PDA

View Full Version : fmf power bomb

hippy440
04-08-2002, 08:57 PM
i just got my fmf power bomb today and was surprised to see that the head pipes are the same size or smaller than stock! does this header really flow more than stock?:confused:

RAPTORAZ
04-08-2002, 09:12 PM
I noticed a little better throttle response with mine. But that's about it. I'm glad I bought mine used from a buddy for $100.00.

twisted threads
04-09-2002, 04:48 AM
hippy440 that is what I thought also. I ran the pipe for 2 weeks and was not impressed at all.:mad: Yes it had killer bottom end and mid but the top end was not that impressive. I knew my bike should be faster than it was. I beat a stock shee and some modded 400's but I was not that happy with it. This motor should rev harder than that , I thought. So I sold it and my WB E-series slip on and bought the Yoshimura comp full system. WOW!! that pipe woke up this beast! It lost a little bottom (not much) but it pulls very hard in the mid and the top. The head pipe is lots bigger than the powerbomb header. The Powerbomb is a good pipe dont get me wrong but, it was not the pipe that I was looking for.

knighttime
04-09-2002, 07:25 AM
I 'm not sure what u guys expect. The FMF powerbong header pipe has much better flow and gives noticeable gains over the stock header pipe. It's probably the best one on the market. You can't expect that a header pipe will give u tremendous top end. The header pipe gives u mainly torque.

Also make sure u guys are jetted right.

TRFOXX
04-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Ill buy you Powerbomb header pipe from you! Trfoxx@aol.com

gojk
04-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Will the powerbomb work with a Yosh offroad slip-on. From everything I have heard it shoudl work but Terry Marcum told me it prob won't. Will it?

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 11:55 AM
I have been hearing a lot of not so good stuff about the powerbong here lately. I talked to TC and he said the only thing it is good for is torque and is pretty restrictive,,,but he also said the stocker is better for torque than the powerbong. He said he dont reccomend it at all! i decided to just keep my stock headers with his slip on!
He said if you want more mid-top end get a better flowing pipe. the 400 has plenty of torque so i would think a better flowing pipe would be better. When i put my Yoshi full system on my 416 it woke up big time!!!!

twisted threads
04-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Guys Im not putting down the power bomb it is a awsome pipe but just was not what I was looking for. It flows better stock but my Yoshimura is better for what the riding I do (mostly Dunes). And knighttime my jetting is right thanks for checking on me though.;)

Sorry TRFOXX I sold it to a friend.:(

knighttime
04-09-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
I have been hearing a lot of not so good stuff about the powerbong here lately. I talked to TC and he said the only thing it is good for is torque and is pretty restrictive,,,but he also said the stocker is better for torque than the powerbong. He said he dont reccomend it at all! i decided to just keep my stock headers with his slip on!

What have they been smokin over at TC racing? Their info is wrong. :eek:

Tommy 17
04-09-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by knighttime

What have they been smokin over at TC racing? Their info is wrong. :eek:

he can smoke anything he wants as long as he makes his cams still!!!!! haha i love my tc cam...

i am thinkin about doin the powerbong and a yoshi slip on deal my friend may sell me his yoshi for 100$ but i will c

ChadEXer
04-09-2002, 06:34 PM
i say he can smoke whatever he wants to because he sure is building some damned fast quads. I believe Dana Creech just won not too long ago with TC's motor too,,,I believe I read that in one of the magazines!!!

04-10-2002, 07:49 AM
I would think the powerbong gives more mid to top end power instead of low end torque by the way the 2 exhaust pipes angle as they leave the head,,the turns and lengths of the powerbong's pipes are totally different than stock,,so the power would be delivered in a different spot..compared to stock.

honda400exrider
04-10-2002, 10:38 AM
i ride mostly dunses, beach deaggin, and play draggin in felids. is the yosh header or FMF better. i allready have the yosh slip on. thanx:devil

knighttime
04-10-2002, 11:24 AM
get the powerbong.

I have a true story. The night I put on the powerbong header pipe I took a little test ride in my yard after I did it. I almost fell of the thing because of the added "snap" it had. Anyone who says the stock header pipe is better than the powerbong header is greatly mistaken. I'm not saying they are a crackhead, but they are wrong.:eek:

04-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
Anyone who says the stock header pipe is better than the powerbong header is greatly mistaken. :eek:

,,,,,,,As knighttime sticks the spoon in and slowly stirs up the ****,,all the native's become restless..:eek: :devil