PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Work Computers...

Fender Bender
09-09-2004, 04:12 PM
So I got to work today and all of the car salesmen are telling me their loan program wont work. There are 2 computers at either end of the building, the one at the other side has an "M:\" under "Network Drives" in My Computer. When I click "Find Target" in properties on this computer, it goes to a folder in My Network Places, so it is pulling it from the other computer. It works fine on the other computer, but when you open it on this one it will load, and then close again. I downloaded and ran all Spybot Search & Destroy, AdAware, and when I tried to open SpySweeper, it did the same thing. The Loan Document program is called "Mustard Seed", and it opens in msdos.

I can't figure it out and everyone seems to be acting like its my fault...any ideas? I think it is the computer, not the program. But I don't know what would be causing it.

Thanks for any help...

Quad18star
09-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah that sounds like a virus of some sort , but I ain't a computer "tech" either . I hate computers with a passion . I seen a poll on TV just 2 days ago , and the number stress causer for office people , is "dumb" computers . It was funna to see one guy litterally bash his computer screen with the keyboard and you see the guy in the other cubicle just peak his head over to see what was going on . This dude FREAKED on his computer .