PDA

View Full Version : big problem

quadingdude23
09-09-2004, 07:03 PM
alright...the shaft that comes out of the transmission that holds the front sprocket the outer row of teeth that the sprocket goes behind got all stripped and nothing holds on the sprocket. so i was thinking instead of ripping the transmission apart and replacing it i was thinking of making threads inside the shaft so a bolt could go on there with a washer to hold the sprocket. is this a good idea or no. and if not what should i do. allso were can i get a dependable axle carrior for chep along with new sprockets and chain? thanks

300extasy
09-10-2004, 07:13 AM
It is a good idea, however, I don't think you would be able to drill and tap it because it is probably hardened steel.

sharkinthepool
09-10-2004, 08:11 AM
:huh

Martin Blair
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
you striped the splines off the outshaft? holy **** kid :huh

quadingdude23
09-12-2004, 01:45 PM
yep

SnowFlake
09-12-2004, 06:30 PM
I think you should just do everything the right way so you dont run into more problems. Just go to www.servicehonda.com to find your stuff.

drifterx
09-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Hey man, your not alone. I did the exact same thing to my 300ex 2 days ago. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but i took a small jump on a friends farm, when i landed, it revved, like it was in neutral, but it was actually in first. I might have to rebuild it myself, because i think the new front sprocket might have voided the warranty, but i'm gonna check with my dealer soon to be sure. :(

hart
09-14-2004, 07:32 PM
I did the same thing man so i just drilled it out n taped it , then welded the end with a few washers and a bolt it works great!!! definatly chhper than a new shaft, seems like a stronger set up than the stock way but thats just my opinion.

quadingdude23
09-14-2004, 09:24 PM
do you have pictures of it and was it hard to do? i would do it the right way but i dont know how to take apart the transmission and i dont want to pay ne one because i am trying to sell it for money for a car.

ewalker302
09-15-2004, 03:21 AM
If you can drill it, just drill a hole through the shaft, and put a thick washer and a cotter pin on there. I would def run the sprocket guard tho.

:bandit:

hart
09-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Sorry man i dont have any pictures of it , but u dont need to take the motor, / transmission apart to do it, basically u drill out the center of the shaft,and tap it then get a threaded shaft that will fit in the hole so screw that in, then weld it up around where it goes in to the shaft right around so it dosent spin out, then put ur sproket on get a couple big washers put them on then a nut , if i can get picks soon i will 4 u , but thats basically how i did it, any more help u need just leme know1