PDA

View Full Version : Bar riser project(lots of pics)

kjettro
09-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Did a bar riser job on my trx, what do you guys think?

www.kjettro.com/quad.htm

theTman
09-09-2004, 03:58 PM
wow....thats quite the rise buddy:eek2:

remlapr
09-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Looks good, but I think you may have gone a little over board LOL...

Matt102
09-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Sorry to say it dude, but if you crash your steering stem's done for. With fat bars and that much leverage from the raised height it shouldn't take much to bend it.

Jersey450R
09-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry man, but why on gods earth would you ever imagine or do anything remotly close to what you just did. put this thread to rest. speechless...:confused:

CdaleXtreme
09-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Great crafstmanship, looks like a quality build. Might have been better off going with a +1 1/2 stem and getting like CR double high bend or something like that. it will put alot of leverage on your stem but run it as long as she will last! :D

kjettro
09-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
I'm sorry man, but why on gods earth would you ever imagine or do anything remotly close to what you just did. put this thread to rest. speechless...:confused:

First off, i live in norway and here you cant get a steering stem, i must order one from usa, and that would cost me at least 400$, second i am a tall guy (6,2") and i only do motox with my quad, and after a moto my back hurt like hell, so i had to adjust the ride height, trird, if and when the stem breaks or bend i just make me a stronger one.
The total rise with bars is little under 2", perfect for me as i am a semi pro motocross rider, who enjoy quads on my spare time.

dont answer if you dont can come up with anything better than this to say.

I just wanna share my love of building custom parts for and to my toys.......

dixie1
09-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Looks like a good effort to me. I would like to see some pictures of somebody sitting & standing on the quad with that setup just to see how it fits...Is it comfortable when you are sitting?

Pappy
09-10-2004, 06:53 AM
ive sent stuff oversea's and the price want bad...wasnt godo either so i know where your coming from.

id be leary of that set up for one reason. a hard landing will more then likely rip the bolts from where it mounts to the stem. the leverage ratio is now amplified due to the increased height.

you can use a 400ex stem in the 450R as long as you make a new clamp bushing. since you have access to a cnc machine all you would need is the material for it.

secondly, adding the additional length to the stem should be easier if done at the stem shaft i would think:confused:

any way ...good effort!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-10-2004, 08:12 AM
what you did looks good, but I am with pappy you should lengthen the stem. by the way nice calendar :bandit:

kjettro
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I see your point pappy, but as you already know, parts are hard to find here, so i have to be a little bit of a inventor and build my own parts, somthing i love to do, and this gives me mutch more experience than just buy a bolt on product, i can build, and testride the stuff and do mods under the process.
And i oversized the bolts to 1/2 inch so ripping out wont be a issue, but the stem will probaly bend or break in case of a impact.

I have been thinking of welding some gussets from top of the stem down along the stem shaft, but i will only move my problem in case of a impact, anyway, i am happy with my riser, that is what count......

Stealth450r
09-10-2004, 06:36 PM
i no this has nothing to do with it but what kind of clutch lever is that.

kjettro
09-10-2004, 10:51 PM
The lever is stock crf 450 2004.