PDA

View Full Version : Western massachusetts ride

Sick0
04-08-2002, 07:38 PM
I would like to get a bunch of people to ride in the western massachustts area. We have a lot trails up here and some pits. Tell me whats kinda riding you do and what kinda of quad you have.

04-10-2002, 10:41 AM
i have a 400ex and i ride in milford and holliston

300exHILLER
04-10-2002, 12:11 PM
I ride in northern RI and in Mass along 495. If you want to get a group ride going that will be fine. I know of me (300ex), my friend (250ex), my cousin(250ex), uncle (raptor) would take a trip out there. Plus we are all registered in Mass!

Let me know

pbarr86
04-11-2002, 11:52 AM
OK, let me start with, WHERE DO YOU RIDE IN HOLLISTON???

The only place I have really ridden is in Wrentham.

I have a 300ex one friend has a Raptor and a 300ex another has a Lakota Sport and yet another friend has a Suzuki 500 (I forget the year) and a Raptor.

Me and my friend with the Lakota are already planning a trip to the Pittsfield State Forest for a camp and ride weekend. We are gonna camp on "Fire Tower Road" I have been told that is a good spot to camp and ride because it's right on the main ATV trail. Perhaps you may have another suggestion.

We are all registered also.

Paul

400exJOE
04-12-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm a little east of Albany NY. I have NY plates and registration, but I would rather wait until June to ride because with school and everything, I need to study until the end of the year for finals. Anyways, are you wanting to ride in the state forest or just all around there?

pbarr86
04-29-2002, 01:58 PM
bump

MIKE400EX
04-29-2002, 03:13 PM
I know two families that would go if that's the kind of company you're looking for. (1) banshee, (1) trailblazer, (3) 250ex's, (1) 440ex, and (1) z-400 if it ever gets here!

04-30-2002, 02:56 PM
I ride a 2002 400ex...i would love to ride some new trails! I am from Coventry, CT...half hour east of Hartford.

DeDo
04-30-2002, 03:17 PM
Hey Guys

I live and usually ride in Cumberland (RI) and Attleboro (Mass). I have heard a lot of people talk about Wrentham - can anyone give me some information on where to get into the trails and where you park the trucks/trailers?

I have out of state Mass plates so I am "legal" - is the area?

I really appreciate it. The area near my house is getting slowly crunched by the local police as the result of a couple of idiots and I am being forced to trailer the quads to go riding...

Thanks again...

DeDo

pbarr86
05-01-2002, 07:00 AM
Hey DeDo,
Well the place in Wrentham is/was right behind the Wrentham Outlet Mall BUT and this is a big BUT the place where everyone would park and ride just got closed about 2 weeks ago. I pulled in with my trailer like I always did and there were "no trespassing you will be prosecuted" signs everywhere. I haven't been back since to see if there are other places that people have been parking to get to the trails. But the big open "pit" area is closed. If anyone else knows more about this I would love to know.

Paul

pbarr86
05-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Thats the one, you go past the mall by about a mile like you said take a right onto what I think is High st. and the Parking/Pit is right there on the right. When I went there 2 weeks ago there were signs everywhere telling you to stay the **** out. A friend of mine went there last week to check it out and the signs were all still there and nobody was riding. I have to go back at some point and see if there is another place to park to still be able to go down the trails. I'm assuming that they are gonna be building something there but I don't know for sure.

Paul

300exHILLER
05-01-2002, 11:09 AM
pbarr86, Stunz:
I work just one more exit north of the wrentham mall (King st. exit) at EMC in the Franklin Industral park. I aways park in the there parking lot. When you go into the park the building is on your left, and when you are facing the buliding park as far to the right as possible in the parking lot to the right of the buliding. After you unload ride behind the buliding SLOWLY and just before you have to turn left there will be a power station on your right, go up that drive way and just before the fence turn left. This will bring you to the power lines, that can take you to wrentham if you go right and Franklin state forest if you go left. If you guys respect EMC's land there shouldn't be a problem with people parking there.

300exHILLER
05-01-2002, 11:12 AM
DeDo

Do you know if there is a way to get to Wrentham from the Cumberland trails. If so please reply I have been trying to find a way for 6-months now!!!

DeDo
05-02-2002, 08:07 AM
I do not know of any way to get to Wrentham...

I think you are the one that is familiar with Cumberland and the "piggary". As you probably know, it is getting to be crunch time in there - Cumberland and Attleboro/North Attleboro cops have had enough and local residents are starting to complain. I guess a couple of idiots damaged someones property and I heard someone even hit a couple of people who were walking...

So, its getting to the point where we will have to truck/trailer to ride. That really sucks.

So - if there is a way to get into Wrentham to ride or if someone knows of some other spots please let us all know...

Thanks

DeDo

300exHILLER
05-02-2002, 08:21 AM
Have you ever tried the huge sand pit off exit 7 off 95s. I have been going there for the past few weeks its a good time no cops unless someone rides on the street. No trails but 5 wide open soft sand pits. All the pits are connected. I'll be down there sat. and sunday. If you are not familar with it just take exit 7 off 95s turn right then left at Wendys and just keep going straight till you can't go no more that where everyone parks their trucks.

DeDo
05-02-2002, 12:02 PM
I think I am going to give it a shot on Sunday. I have been looking forward to hitting some dunes and the only place I have gone is down in Wareham...

I printed out your instructions - I will give it a shot on Sunday. I will be hauling a trailer - is there room where you park and do cops wait to ticket people or is it a "safe" place to ride...

DeDo

pbarr86
05-02-2002, 12:12 PM
Is that place off exit 7 in MA or RI? If it is RI what is RI law for out of state bikes? I am registered in MA would that be good enough?

Paul

300exHILLER
05-02-2002, 12:13 PM
no its cool every time I have gone there has been at least 15-20 trucks with bikes parked there. The cops came one time last year because someone rode near some houses all way at the other end of the pit but there is no reason to go over there anyways. The cops just told us to leave. I know a few guys that work for the company that owns the pits and they say just don't reck the packed roads and don't litter and the owner has no problem with us riding there. I'll be there on sunday just look for a red F250 w/my 300 and my friends 250ex.

300exHILLER
05-02-2002, 12:16 PM
its in RI. In RI you not suppose to ride period but F them.
I'm registered in Mass to, got me out of some situations in RI.

pbarr86
05-02-2002, 12:22 PM
I won't be able to go there this weekend but I'll hold on to those directions for next weekend. I will be riding with all the little ones this weeekend so we will be bringing them to their "easy" place.

DeDo
05-02-2002, 12:29 PM
I should be up there around 10:00AM or so. I have a yellow 400EX and I will be with another guy with a red 300EX. I will be hauling in a black pathfinder with a 6x12 utility trailer...

Hope to see you down there...

You said to someone else it was RI - I thought you were talking about Mass exit 7 - you are talking about RI???

DeDo

300exHILLER
05-02-2002, 12:31 PM
yup RI

pbarr86
05-30-2002, 09:29 AM
yup, it's closed :mad:

Aggregate's insurnace company closed it because of the liability. I guess they got freaked out when the dirtbikers started jumping the test holes.

Back to the topic, me and a friend are planning on camping and riding out in Pittsfield on the 22nd and 23rd of this month (June) maybe we'll see someone out there.

Later,
Paul

pbarr86
06-20-2002, 08:39 AM
I will be riding and camping w/ a friend of mine the weekend of June 28th at the Pittsfield State Forest. Have my campsite booked and everything :D

and the bad news I just found out that the place I have been riding at (Wrentham State School) is now ALSO closed to riding. I started going there after they closed the place behid the Wrentham Outlets:grr :mad:

Now it's time to TRY and find another place to ride :confused:

This is really sucking ARSE!!!!!! I can't drive all the way out to Pittsfield every weekend.