. That is a pretty SH*&&Y way to think.

JOEX
09-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
My opinion on that is how do you know the thief wasn't a wanted MURDER, RAPIST or DRUG DEALER. You get were I'm coming from. Also if you just let stuff like that go it will never stop. That is a pretty SH*&&Y way to think.
I know what you're saying and I don't think we should let this stuff go, i'd like to see the thieves get some real punishment rather than a slap on the wrist.

I was looking at it realisticly, the police and court system don't have the resources to procecute every crime. Theft is a relativly minor crime nowadays compared to all the other crap going on.

wilkin250r
09-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Dusting for and lifting prints, and then comparing those prints is an expensive process. Not only that, it's entirely possible that the prints will not match up with anybody they have on record.

But let's imagine that the prints DO match up, and they have a name. They can't just go arrest that person based on prints. It would prove that they were in the car, but it doesn't prove that they STOLE the car. The connection between prints and conviction is a VERY expensive process. Investigations and prosecutions are not cheap.

All in all, it's way too expensive and time-consuming for a simple vehicle-theft conviction. If we required our police department to go through the whole process for every single minor felony crime, we'd all be paying five times as much in state taxes. It's just not worth it.

Woodsrider
09-12-2004, 05:40 PM
I hope you get your chit back, Wilkin. Car thieves suck, period. Here in Washington a kid can steal cars and get caught five times before he does any jail time.:eek2: Yep thats right, five times getting caught before he goes to jail. And the states AttourneyGeneral is so proud of the "tough new law" that she brags about it in her bid for the governors job:rolleyes:
Ive had my car stolen and it sucks. I just missed the thieve by less than a couple of minutes. It was raining and when I went out to get into my car for work, there was nothing there but a dry spot in the drive way. They recovered the car 35 miles away still running infront of a known drug house. But rather than hold back and catch the thief, they secured the car and impounded it. Didnt even dust for prints. it cost me four hundred bucks to get my car out of impound and fix the ignition switch. nearly half what the car was worth.