PDA

View Full Version : like the name says

quadvirgin
09-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I am a quadvirgin. LOL I have never owned a quad. I have ridden on them, lol, and usually then only on the back of one. But that's all changed, cause now I am inheriting a used 2001 400ex, and I want to change everything about it's appearance. For instance, it's red. Yet, I want orange plastic. Is that even possible? :confused: I want orange seat cover too, and silver graphics if possible. I have seen several orange and blue quads, and blue is my fave color, but I am wanting to put something together that doesn't look like anyone elses. I have no clue where to start looking for anything that I want. I need it all I spose. Any sites or links to sites would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

theTman
09-09-2004, 03:55 PM
check out fullbore...laker custom...and maier for orange plastic

welcome to the site!:)

Big400EX
09-09-2004, 03:56 PM
So shoulda have gotten a Yamaha if you wanted those color plastics. You can get those color plastics you just gotta buy seperate ones.

:rolleyes:

JDiablo
09-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
So shoulda have gotten a Yamaha if you wanted those color plastics. You can get those color plastics you just gotta buy seperate ones.

:rolleyes:

wtf:huh

but anyway plastics arent cheap,fullbores run you about 500 dollars got any pix?and welcome newbie

Big400EX
09-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Im just saying, why does he gotta bother with Honda if he doesn't like the color of the bike, whether its red, blue, or pink it's all about what running it. Honda's colors are trademark they represent Honda, Blue represents YFZ, and Orange represents KTM, sometimes.:o

wilkin250r
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Honestly, get some seat time and experience with your quad before you start jumping into anything, even changing the colors.

True, the color change won't do anything. But what you want is exposure to the ATV world before you make descisions. Get a little exposure to the different types and brands of fenders before you choose one. Get some experience riding and maintaining your machine before you tear it down to change the frame color. Learn why aftermarket handlebars are better, and which ones you want before you run off and spend your money on them.

Basically, learn a little about your quad and your options before you run off to change everything.

Now, with that being said, you can do almost anything your wallet allows. You can buy new plastic fenders in a variety of colors, even no color (clear)! You can do even more with the frame colors. You want more power? It's limited by your wallet. You want wider wheelbase, softer or stiffer suspension, different headlights, it's all available.

popo
09-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Welcome. Now with the 32,000 horndogs on this site. They are gonna want to know, Guy or Gal and if your a chick they are gonna want pics.

All you horndogs in agreement? I am sure the exriders horndog president Jerry is for it. :devil:

theTman
09-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by popo
Welcome. Now with the 32,000 horndogs on this site. They are gonna want to know, Guy or Gal and if your a chick they are gonna want pics.

All you horndogs in agreement? I am sure the exriders horndog president Jerry is for it. :devil:

:devil:

I-7
09-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the site :macho .

JDiablo
09-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by popo

o hell yes you hit it right on the spot

TM426
09-09-2004, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by quadvirgin
[B]I am a quadvirgin. LOL
\
We can change that;)

quadvirgin27
09-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Well I have tried to post back all night, but it won't let me on with the previous name, so hmm... oh well.... To answer some questions, I am a girl. lol and for pics you can check out my Yahoo Pictures. I dunno how to post any on here. LOL I "inherited" it, didn't buy it, so it's free. I know nothing of four wheelers, but all I know is the KFX is cool, cause its' orange lmao!!! Truthfully this one scares me a bit, but I'll learn, either that or I'll trade it on a 250 lmao! Thanks for all the help, I hopefully will be able to find something. Gotta save up the $$ first though! lol

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by quadvirgin
I am a quadvirgin. LOL I have never owned a quad. I have ridden on them, lol, and usually then only on the back of one. But that's all changed, cause now I am inheriting a used 2001 400ex, and I want to change everything about it's appearance. For instance, it's red. Yet, I want orange plastic. Is that even possible? :confused: I want orange seat cover too, and silver graphics if possible. I have seen several orange and blue quads, and blue is my fave color, but I am wanting to put something together that doesn't look like anyone elses. I have no clue where to start looking for anything that I want. I need it all I spose. Any sites or links to sites would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Ive got a fettish for Orange too...:D :devil:

quadvirgin27
09-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Funny thing is, blue is my fave color, but everyone has blue, you just dont' see alot of orange ones. Plus the Orange plastic looks hella sweet! and not to mention I look good in orange. roflmao!!! Just what you guys on here need, a girl that coordinates her quad color!!!!

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by quadvirgin27
Funny thing is, blue is my fave color, but everyone has blue, you just dont' see alot of orange ones. Plus the Orange plastic looks hella sweet! and not to mention I look good in orange. roflmao!!! Just what you guys on here need, a girl that coordinates her quad color!!!! We got an orange quad.......:devil:

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:00 PM
with Ocean Blue PC........:D

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:02 PM
I can relate to ya sista on wanting to Accesorize!!!:blah: My HOnda is silver,black and Orange.... :p

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:04 PM
I am thinking of getting a new seat cover..... I found one I am in LOVE with.......

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:05 PM
I want this seat!!!:macho

quadvirgin27
09-09-2004, 11:05 PM
HOLY!!!!! That is the EXACT same one I found!! NO FAIR!!! Now I gotta find another one:(

SGA
09-09-2004, 11:08 PM
To answer some questions, I am a girl. lol and for pics you can check out my Yahoo Pictures. lol

I might as well beat Jerry to it. Wheres the link?

SGA
09-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Oh, welcome to the site!:)

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:11 PM
HOLY!!!!! That is the EXACT same one I found!! NO FAIR!!! Now I gotta find another one:( we must both have good taste;) I think a PC'd bling Star Bumper would look good too??? What do you think??!!!

quadvirgin27
09-09-2004, 11:13 PM
http://profiles.yahoo.com/janey62441

quadvirgin27
09-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
we must both have good taste;) I think a PC'd bling Star Bumper would look good too??? What do you think??!!!

LMAO!! Notice my name! I'm an unexperienced rider! hehe If you're gonna post stuff about parts, give me a pic or a link of where I can go to look at it! I'm stupid yes, but willing to learn!

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:16 PM
HOLY!!!!! That is the EXACT same one I found!! NO FAIR!!! Now I gotta find another one:( sell ya mine........:D http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pfd7b4215463abfd4cc9419f012dd3745/fc0c208c.jpg

BTW. Welcome to the site......... The BOYZ here will be here horn doggin ya sooner than you know!!!:p

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 11:19 PM
LMAO!! Notice my name! I'm an unexperienced rider! hehe If you're gonna post stuff about parts, give me a pic or a link of where I can go to look at it! I'm stupid yes, but willing to learn! lol. Sorry, forgot........:o and no. your not dumb. ;) heres the bumper.... http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p8c78a604b2a4dac5ca361393ad7be9ef/f79f1bc8.jpg

Now imagine it with Orange Powder Coat.........:cool:

quadvirgin27
09-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Well, I can' t get the link to work for Yahoo. sorry, lol, but that's not that important anyway. I like that bumper! I can see that my tax check for next year is already going to be spent! And as far as the boyz dogging me, I'm not too worried about it. lol

TGW_400ex
09-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
wtf:huh

but anyway plastics arent cheap,fullbores run you about 500 dollars got any pix?and welcome newbie

You mean fullbore isn't cheap. Other plastics like maier isn't that bad

quadvirgin27
09-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Headed to the local hundy dealer today on my lunch hour to check out what they have. Not a big fan of buying strictly Honda parts though, I've heard it's not something I have to do though. I've noticed alot of people getting quads and changing everything on them. I guess my big purchase for the day is a helmet, cause the places I wanna go riding require it. Hopefully I'll find an orange one that fits, lol!

MY450R
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
welcome to the site virgin haha like your name
btw yes we are ALL horn dogs around here

Rdhanded2
09-10-2004, 08:12 AM
throw that helmet on whether they require it or not! And welcome to the site. BTW, I am the sites official pic inspector, so if you have any pics that you think might not be appropriate for the site, send them to me and I will help you decide. Just a service I like to do for the good of this site.....

MY450R
09-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
throw that helmet on whether they require it or not! And welcome to the site. BTW, I am the sites official pic inspector, so if you have any pics that you think might not be appropriate for the site, send them to me and I will help you decide. Just a service I like to do for the good of this site.....
he does mostly men pics but he will give you a break and inspect yours cause yur new lol j/k

p@iNn3ck
09-10-2004, 08:35 AM
She's a JR fan.... allllllright in my book! Welcome!

mikeminyard
09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Funny thing is, blue is my fave color, but everyone has blue, you just dont' see alot of orange ones. Plus the Orange plastic looks hella sweet! and not to mention I look good in orange. roflmao!!! Just what you guys on here need, a girl that coordinates her quad color!!!!

Don't feel too bad. My wife does the same thing. Tries to get me to also, but I tell her it's gay for guys to do that. :D

I went to your site and it says that access is restricted. Are you really gonna tease us like that?:grr:

quadvirgin27
09-10-2004, 05:50 PM
I had someone else tell me that it was restricted too! I don't understand why, I didn't set it up that way:confused: I'll see what I can do, cause I don't know what I've done to it. lol

mikeminyard
09-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Here is the message that is shown:

Restricted Access
Sorry, janey62441 has not shared any albums with you. If you think you reached this page in error, please contact janey62441 and ask them to share an album with you. Learn more about sharing albums.

If that helps any.

quadvirgin27
09-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Alright, I had it restricted for some stupid reason. I don't remember doing that, lol! :rolleyes: Oh well! It should be fixed now. :blah:

Aceman
09-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Yep it works. Nice photos;) BTW Welcome to the site:D

mikeminyard
09-10-2004, 06:13 PM
That worked. You're pretty hot. :devil: Get ready for the horndogs. Nice lookin quad too.

quadvirgin27
09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks I think she's pretty too............. :macho

You do know I'm talking about the quad? lmao!

Yes I gave it a sex change, he is now a she! lol cause I own it now baby!

440exnacsracer
09-10-2004, 11:25 PM
looks like youve got a KICKn first quad to start out with,....400ex's have endless accesories......tina, are you keepin your pred together or rebuilding it for the QB of the year contest? i have some ideas on mine, and would like to get your opinion on them.;) ill prolly pm you sometime.

-ben

QuadJunkies
09-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
....tina, are you keepin your pred together or rebuilding it for the QB of the year contest? i have some ideas on mine, and would like to get your opinion on them.;) ill prolly pm you sometime.

-ben ITs already done.......:D We didnt sink thousands of dollars into it but.........

Wait a minute. now that I think of it we did........:huh :o

aside of getting some new suspention, its done... ;) I think that Contest you had to start the build at a certain date(not before?) so I dont think we qualify....... :( I think someone will out do us by far on that one anyhow....:)

theTman
09-11-2004, 09:21 AM
tina i think when u get the blingstar bumper....do the inside the color of you frame and the outside orange:macho :confused:

47501exracer
09-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Looks like you live near Casey.....you should come check out the harescrambles sometime Ms. Virgin!

QuadJunkies
09-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by theTman
tina i think when u get the blingstar bumper....do the inside the color of you frame and the outside orange:macho :confused: My frame will be Orange if I get that bumper:D

theTman
09-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
My frame will be Orange if I get that bumper:D

oooo i misunderstood...i forgot all about the 400